over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's your warmup routine?

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Obviously we want to warm up to prevent injury but not fatigue or waste time ie get in a whole physical therapy session before each workout

Me
5 min elliptical, use handles
2 sets of rotator cuff work with bands
15 reps of a pull ( lat pull down)
15 pushups elevating my ass at the top ( it's a pt thing to hit the cuff at the top)

1 warmup set per exercise

Obviously guys who do heavy bench and deads need quite a bit more but this works for me

After the workout quite a bit of static and dynamic stretching ( 15 to 20 minutes)
I do full body so want to stretch every bodypart

this might sound odd, but i prefer to work out, then stretch afterward for recovery purposes...

I do reps of 3-5 working up to my working sets. Sometimes I’ll stretch in between warmup sets but I always stretch for about 10minutes after.

I don't really warm up joints, etc. I'm sure I should. Although I do always make sure I do a press down movement first for triceps to warm up my elbows. I still have tendinitis, of course

My warm up is basically light sets of the exercise I intend to go. When I feel fibers start firing, I'll progress into a working set

I do have a routine I do for legs, though. I got it from Seth Feroce, sue me. Basically light set of leg extensions, a ham curl, then adductor/abductor. A few rounds of that gets your taint all nice and warm

I stretch in the parking lot while finishing my pre-workout drink.I have done this for years , it might be an ocd thing.

If I am hitting legs 3 warm up sets on the leg press- Start workout with 3 heavy sets leg press.

Chest,Biceps,Triceps, and Shoulders I get a good stretch with fly cables and the pullup bar (no pull ups)

Back 3 sets Lat pulldown and than I start my back workout with wide grip pullups (unassisted)

I tried warming up with 3 sets of very light squats followed by 4 heavy sets of squats but if I start my Leg day with squats I am burnt out.I save squats for last exercise,I lose some strength on my squat lifts but I found if i start with squats the rest of my workout suffers.

i always walk for 15-20 mins at a good pace to get my heart rate up and body moving. you would go try to do a sport or real athletic activity cold, somehow this is missed in the gym.

ab work which now includes some twisting stuff. usually 2 x week.
then full rom with the bar i was using for above work big circles and alternating. then dc sorta broom stretch 20 reps half or more taken into stif leg dl for rom on hams and back.

depending on what im training that day i might do a cpl warm up sets with tiny bbs to warm up more. like rows for example but really stretching and flexing the back.

first exercises get more warm ups then later.

im sweating and 30 mins in before i hit any sort of real work.

I walk slow on the treadmill for about 10 mins. Then I head over to tbe weights and start fairly light. I just progress on how I feel.

So dependant on bodypart.

For legs I honestly hit all isolation stuff first, just to get everything warm. I cannot just hop into Hacks.
I do adbuctor, adductor, leg curl, leg extension....all that. Multiple warm up sets than 1-2 hard all-out working sets before i do ANY compound movements.

All exercises though I just slowly get the blood flowing with a couple feeder sets though. Nothing to take away from my top set. But i want to feel the blood pump before I really go to failture.

The ONE warmup exercise i do for ANYTHING upper body is that famous Dante over and back exercise though.
Dante initially explained it with a broomstick, but i use a band. Just go over and back for sets of 5-10.
It reallllly warms up the shoulder girdle, so ANY pressing and/or pulling. Its a must have. Honestly, my upper body mobility has gone to shiiit with shoulder surgeries and this has been a life saver. LOTS of this and band pull apart.

So dependant on bodypart.

For legs I honestly hit all isolation stuff first, just to get everything warm. I cannot just hop into Hacks.
I do adbuctor, adductor, leg curl, leg extension....all that. Multiple warm up sets than 1-2 hard all-out working sets before i do ANY compound movements.

All exercises though I just slowly get the blood flowing with a couple feeder sets though. Nothing to take away from my top set. But i want to feel the blood pump before I really go to failture.

The ONE warmup exercise i do for ANYTHING upper body is that famous Dante over and back exercise though.
Dante initially explained it with a broomstick, but i use a band. Just go over and back for sets of 5-10.
It reallllly warms up the shoulder girdle, so ANY pressing and/or pulling. Its a must have. Honestly, my upper body mobility has gone to shiiit with shoulder surgeries and this has been a life saver. LOTS of this and band pull apart.
THIS, the over and back with a band. Warms up my entire upper body. I also do all isolation work before compound on legs. If not it takes 3 exercises before I can push hard. Old knees.

First thing I do when I get to the gym is head over to the stretching area... And smash someone's phone.

Usually 2 warm up sets before, 3 working sets. I train differently at my home gym,(lack of machines). I used to just do 10min cardio and hit it, but now I do two sets around 65/70%.
Max

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127