over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

When to take t3?

thewizkid

Registered
There's a lot of conflicting information on the t3 half life and blood levels that I have been looking at for a long time.
I have given up my own search to figure out t3 and thought i'd ask if anyone has information or knowledge on this

1) When is it the best time to take t3 in terms of empty stomach, before/after working out, etc.

- I have been told absorption is best on the empty stomach
- However I was also told taking after a meal gives it a ' longer half-life' effect

2) What dosage split is the best for t3? am/pm, is there any benefit to splitting up doses even more i.e., every 6 hours?

- I have seen a graph with t3 levels peaking at 2-3 hours and declining significantly by 6 hours, however it then gradually declines from 6 hours to 12hours reaching half t3 levels

I did t3 for the first time last summer. I spit my dosage in 3. Morning before cardio at 4am, with my meal 2 at around 9am and with meal 5 at 6pm. I've been told to do it this way, not sure if is the best tho.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Professional Muscle mobile app

I always take it first thing in the morning before eating

There are a bunch of things that bind to T3 so empty stomach is best... Calcium, fiber, iron etc.

I did t3 for the first time last summer. I spit my dosage in 3. Morning before cardio at 4am, with my meal 2 at around 9am and with meal 5 at 6pm. I've been told to do it this way, not sure if is the best tho.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Professional Muscle mobile app

I was told by very high coaches, well Milos Sarcev and others, I might as well name since I am not releasing any specific protocals or diets (the number one best coach i've ever hired hands down by the way). Had to take it am (waking) and 12 hours later on empty stomachs.

This makes the most sense to me, the booklet that comes with cytomel says it has a 12 hour half-life, that would mean this is the most efficient way to use it.

What has me wondering is just how everyone uses t3 at a different rate and that one chart with t3 levels dropping significantly after 6 hours.

Last edited:
There are a bunch of things that bind to T3 so empty stomach is best... Calcium, fiber, iron etc.

nope, thats for t4.
it says so on every t4 prescription, this does NOT hold true for t3 though.

with t3 it doesnt matter at all. i always take mine first thing in the morning though.

t3 half life in vivo is ~36 hours or so... the absorption rate is much faster, meaning peak numbers are achieved within 3-4 hours (as the OP said in his post), however the actual half life is much longer.

Last edited:
nope, thats for t4.
it says so on every t4 prescription, this does NOT hold true for t3 though.

with t3 it doesnt matter at all. i always take mine first thing in the morning though.

t3 half life in vivo is ~36 hours or so... the absorption rate is much faster, meaning peak numbers are achieved within 3-4 hours (as the OP said in his post), however the actual half life is much longer.

would the bigger elevation be better? here is the graph i am talking about, as you can see after 4 hours the decline is quite significant then it holds the t3 level at a steady decline until 12h

US20040152783A1-20040805-D00001.png

i dont think its beneficial or whatever
i just noticed that if i take dosages of 75mcg or more all at once then i get really hot and sweaty for quite a while around 1-2 hours later
so for higher dosages youd probably want to avoid that spike
if you take 50mcg or less then its no problem

some one says t3 is best taken first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, that is a myth
Above 50mcg, you spilt the dose. 50mcg and below you can take in the morning

Don't think it matters. I've run it pretty high and taking it all at once or splitting it up or taking it morning or afternoon or whatever I see no difference. I do take it all in the morning just for convenience sake generally. I will say taking t3 too high flattens me the hell out and makes me weak as shit but that's another topic of discussion lol each person needs to find that point of diminishing returns same as any other bbing drug.

My doctor has me take 12.5mcg @

4am / noon / 6 pm. All fasted before a meal and I wait about 15 minutes to eat.

My doctor has me take 12.5mcg @

4am / noon / 6 pm. All fasted before a meal and I wait about 15 minutes to eat.

damn with all that trouble you might as well toss in some mod grf and ghrp 2 at the same time if you've ever consider running those gh peptides.

damn with all that trouble you might as well toss in some mod grf and ghrp 2 at the same time if you've ever consider running those gh peptides.

that'd be expensive, might as well just buy gh or lease a car at that point

If your thyroid gland is functionally properly, then never.

Does never work for you?

yeah and while were at it already...
dont use steroids if your natural test level is fine :rolleyes:

geez, this is a bodybuilding forum. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner