over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

when should i worry? infected?

Dubs

Registered
I pinned my left delt with 1 ml of test cyp that i have been using for the past 5 weeks. i was completely sterile, slow injection, right site, everything.

day after injection - soreness as normal
day 2 - soreness is nearly gone

on the third day, yesterday, the soreness comes back slightly. it doesnt limit my range of motion, and im set to train chest/shoulders/tris today (the fourth day), i dont anticipate any problems.. it really only hurts if i press directly on it, and pretty hard.

so today is the fourth day, and it feels a little hotter than my other delt, i dont really see any swelling, and not much redness. i definitely dont have a fever.

so let me recap, 4 days after injection, i have not much pain, slight redness, and a bit of heat on my left delt, no fever.

for it to be an infection, would it not have to be painful, hot, and really red/swollen? i'm just wondering what you guys think, because im pretty paranoid LOL...

thanks in advance for the help guys :)

How deep was your injection? Are you talking something like ibuprofen?

an inch.

23 g 1 inch pin. ive pinned my other delt with no problems.

and no, im not taking any painkillers/nsaids. lol.. dont see a point, no inflammation that i can see, and not much pain.

im going to train chest/shoulders/tris soon today, and i will give an update as to whether or not my ROM was restricted by pain.

Last edited:
doesn't sound like an abscess yet... you are doing the right thing by watching it closely... go ahead and get you some antibiotics on hand just in case...

If it isn't red, swollen and fevered it will probably be ok... if it gets worse start the antibiotics or go see your GP...

probably it pooled and crystalized. no fever and no redness/heat, u should be fine

so i managed to train chest/shoulders/tris, with no pain or limited ROM.
honestly, my delt doesnt feel bad its just a tiny bit sore. im just really paranoid haha. when people say "redness and swelling" are we talking REALLY noticeable redness? like bright red?

like i said, doesnt feel bad. only a little warm, but no overall fever.

I agree that it probably crystallized. I've had an infection before and you will KNOW for sure. It will swell like crazy very quickly! Last thanksgiving I loaded up on my shots since I was going out of town for the but my dumbass was in a hurry and assumed the stopper was sterile and didn't swab it. Then I proceeded to inject both shoulder and glutes with a mix of deca and test E. My ass cheeks and shoulders swole up like crazy. You could see it through my jeans lol! That was within a 24hr period. So I knew immediately that I had fucked up so I had my girlfriend have her doctor call in a script for an antibiotic to a local walgreens. It took a few days to clear up.... god it sucked but funny as hell looking back. So my point in that whole long story is infections strike quick in my experience. I'm the most sterile injector ever after that mistake!

Dubs: Don't sweat it bro. You'll know when to worry and if it's not too late you may be able to save that leg of yours... if not please consult the writings of Charles Darwin for some interesting insights as to why things played out like this for you... and why other people would have seeked out medical attention sooner and hence would still be walking around on two legs. I'm just sure that helps...

I could offer more tangible advice... but...

Dubs: Don't sweat it bro. You'll know when to worry and if it's not too late you may be able to save that leg of yours... if not please consult the writings of Charles Darwin for some interesting insights as to why things played out like this for you... and why other people would have seeked out medical attention sooner and hence would still be walking around on two legs. I'm just sure that helps...

I could offer more tangible advice... but...

you obviously didnt read my post. it was my delt LOL.
but i get what you're saying.

pain is gone today, very little heat, and still no fever.
thanks for the replies guys. :)

pain is gone today, very little heat, and still no fever.
thanks for the replies guys. :)

in the future try taking some ibuprofen if you feel you may have an infection coming on...and an antibiotic if it continues to get worse. The ibuprofen or any other anti-inflammatory isnt going to "cure" an infection but the point is to reduce the inflamation in the area where there could possibly be an infection setting in. By reducing the inflamation it will greatly reduce your chances of getting an infection or keeping it from getting worse. Oh and it also reduces the pain obviously.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws