advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

When your local gym opens...will you go?

Reload

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
When these social distancing orders relax in certain states, will you rush back to train at your local gym? If yes what type of precautions will you take? Wear a mask, carry hand sanitizer and wipe down after each exercise? Just curious what measures people are willing to take to get their workouts in and yet protect themselves/family members/friends from catching "something" at the gym that you then may expose others to.

I'm thinking Nike and Under Armour will start making full coverage HazMat suits to wear to the gym. As paranoid as most will be when the gyms open again.....it could be a big money maker.....;)

absolutely

so far its been fun training with weights ive had in my shred, buying some new equipment with a friend i started training with in 2001

outside training

I'll be joining mi40 in Tampa, much less ppl than the current gyms I go to. So.... it feels safer? Along with the absolute best of everything..curated/picked equipment vs buying all the same brand.

Of course. I swim for 90% of my cardio and can’t wait to get back in the water.

Reactions: No1
I'll be right back in there exactly like before anything happened , looking like May 1 might be the days unless our pussy ass governor pushes it back again.

This is going to sound weird, but as long as my wife says ok haha! It is somewhat of a risk and I want to have her ok. I stopped going before the govt closed the gyms in my state because she asked. Since it in a way effects our family she should be involved in the decision. She is involved in my gear purchase decisions.

I'll be joining mi40 in Tampa, much less ppl than the current gyms I go to. So.... it feels safer? Along with the absolute best of everything..curated/picked equipment vs buying all the same brand.
Thats Bens gym right? How much does it cost?

So this post is a perfect example of the misinformation campaign surrounding the virus. The idea that you can avoid getting infected is completely false. The purpose of all these precautions has nothing to do YOU, it has to do with medical facilities and their ability to handle the number of infected at any given moment. YOU are going to be exposed for sure eventually.

This is true of every virus. Straight from the mouth of a pathologist: One of the biggest misconceptions about the flu is that you can avoid getting infected. When a flu virus is going around, everyone is exposed, everyone gets the virus, some people get sick or don't get sick depending on their immune response. It's completely airborne so avoiding it is effectively impossible. This is the same for covid-19.

I'll be at the gym as soon as it opens.

I won't be doing anything differently from before this time. My personal rules have always been:
  • If I sweat / sneeze / get spit on something, I sanitize it
  • I don't interact with others because the gym is my slice of the day to be alone
  • The last thing I do before leaving the gym is use the restroom and wash my hands
If the gym requires masks to be worn then I'll wear one, if they don't then I won't.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131