over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's your split?

Clemsox

Newbies
Hey guys just wondering what everybody workout split. I'm currently doing everybody part 1x a week but want to incorporate 2x a week starting very soon. Maybe doing phat or something on those lines

if i train a muscle group or lift twice a week it usually looks like this:

Monday & Thursday - Chest/Back/Shoulders
Tuesday & Saturday - Legs/Biceps/Triceps/Abs/Calves

That's a lot of volume in one day but you do only go 4x a week. How long your workout takes ?

Mon: Back Squat
Tues: Overhead Press
Wed: rest
Thurs: Deadlift
Fri: Bench Press
Sat: rest
Sun: rest

I keep my volume down when doing 2x/wk.

Typically one workout is free weights with more powerlifting / weightlifting type of stuff. The other day of the week is machines and more of an easier pumping day.

My volume doesn't exceed 6-8 total working sets on any muscle group in one workout.

I can typically get this workout done in 60 minutes because I'll often superset stuff like say alternate bic and tri sets or do like bench/chins.

Most often I'll do a routine like SBC mentioned above.

Monday: Bench Press. Incline Press. Bar Rows. One Arm Rows.
Tuesday: Extensions. Leg Press. Barbell Squats. Bar & DB Curls. Lying & Seated Tri Ext. Abs Crunch. Seated Calves.
Thursday: Overhead Press. Close Grip Press. Dips. Laterals. Chins. Shrugs.
Friday: Deadlifts. Stiff Leg Deadlifts. Leg Curls. Bar & DB Curls. Lying & Seated Tri Ext. Abs Crunch. Seated Calves.
You get the idea ...

I've taken some ideas from DC and some from MD training as well as Big Beyond Belief and Titan Training and molded my own HIT style... Just kind of adapted to it over time...

Day 1: Calves/Hammies/Quads
Day 2: Chest/Shoulders/Tris
Day 3: Bis / Forearms / Back width / Back thickness
Day 4: Calves/Hammies/Quads
Day 5: Chest/Shoulders/Tris
Day 6: Bis / Forearms / Back width / Back thickness
Day 7: Off
Day 8: Calves/Hammies/Quads
Day 9: Chest/Shoulders/Tris
Day 10: Bis / Forearms / Back width / Back thickness
Day 11: Repeat Day 1 workout
Day 12: Repeat Day 2 workout
Day 13: Repeat Day 3 workout
.....and so on

So I train each body part twice per week and have three different workouts for each bodypart.

Mon Leggs
Tues off
Wed Chest & Tris
Thur off
Fri Back & bis
Sat off
Sun Delts & traps

I've taken some ideas from DC and some from MD training as well as Big Beyond Belief and Titan Training and molded my own HIT style... Just kind of adapted to it over time...

Day 1: Calves/Hammies/Quads
Day 2: Chest/Shoulders/Tris
Day 3: Bis / Forearms / Back width / Back thickness
Day 4: Calves/Hammies/Quads
Day 5: Chest/Shoulders/Tris
Day 6: Bis / Forearms / Back width / Back thickness
Day 7: Off
Day 8: Calves/Hammies/Quads
Day 9: Chest/Shoulders/Tris
Day 10: Bis / Forearms / Back width / Back thickness
Day 11: Repeat Day 1 workout
Day 12: Repeat Day 2 workout
Day 13: Repeat Day 3 workout
.....and so on

So I train each body part twice per week and have three different workouts for each bodypart.

This looks similar to my split:
Chest/delts/tris
Back/bis/abs
Legs/calves
Repeat

Usually 5 days a week but sometimes 6. My gym is closed Sunday

Last edited:
quads, hams calves
chest, tris (light)
back, bis (light)
shoulders, hams
arms
off day
repeat

Mon- Chest
Tues- Arms
Wed- Back/Shoulders
Thur- Legs

Fri Sat Sun.. Eat drink and be merry

This looks similar to my split:
Chest/delts/tris
Back/bis/abs
Legs/calves
Repeat

Usually 5 days a week but sometimes 6. My gym is closed Sunday

What kind of style do you train? How often do you repeat the same workout?

I like the 6 day per week training because I really don't need to do cardio to stay lean (7%-8%) while still enjoying nice dinners and a few drinks on the weekend.

What kind of style do you train? How often do you repeat the same workout?

I like the 6 day per week training because I really don't need to do cardio to stay lean (7%-8%) while still enjoying nice dinners and a few drinks on the weekend.

high intensity, low volume...dc esque i guess you could say. each muscle gets hit every 3-5 days, usually same exact workout each time. dont see a need to change things too much as im sure you would agree.

yea im still getting my cardio in tho, 3-4 days a week on the damn stairmaster. that thing whips your ass! im not quite as lean as you lol so im trying to drop some bf at the moment :(

high intensity, low volume...dc esque i guess you could say. each muscle gets hit every 3-5 days, usually same exact workout each time. dont see a need to change things too much as im sure you would agree.

yea im still getting my cardio in tho, 3-4 days a week on the damn stairmaster. that thing whips your ass! im not quite as lean as you lol so im trying to drop some bf at the moment :(

My training is DC-esque as well, but I use some of the intensity techniques John Meadows has in his programs.

For most bodyparts I do one compound movement that is done with rest-pause but after the first rest-pause set I drop the weight down and do two rest-pauses at that weight and then drop it down again and do two more rest-pauses. Some exercises are an exception and I do something different. I then do a widowmaker with a drop set and partials for that bodypart and then go into fascia stretching.

There are times when I do other things, but that is predominantly how I approach my training.

I dread when i am going to have to do cardio again... but right now weight gain has been slow and steady

My training is DC-esque as well, but I use some of the intensity techniques John Meadows has in his programs.

For most bodyparts I do one compound movement that is done with rest-pause but after the first rest-pause set I drop the weight down and do two rest-pauses at that weight and then drop it down again and do two more rest-pauses. Some exercises are an exception and I do something different. I then do a widowmaker with a drop set and partials for that bodypart and then go into fascia stretching.

There are times when I do other things, but that is predominantly how I approach my training.

I dread when i am going to have to do cardio again... but right now weight gain has been slow and steady

looks solid man. you doing a show soon?

Mental that's an interesting approach.

I follow big beyond but the only thing I don't like is delts the day after chest feels a bit overkill.

Will you pick one exercise for each body part each day and do the same for several sets or will you pick a couple of exercises

Mon: Back, Biceps
Tue: Legs
Wed: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
Thur: Back, Biceps
Fri: Legs
Sat: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
Sun: Off

Its a bit of a mess at the moment, with university and sometimes I have to skip days... Ive got 2 assignments in (Monday and Tuesday!) and then nothing in until mid December so I can chill out for a bit and get back into the swing of training.

:)

looks solid man. you doing a show soon?

I haven't set any dates... I was going to start planning once I finish grad school in December. I'm thinking I'll hit the stage in the first half of the year and roll with it from there. I really need the stage experience so maybe bang out a few in a row.

Spending this year experimenting with training has taught me a lot about my body for sure and it also allowed me to get healthy....

I haven't set any dates... I was going to start planning once I finish grad school in December. I'm thinking I'll hit the stage in the first half of the year and roll with it from there. I really need the stage experience so maybe bang out a few in a row.

Spending this year experimenting with training has taught me a lot about my body for sure and it also allowed me to get healthy....

best of luck my man. glad to hear health is in check

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic