over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Where do all the bodybuilder's hide?

Theres one little boy thats not scared...
Hes the smallest kid...

My side yard is fenced in....if a ball or something
Goes in....they make this little boy come knock
On the door....its pretty funny...you can watch
Them all negotiating with him....he comes and
Knocks and says "can you take the dogs in so i get
My ball in your yard"....

So i let him pick a soda from the garage....so he
Brag to the other kids...now when he sees me
Outside he brings me his scooter to tighten up
The handle bars...and gets a pop...

Good kid

So you do have a soft side!

So i let him pick a soda from the garage....so he
Brag to the other kids...now when he sees me
Outside he brings me his scooter to tighten up
The handle bars...and gets a pop...

Good kid

do you wear a trench coat and hang out at parks? :eek:

Once in awhile when I travel i will see an obvious competitor at an airport. The size of 2 people, shredded and veiny through their shirts. It's happened a few times and I had no idea who they were cause I don't follow the sport other then names everyone would know.

Funniest thing was a few years back I'm watching the Yankees vs Toronto and seated in a box behind home plate was an enormous motherfucker taking up two seats lol. They do a closeup with some funny comments like "look at this guy" or whatever and it's Markus Ruhl haha. Must have been doing a show up there or something. Insane how big these guys are when you see them amongst regular people.

You know you're big when little kids flex their biceps and smile when they see you :cool:

I find it interesting for guys to move around under cover of darkness or incognito to remove themselves from any finger pointing.
Sounds like we need a nature documentary team to 'hunt for the elusive Tenny'.....this mythical creature that lures people into his lair with pop....[emoji33]

I find it interesting for guys to move around under cover of darkness or incognito to remove themselves from any finger pointing.
Sounds like we need a nature documentary team to 'hunt for the elusive Tenny'.....this mythical creature that lures people into his lair with pop....[emoji33]

the thing is.....I work with people....800 people....and it is no big deal..
they are use to it....

work is really the only place I feel normal....because they all accept me...

I give respect, (that they don't expect)....and I get it in return....

its out in public where people are just fucking DISRESPECTFUL.....
just recently, out at a large chain store.....I was standing in line and a woman
came up to me....flipped her phone out, and took a selfie with me before I
even knew WTF was going on....then she looked at me and said.."im sorry
honey....I had to"....

little did she know my amazon wifey (6' 170lbs) was in another line and
never saw it....lolol...trust me....this would have been a VERY bad day
for EVERBODY if she would have seen that....I told her what happen
later and she just looked at me for a sec.....and smiled a devilish grin....
she probably would have been locked up that day....

:cool:

I do find in the work place and socially I get a good level of respect, from people I may not know, which I would absolutely put down to having a stronger/bigger appearance to the norm, but I'm absolutely no monster. If you're in a leadership role this also has significant benefits that you can use to your advantage.

I was talking to a powerlifting friend (national uk champion) whom I haven't seen for many years, he is now doing very well (director) in his workplace also. We spoke about training and goal setting in the gym as being good grounding for the work career, and taking a lot of learnings out of the gym and into real life. I definitely believe this.
I will get my son in the gym as soon as I can to teach him values of goal setting/strength benefits as a foundation to take him into later life

I cant speak for anybody else......but
I hate going out....ive hated for sometime now...
I used to like-not mind the attention....now it just
Pisses me off pretty badly....

I stay completely covered if i need to go out....
I go out late.late at night to grocery stores....
And im not even huge....i cant imagine being these
Top pros in offseason size going out to do shit...

My life. It's 5am and I just got back from the gym and getting groceries to avoid having to be around people.

Now that I think of it...I do not see as many bodybuilder type physiques as I did 20 years ago. Even in the gym. Strange times we live in. Everyone has a hipster beard and tattoos.

My life. It's 5am and I just got back from the gym and getting groceries to avoid having to be around people.

So you are ashamed/feel out of place or just cant be arsed with the hassle of explaining yourself to strangers?

I live in a town of 50,000 people and besides a hand full that I know juice at a couple gyms I have training at their are no large guys. I'm 6'4 235 and most think I'm big. It does help at work I moved up quickly into leadership and I know my size helped. I also work my ass of to move up.

I get the hiding, it would annoy the shit out of me as well eventually I'm a pretty simple private person.

But let me interject something else into this...

Lately in the past 10 years or so the fad has gone from trying to be big and strong to just being skinny. Like a little bitch soccer body is preferred to a lifters body. Last summer I was a lot bigger than I am this summer and my girl says she prefers my look this summer which is leaner but not nearly as much muscle and she's not some dumb girly girl.

I think skinny guys like that look like walking corpses but hey that's just me....

seems like most bodybuilders avoid ppl and are anti social ?

So you are ashamed/feel out of place or just cant be arsed with the hassle of explaining yourself to strangers?

Why jump to that conclusion? Maybe he works an off shift, or wants the gym to himself. You can get a lot of mental clarity, and shit done when not dealing/competing with the masses.

Here is a theory I have.

People into bodybuilding have always wanted to stand apart from the "average" physique of the day.

In years past, the entire US population was much thinner and leaner. So, to stand apart from a crowd, it was good to "bulk up" and look large and strong.
Being something like 220lbs meant you'd be much larger than the average adult male in public.

In today's times, the entire US population is much heavier and fatter. All you have to do is walk around an average Walmart, and you will find 30 people who are 240lbs+.

So how do you stand out amongst a population where everyone is large, fat, and soft? You either go to an extreme, and become a 290lb monster, or you become a lean/chiseled physique.

Being lean and chiseled helps you stand out today, where everyone is fat.

Now that I think of it...I do not see as many bodybuilder type physiques as I did 20 years ago. Even in the gym. Strange times we live in. Everyone has a hipster beard and tattoos.

Hah do you happen to live in Austin?

Why jump to that conclusion? Maybe he works an off shift, or wants the gym to himself. You can get a lot of mental clarity, and shit done when not dealing/competing with the masses.

Not really, just he said he wanted to avoid people, which is a conscious decision to go out of his way to not see/interact with people

Here is a theory I have.

People into bodybuilding have always wanted to stand apart from the "average" physique of the day.

In years past, the entire US population was much thinner and leaner. So, to stand apart from a crowd, it was good to "bulk up" and look large and strong.

Being something like 220lbs meant you'd be much larger than the average adult male in public.

In today's times, the entire US population is much heavier and fatter. All you have to do is walk around an average Walmart, and you will find 30 people who are 240lbs+.

So how do you stand out amongst a population where everyone is large, fat, and soft? You either go to an extreme, and become a 290lb monster, or you become a lean/chiseled physique.

Being lean and chiseled helps you stand out today, where everyone is fat.

I agree to some point. It's almost an oxymoron, the outwardly big strong guy feels more comfortable covered up, whilst the smaller streamlined guy wants to show himself off.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear