over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Where do you guys buy your fish??

juice monkey

Registered
Okay getting ready to add some good fish into my diet, but I've used Tilapia in the past and I've read that most of the farm raised is no good. I love Orange Roughy but it cost a fortune when eating 2-3 lbs a day. I'm hoping some of the members on here can point me in the right direction on where to buy some good white fish.

Publix has fresh and frozen Mahi. They have other frozen fish,I just stick with the Mahi.

This looks interesting what do you recommend from them? the Salmon looks good.

I get salmon from costco and anything else from trader joes tuna haddock

I just had some of the saikou sushi grade salmon (new zealand) frozen. It is farmed, but was some of the best sashimi I ever had. They also have tutorials on how to cut the fish, which parts are best for sashimi, best to go in rolls, etc.

I also like the yellowfin ahi tuna, but sometimes it smells a tad bit fishy--I don't know why, it just seems random, but it doesn't taste fishy at all.

Also if you like seaweed salad, theirs is probably the best I've ever had.

Really I just try a few different things everytime I order. Sometimes stuff is frozen (all sushi grade fish is flash frozen, at least), but I try and buy fresh if possible--of course this depends on the season. None of their frozen stuff has been bad though, and all was tender while eating raw.

There's a family owned store near me that has superb quality and catch all thier fish themselves, try to look around where you live and you'll find something good.

I pay about 15$-30$ a lb of salmon depending on season and 10$-25$ for cod. Your wasting your money in my opinion if your not buying wild.

Last edited:
Buy Sushi Grade Fish Online | Sashimi | Make Sushi at Home | CatalinaOP

sushi grade fish shipped direct to your door!

Life-changing, seriously.

OMG I'm in Sushi Heaven

too expensive to buy quality fish..

i just stick with chicken lol.. boring, but cheap

I depends on where you live. I live on the coast and there are plenty of fish markets and if you know how to shop you can save. You may also want to try WalMart. My local Walmart has a large selection of frozen packaged fish that's pretty cheap.

Last edited:
OMG I'm in Sushi Heaven

I depends on where you live. I live on the coast and there are plenty of fish markets and if you know hoe to shop you can save. You may also want to try WalMart. My local Walmart has a large selection of frozen packaged fish that's pretty cheap.

well, by "quality fish" i meant "wild caught".. not farm raised..

i only eat wild caught fish, organic eggs, and grassfed beef if im going to eat that stuff at all..

but since im not willing to fork out the extra cash at this point, im with with chicken + nutritional yeast and grassfed butter/extra virgin coconut oils for my protein and fat sources lol

I'm lucky to live close enough to the coast wher I can get just about anything I want fresh right off the dock. I have a few friends that are fisherman I just meet them when they come in. It's stupid cheap and as fresh as it gets.

I eat tuna, from the can, or pouch, bought from Aldi at 0.70 a can.

Hey I used to take brewers yeast. A lot of the old timers used to swear by it when I was a kid. Not long ago :p Hey how do you eat this stuff? I could only think of putting it in my oatmeal or poridge. I used to use to take brewers yeast tablets.

i put it on my chicken/rice etc..

With my Dad being a chef I get my orangy Roughy threw the restaurant he works at. I get my fish at their cost which is a HUGE savings and roughy is hard to come by regardless.
If i get a peice of sword or salmon i just go the local fish market but my bulk quantities are through my dad.
If you got friends in that buisness Id look into it, i got my chicken through a guy who knew me and owned a pizza store. It was .40 less per lb which adds up bu t he went out of buisness unfortunately.

Catch your own man! Nothing is better than going out on the river/lake/ocean all day with a few buddies and hanging out with nature. Not to mention catching a butt load of awesome food for pennies each :D

Does sushi grade always mean wild-caught though?

No it doesn't--sushi grade (to my knowledge) means it has been (at least) flash frozen so you can eat it raw. However, they do state whether it is wild caught or farm raised on their site.

I live in middle america and when I get it shipped to my door it is more fresh than what the sushi restaurants around here get, and for a fraction of the price. Would you believe some of the restaurants around here put LEMON on their sashimi? WTF...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity