over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Where do you get your Anger?

PyrofighterLA

Registered
So I've been in a funk lately. Just hitting the gym, still gaining but I haven't had that fire in a bit. Yesterday I got some shitty news before I left to go the gym and I got to the gym and channeled all that energy and I blew up on Chest/Bi day. This should keep me going for a little while.

What do you think about to get yourself in the mood or pissed or whatever it is to get you to lift?

So I've been in a funk lately. Just hitting the gym, still gaining but I haven't had that fire in a bit. Yesterday I got some shitty news before I left to go the gym and I got to the gym and channeled all that energy and I blew up on Chest/Bi day. This should keep me going for a little while.

What do you think about to get yourself in the mood or pissed or whatever it is to get you to lift?

when i leave my house to go to the dungeon i look up and pray then i think about how many thousands of people are out there pursuing the same dream as me, then i tell my self this famous quote and i remember it before each set " if you had, one shot, or one oppurtunity, to seize everything you ever wanted, in one moment, would you capture it, or just let it slip!... just when you think your trainin hard theres someone else out there trainin harder theres someone else out there that wants it more... I also think of how my father abandon me, i think about christ dying on the cross for me, and i think about all those times when people kept telling me im going down a dead end road with bodybuilding, i think about all the pain and suffering my mom has gone through and just one thing that would make her soooo happy would be to see me as mr.olympia... I think about all the hard years of toil ive spent chasin this dream and i think about regrets.. if i dont get to more reps ill regret it later cause it could be the difference in me being second or first!
Your mind is where it all begins, fuck the steroids, fuck the hormones, the most powerful part about you is your mind.. if you can zero in on what you have to prove to the world and only focus on that one thing, you can be very very powerful

I can't train when im angry

I have to think about what i need to accompolish that training day and stick to it , make a plan and a plan be then get to work to finish that plan

" if you had, one shot, or one oppurtunity, to seize everything you ever wanted, in one moment, would you capture it, or just let it slip!

That's a good Quote. I can that getting you hyped.

Fitness - Yeah I do that same thing. that was the News I got, chick was getting to know banged out a dude when she was drunk. Just set me off.

I think there can be a danger if .have to rely constantly on anger to motivate you ar propell you to a goal. Ocassionly it can be productive but not in the long run. You cant use anger to get through a 16 week contest or effective dieting for a prolonged time. That requires discipline and focus..just my take, but in the end its what ever works for the person

One minute of anger is sixty seconds of lost happiness. I do much better in the gym by being relaxed and focused on the muscle I'm training.

I dislike my bosses, so I figure while I'm in the gym putting in some effort they're at their desks stuffing their faces with take out chines or killing their livers at the bar lol

For some reason that works for me :D

i go to the gym and work out because i feel like its in my dna and bones to do so.

i think in my past life i was a warrior, or some type of hard working beast. because i cannot describe the drive that is inside of me. Sometimes i let it overshadow everything else in my life. recently i have found a balance, and life has become more enjoyable for me.

that or all the acid i have dropped has really done a number on me.

One minute of anger is sixty seconds of lost happiness. I do much better in the gym by being relaxed and focused on the muscle I'm training.

Exactly, drive comes from desire to reach your goals, and enjoyment of the journey. Even in combat, I wouldn't not call anger one of my emotions.

anger is a gift!!:mad:

Maybe for you, but for some of us being that way comes naturally, like having Greek and Irish parents.
I think theres a big problem in society about people with bad attitudes or who display angry emotions...some people like myself happen to actually be happier like this, not some prozac induced haze of mellow happiness, if thats what does it for you great but dont go casting the shadow of negativity on people who are not so happy go lucky 2-4-7.
For some reason now its not acceptable to be an agry guy, you have to be happy in order to fit in, or at least that seems to be the general feeling I get from people in day to day life, those of us with bad attitudes are simply seen as needing counseling, yet some of the most famous people in history were angry people who used their motivation from their mal content to channel it into very positive things, and discoveries.
Me personally, its about frustration, the gym is my place to let that out or I swear I would be locked up for murder by now.

I can't train when im angry

I have to think about what i need to accompolish that training day and stick to it , make a plan and a plan be then get to work to finish that plan

This is more my approach, i train one set hit so every set has to be 100% intensity and an improvement from previous week (even when cutting). I get my self very relaxed before each set, almost a state of meditation and think about what this set will do for me and not returning to the scrawny look I once had. Then it's like a switch just come round do it. This gives me excellent intensity and mental focus

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I workout better when Im angry :d:vil-smi

For some reason now its not acceptable to be an agry guy, you have to be happy in order to fit in, or at least that seems to be the general feeling I get from people in day to day life, those of us with bad attitudes are simply seen as needing counseling,

(we must be cut from the same cloth)
This is where my line is always drawn. I'm typically a happy chipper person, but the first time that I have an "outburst"...I'm the one with a problem. I also work with a bunch of hippy liberals that eat Tofurkey and don't wear leather. So everyone is CHEERY.

But I do see GunSmith's view too that going in to do a job is essential. But there are times I don't want to be nice. I want to just be a pissed off white boy and break shit.

Maybe for you, but for some of us being that way comes naturally, like having Greek and Irish parents.
I think theres a big problem in society about people with bad attitudes or who display angry emotions...some people like myself happen to actually be happier like this, not some prozac induced haze of mellow happiness, if thats what does it for you great but dont go casting the shadow of negativity on people who are not so happy go lucky 2-4-7.
For some reason now its not acceptable to be an agry guy, you have to be happy in order to fit in, or at least that seems to be the general feeling I get from people in day to day life, those of us with bad attitudes are simply seen as needing counseling, yet some of the most famous people in history were angry people who used their motivation from their mal content to channel it into very positive things, and discoveries.
Me personally, its about frustration, the gym is my place to let that out or I swear I would be locked up for murder by now.

exactly brother i dont believe in prescription drugs like adderall for adhd, hot the fuck do you give some hyper kid meth in a pill and expect him to grow up normal? messed my little brother up for life and when my dad found out they put him on that stuff he flipped so only three months ruined his natural drive. some of us have dealt with shit that doesnt just go away so we harbor an underlying anger and that is fine beacuse to be in complete control of your mind body life you have to learn to deal with human emotions without your doc. learn to channel that rage into iron therapy and release it with a warrior yell before exploding through a set. focus and control is necessary to control your emotions anyway so using an emotion like anger once in a while is fine because to even do that you to have deeper focus and control than most guys think is possible. so brothers when it has built up inside just before you explode on that rude guy in line in front of you at the gas station focus and channel it into success in your iron life

I just think of all the stupid worthless Women I've been with and I easily get mad at myself.

LOL! Priceless!

(and I wish I could claim I didnt understand that statement... but Ive been way too dumb way too often! lol)

I don't get angry unless someone is trying to have a conversation while I'm lifting and that just fucks me up I just go into a zone and think about being pinned under my truck again and I'm pressing it off of me or remembering having to have someone dress, feed,bathe and use a hoist to put me in my bed , chair, and a vehicle or having to use a powerchair and never wanting to be thst weak and powerless ever again plus I listen to godsmack, danzig, bullet fot my valentine, ect.

new music, or just really channel out all the shit going on in work. I relieve stress from my body. My drive is just LIGHT WEIGHT BABY!!!!:p

My anger comes from deep within my soul. All the people that have wronged me fire my anger. This is a place I only go to when I need it, I don't visit there often because I don't want to be over come by those feelings. But when I need it, it's easy to stoke the flames. I guess everyone is different, but whatever gets that extra rep, or weight I say use what works for you.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member