over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

When do you consider yourself "Fasted"

juicin im not sure , ive never tried it. Sounds like a shot in the dark in my oppinion just a way to over complicate things.

5:00am , meal 1 - 10 egg whites and 4 whole eggs
5:30am BG was 94
6:30am BG was 96
7:45am BG was 96
8:00am , meal 2 - 10oz chicken breast , 2 cups green beans with 1 tablespoon olive oil mayo 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
8:30am BG was 98

so apparently my normal BG runs about mid 90's when i don't eat any carbs and it would appear that my fasted BG is low 80's

Im gonna track it throughout the day and like mentioned earlier skip the late night casine to see if the morning "fasted" number is lower

The ADA and most endocrinologists consider 4 hours fasting as far as blood glucose is concerned.

1 hour post under 180
2 hours post under 130
4 hours post=fasting: which should be under 100(used to be 110)

But as others have stated gastric emptying is much longer.

OK , last meal last night was at 7:00 PM 60oz chicken and 6oz lean ground beef mixed in a spinach salad (bout 3 cups spinach)

4:30am BG 79
5:15am BG 89 , 30 min after eating 10 eggwhites 4 whole eggs and 1 tablespoon peanut butter on a rice cake
6:15am BG 94.

so my blood glucose is only 4-5 points lower after being truely fasted. I'm sure this is the type thing that should be tracked for several days to get an honest reliable baseline but these fukin test strips are expensive as shit :eek:

I think im going to go back to having the late nigh protein just use Whey or eggwhite protein instead so its diegest a little faster

OK , last meal last night was at 7:00 PM 60oz chicken and 6oz lean ground beef mixed in a spinach salad (bout 3 cups spinach)

4:30am BG 79
5:15am BG 89 , 30 min after eating 10 eggwhites 4 whole eggs and 1 tablespoon peanut butter on a rice cake
6:15am BG 94.

so my blood glucose is only 4-5 points lower after being truely fasted. I'm sure this is the type thing that should be tracked for several days to get an honest reliable baseline but these fukin test strips are expensive as shit :eek:

I think im going to go back to having the late nigh protein just use Whey or eggwhite protein instead so its diegest a little faster

You are looking at it backwards Gunsmith. 79 is a very, very good fasted bg. Don't think of it as an only 4-5 point different. Look at it as you have a good fasted bg and you get back to it fast.

You are looking at it backwards Gunsmith. 79 is a very, very good fasted bg. Don't think of it as an only 4-5 point different. Look at it as you have a good fasted bg and you get back to it fast.

Yea i guess your right , im not getting any carbs in other than whats in natural almond butter and the ricecake i ate , other than that its all veggies and meat.
I may run the same test agin this weekend when i have some carb meals for breakfast and see what happens , planning on having some carbs saturday and sunday am , maybe saturday i'll check then sunday i'll check again with taking glucophage and see what happens

just a question...
i'm really stupid when it comes to this stuff... but, if no exogenous insulin is introduced... doesn't BG automatically regulate by itself and is only a couple of points up and down from baseline depending on the situation you're in?

in ramadhan around here, we have to fast for a good 14 hours or so... and this is from the call of dusk prayer until the call for dawn prayer... dusk prayer is usually at 3:30 am or so, and dawn is 6 pm... most people eat their last meal at 1 am and break their fast at 6 pm... so that's 17 hours of fasting... i've never heard of anyone suffer from "low blood sugar" signs or any of the stuff "we bodybuilders" suffer if we stay more than 5 hours without a meal unless they have diabetes.

and just an FYI... a lot of people i know do some intense cardio right before the call for dawn prayer without any problems...

and for those who don't know... fasting means not even drinking a drop of water or even smoke a cigarette.

buselmo , i think you are correct even after days of starving i think that the body will keep its blood glucose regulated by breaking down somthing to convert it.
Thats not saying at some point that their won't be a little drop in it but doubtfully to the point that it would cause anything more than the shakes or somthing and that should pass.

I worked a shift once that was supposed to be 6-8hrs max and ended up being a full 24hrs and i had not packed enough food for that long after 6-8hrs i had a headache and very irritable and that passed then was fine the rest of the shift. Granted i wasent doing anything but laying behind a rifle only taking breaks to situp and roll over so i wasent expending any energy at all

buselmo , i think you are correct even after days of starving i think that the body will keep its blood glucose regulated by breaking down somthing to convert it.
Thats not saying at some point that their won't be a little drop in it but doubtfully to the point that it would cause anything more than the shakes or somthing and that should pass.

I worked a shift once that was supposed to be 6-8hrs max and ended up being a full 24hrs and i had not packed enough food for that long after 6-8hrs i had a headache and very irritable and that passed then was fine the rest of the shift. Granted i wasent doing anything but laying behind a rifle only taking breaks to situp and roll over so i wasent expending any energy at all

I know what you mean. i used to work operations a couple of years back and i'd be in the field from 6 am... supposed to end at 6 pm, and i can't leave until the guy handling my shift comes... and sometimes they don't show up til 1 am... and i was also obsessed with the "eat every 2-3 hours" at that time... what made me irritable those days and have a headache and be "on edge" was the thought of losing muscle, having to eat or something will happen, fucking up my schedule... etc. it was all mental and nothing physical. i discovered this years later when i took shit easy. these days, i can spend 12 hours without a bite and i'd be just fine. not even irritated at the least since i don't think about this shit anymore.

but to be honest, i have never ever experienced this drop of bg physically unless i used insulin.

Saturday i ate my first carb meal after 7 days Palumbo style diet

4:45am , BG 79
5:00am , 3 pancakes with 30ml maple syrup totaling 70g carbs (30g sugar)
5:30am BG 121

7:00am BG 119
7:30am , 1.5 cups oatmeal with 30ml syrup , bout 100g carbs (20g sugar)
8:00am , BG 129
8:30am , BG 128

10:30am , BG 117
11:00am , 9oz chicken breast , 8oz brown rice , bout 50g carbs
11:30am , BG 121
12:00pm, BG 122

no more carbs after this just chicken breast and greens , no added fats
9:00pm , BG 104

Sunday i did the exact same thing only took 500mg Glucophage 30 min before carb meal.

4:45am , BG 82
5:00am , 3 pancakes with 30ml maple syrup totaling 70g carbs (30g sugar)
5:30am BG 94

7:00am BG 92
7:30am , 1.5 cups oatmeal with 30ml syrup , bout 100g carbs (20g sugar)
8:00am , BG 94
8:30am , BG 95

10:30am , BG 93
11:00am , 9oz chicken breast , 8oz brown rice , bout 50g carbs
11:30am , BG 95
12:00pm, BG 95

no more carbs after 11:00 meal just chicken breast and greens , no added fat either

4:00pm , BG 88
Started BigA's protocal to get into ketosis quickly at 2:00pm via 3iu Humalin-R

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear