over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

When to start DC training?

GoneForever

Banned
Should u only start dc for the 1st time when bulking? You see, my lifestyle of sleeping till noon and going to bed at 3am and living off loans is about to change next week. I'll be working 8am-5pm M-F for now on :( So my training is gonna take a toll. I usually hit 5days per week 1bodypart per day, but now im thinking the 4x per week dc method (mon,wed,sat,sun) will fit my schedule much better. Problem is, im semi-dieting now(not contest) but still dieting/maintaining. Is now the wrong time to try dc?

its never too late to start DC, the methods that are best at preserving mass are the ones that build them the best and DC is one of the best at building mass. Justin Harris who trains DC part of the year used it when gettin ready for the USA's, when u get to a real contest level bf percentage then things might have to change as far as intensity via rest pause

Fourthgen

Do not choose the 3 way split M/T/T/F only because it fits your schedule. You will probably do much better with the 2 way split M/W/F plus it gives you an extra day of rest from training, so you can adapt better to your new work schedule, and allow your body to recuperate better.

Reading as much as possible on the subject and now training this way, I know that the 3 way is for the way advanced, those with lagging bodyparts, genetic freaks etc.

I think you will keep and gain more mass M/W/F try it this way first. Its designed for a reason and that is to put the most amount of strength and size on you in the shortest amount of time. I have been training for years as you know, and I can tell that if you do DC in its truest form with all out intensity, your going to be sore brother, real good pain, and will get the most out of this program the more days off you have to rest. Go for the M/W/F, trust me.;)

Never too late to start DC, I agree. But also, there is a time that is too soon to DC. Depending on your experience, years of lifting, knowledge of your body, mind muscle connection. And yes if you decide to venture out, DO NOT do the three way spilt. Stick to the two way, M/W/F spit. It will put muscle on you fast and great. But research, research and research alot, several weeks, months before you try it. Read Dante's thoughts and people journals...

I agree with Baldnazi. Stick with 2 way and you will be sore if the intensity is there. Do yourself a favor if you havent already and get the dvd. Also read all his post at The Dogg Pound on intense muscle.

maybe a stupid question

but where can i get his DVD?

Thanks BN and guys. I guess I only wanted to do the 3way split b/c I just think i'll go crazy only training 3days per week. I'll feel like im wasting everything, so I thought 4 would be better for me. I'll try the 3 at first though like you all say.

SO I got a ?, what the hell do you guys do the other 4days per week without the gym? I presume these days I could take advantage of cardio and intake a super low amount of carbs and up my fat and protien and I could do my refeeds on the 3days I train. Sound good?

On the days you don't train? well, cardio the first thing in the morning on an empty stomach like DC recommends and oh yeah, rest and recover from the ass kicking workouts you are subjecting your self to. It feels very odd the first time you step in and do the routine. But after a few weeks of killing the log book and beating your numbers and you start seeing results, you will think, damn it, how did I miss this for so long. A truely awesome way of powerbuilding...

results for me came quickly when i tired it but i was also switching from a higher volume routine which i feel makes DC more effective

on rest days i think u have it right, carb uptake from the muscle damage u create doing DC will makes it harder to store carbs, but healthy fats do wonders for the inflamation u will create

SO I got a ?, what the hell do you guys do the other 4days per week without the gym? I presume these days I could take advantage of cardio and intake a super low amount of carbs and up my fat and protien and I could do my refeeds on the 3days I train. Sound good?

Haha you say that now but then you get a couple weeks deep and start to own your logbook and you will wish you had another day or two off....lol..

The diet I think looks pretty solid......If it works for you and your body by all means I say do it...I follow a somewhat similar meal plan in the offseason as well.....

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear