over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

When taking two weeks off...

AlphaMaleDawg

Banned
My body is completely burnt out, I haven't really taken any breaks in 10 years besides a forced week off once a year or so. I think I am going to take two weeks off of not training (still may do cardio sometimes).

When you guys take small breaks, do you stay on the gear you are on to maintain muscle mass, before coming off/cruising? or do you immediately start your cruise/off period during the two weeks off?

Right now I'm leaning towards staying what I am on and then I'll immediately go to a cruise dose when I get back in the gym.

My body is completely burnt out, I haven't really taken any breaks in 10 years besides a forced week off once a year or so. I think I am going to take two weeks off of not training (still may do cardio sometimes).

When you guys take small breaks, do you stay on the gear you are on to maintain muscle mass, before coming off/cruising? or do you immediately start your cruise/off period during the two weeks off?

Right now I'm leaning towards staying what I am on and then I'll immediately go to a cruise dose when I get back in the gym.

Seems like a waste to stay on a blast and not even lift. I feel like your over thinking your 2 week layoff. Thats not a lot of time. What esters are you running? Your levels aren't just going to fall out next day unless your just on prop or ace. Even then, your body isn't going to change much.Your going to a cruise dose. I come off completely and do a PCT. I don't notice any weight drop usually until my 2nd week of PCT.Thats usually 4 weeks after my last pin.

Seems like a waste to stay on a blast and not even lift. I feel like your over thinking your 2 week layoff. Thats not a lot of time. What esters are you running? Your levels aren't just going to fall out next day unless your just on prop or ace. Even then, your body isn't going to change much.Your going to a cruise dose. I come off completely and do a PCT. I don't notice any weight drop usually until my 2nd week of PCT.Thats usually 4 weeks after my last pin.

210mg prop and 490mg tren ace...and 5iu gh ed

I don't use long esters on blasts.

In untrained, negative effects don't really start to happen until week 4+.

Even still, that's neurological detraining, not even atrophy (6-8 weeks).

This is for people who AREN'T on gear. Keep up on your nutrition and enjoy the supercompensation of some time off!

I would come off the tren and keep the test and gh the same

Two weeks is such a short period. I would take the time off from gear as well. Give your body a good rest! I bet you'll be stronger and possibly bigger after the two week rest!! Enjoy the break!!

I agree, drop the tren and run a low dose of the prop and Id even lower of drop the GH just to give your pit a break from it. I know its tough mentally, but if diets kept in check you should be fine.

Im kind of doing the same thing. November or December is when I plan to start my full offseason training and dieting. I just did 3 shows in the last 8 months and been training hard non stop the last 18 months and running gear/GH that time. Ive been taping down the last few weeks on an esterless mix of test/tren/DHB so when I come completely off end of the month here timing pct will be simple.

Training wise I been doing more cardio and fast in and out workouts since the last comp 3 weeks ago. I feel good, fighting the rebound still tho. I plan to take either the entire month of Sept or Oct from the gym and just do cardio, might do legs once a week just so that when I do get back in the swing of things they arent so sore when I do.

Nothing wrong with taking time off. I take at least one month off every year. Your body needs it. I would just stay on the test/HGH, drop the tren. And when you start back up, add the tren back in.

Yep, a little test and drop the tren. If I know you, one week will be plenty of rest time.

I dont think two weeks of dropping or keeping the gear at same level matter significantly. but I'd personally drop everything for as long as you can up to two weeks.

I think not training at all will help you the most. don't even do cardio. IMO this will help u the most. sleep late everyday if you can also, past 9am

I'm in the same boat bro. About 3 weeks into my cruise time before blasting again and messed up my back pretty bad at the water park. Now i haven't been able to train going on two weeks now and mentally it's a mind fuck that's for sure! Had 2 deep tissue massages and chiro visits during this 2 weeks to just help recover the back injury and anything else and just want to make sure i'm fully recovered before hitting the gym again.

I have been keeping true to my diet and if anything dropped my carbs sufficiently since i have a desk job and only cardio is done in the bedroom at the moment. Stepped on the scale today to see i'm only down 3lbs from the last day of my blast cycle and when i had much more carbs in my diet so physically i'm doing just fine. Mentally though, WANT TO LIFT!!! Learned over the years though you gotta listen to your body, it speaks for a reason. Wish you the best bro.

i have found for me.....that taking a month or so off a year helps me tremendously. when i do.....i keep my dosages the same as my blast and then when i get back to the gym i start on my cruise dose. this seems to work very well for me. keeps my lean gains (albeit a tad fluffy looking by the 4rth week) and then when i get back to the gym my body is shocked and responds very well to getting back to the routine with less gear.

I am in the same exact situation as you. I consulted with a lot of people yesterday about this actually.

In 8 years I haven't taken any time off really. I am going to take 1 month off from lifting and eating. I am going to just live normal eat when I want or when I feel like it. I am going to come off all gear for 3 months.

Losing any size or whatever does not scare me. I know exactly what I need to take and eat to get big. I think this is going to help me in the long run. Once I incorporate my drugs back into my routine I will go through a 8-12 week growth phase then begin a contest prep.

Good responses. Suddenly I feel like I am just being overly anal and shouldn't really worry much since odds are I won't lose anything. The only key is that I can't mess up my diet at all since I don't want to gain any fat

Last edited:
Two weeks is such a short period. I would take the time off from gear as well. Give your body a good rest! I bet you'll be stronger and possibly bigger after the two week rest!! Enjoy the break!!

Sage advice. Drop the gear.

ya bro you are over thinking it. its only two weeks. That is the perfect amount of time tho for your body to rest and recover and when you go back into the gym you will be surprised because you will be stronger from the rest. Like someone else said dont even do cardio just rest bro.

I'm in the midst of two weeks off due to joint pain and a general need for a break.

I timed it with the introduction of deca to my system, and doubling of test, the thought being that deca will need a couple of weeks to begin working anyway. The two week simmering period will give my aches the rest they need and allow the deca to come up to speed.

Just my two cents, I don't know if it's good science or not. Given that things tend to not have an immediate effect, it makes sense to me.

When i seperated my ac cc and slight tear in sc i was off a week prior hurt in desert and about week 5 was when everything started to go to shit i dropped like 10lbs in one week also had no hunger and i stayed on test and alittle deca nothing high didnt workout for a total of like 7 weeks except pt and light legs cardio to promote healing but id def go on a cruise if you take some weeks off no need to harm the body.

I'm in the midst of two weeks off due to joint pain and a general need for a break.

I timed it with the introduction of deca to my system, and doubling of test, the thought being that deca will need a couple of weeks to begin working anyway. The two week simmering period will give my aches the rest they need and allow the deca to come up to speed.

Just my two cents, I don't know if it's good science or not. Given that things tend to not have an immediate effect, it makes sense to me.

Opposite situation from me but I think that's a great idea. Get the gear in the system once you take time off so it's fully working in it's stride once you get back into it

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear