over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Where have all the OG's gone?

I am not on any social media so this place and a couple other forums is where I go. I only look at 3 forums total and this one is #1. I lost interest in bodybuilding honestly. I haven't been to a gym since February lol. Not answering the thread saying I am a vet because by no means am I, but I am just putting perspective on why some may not be around anymore. Life gets busy, wife, kids, career, etc.

Ten+ years ago the only place for info was these boards. Now the information is out there and the remaining people on the boards are here by choice.

Also, believe it or not, once you have been around for a long time you end up becoming the OG. It like becoming a "grown up". All of a sudden younger people start looking up to you and asking you questions and somehow you have answers.

Used to post more... IMO quality of the members has definitely nosedived.... I also find that even though i'm the only Mens Physique IFBB Pro on here I find it best to just keep my mouth shut...this is a BODYBUILDING site and no matter what i've achieved i'll always be somewhat looked down on... so I just zip it and read.....But I'll never leave...I've learned TONS on here..
You make a good point. There is this trend of sarcastic smart ass attitude these days. They think its cool, but honestly it is immature garbage. A REAL man is humble. Everyone is a know it all. Then there is all the spam and nonsense that is annoying to shift through.

Used to post more... IMO quality of the members has definitely nosedived.... I also find that even though i'm the only Mens Physique IFBB Pro on here I find it best to just keep my mouth shut...this is a BODYBUILDING site and no matter what i've achieved i'll always be somewhat looked down on... so I just zip it and read.....But I'll never leave...I've learned TONS on here..

No reason to keep your mouth shut mate, we're all in the same game doing what we love and we're all equal. Never give in to the idiots. I'm 100% certain every other mature and levelheaded member here will frown upon people looking down on you just because you do men's physique instead of open bodybuilding and those members really are the only people who's opinion should matter. Just keep doing your thing and fuck the haters. (they're probably just jealous because your physique attracts more women than theirs anyway lol)

But yeah ya dont hear much from SHELBY or LENNY or even Mountain Dog much anymore.... prob cuz speaking to social media they reach a far broader audience than speaking to a bbing website community.

Social media has to do with this. Social media is a perfect example of the current society mind set - instant gratification with no attention span.
All those people that "like" a different bodybuilder's photo every half a second on Instagram - do you think they would have the attention span to come to a forum such as this and read posts, threads and absorb the information?

I have over 100k followers on my IG. All I do is post photos of my cars. No useful or technical info. And even those followers, sometimes ask me if I own a certain car and I am thinking "WTF - just scroll down through my feed and you'll find tons of photos of that particular car! Surely, you can't be THAT lazy!".

This basically just summarises today's society in general. Look how strong the leftard movement is because it caters to this.

Big A nailed it. I've been on these forums since 95/96, and once social media came out, it slowly attracted people toward it...more than I would have expected, but that is 100% the reality.

Sorry guys, I call bullshit...I understand what you're all saying, but at the end of the day it comes to the laziness of the Vets here not the new school sheep!

You look at those guys you listed above F2S (And I could post many more!)...Everyone of them posting daily on IG, yet when were the last time any of them logged in here?! This forum has a mobile app and tapatalk still works enough to visit daily without issue...Any pic post they share on their IG pages could easily be posted in their threads here...As well as answering any questions someone may ask or getting involved in discussions.

They used this board for what they needed it for and then moved on (some it took only a few years, some it took 10+)...Now it's easier for them to do #payme then actually show respect to where they came from!

Shit Big A...How many have come back after getting their little certificate asking you to delete all of their posts because they no longer want to be affiliated with a "roid board"?!

You see guys like bboy, MTF, Emeric, even Phil until he went crazy running around with that pack of thieves...They make no excuses, their Pro status didn't change the way they continued to treat this board as home!

Fuck some of the guys that got their Pro card from being here, weren't shit when they first joined...All of us watched them grow from pencils into sharpies throughout the years!

People always try to make convenient excuses because they like this one or that one...I say call it what it is: Bullshit! The mentality: No sense in coming to a place where you get nothing from anymore and are only in a position to give back!

These guys have their gear source, their social following and their contracts...The only time you see most pop in anymore is if the source they were using gets popped and they need a new one!

And not a single one could ever have an arguing point because again, if you're posting multiple times per day on the socials...Well guess what big dog, the forums have mobile apps too and the posting is just as quick!

hashtag fucking TRUTH:cool:

OG.......-----> Original Gungalunga <----- Word.......:cool:

some of us just changed board names ;) the same things get regurgitated year after year here, sometimes you just loose interest in the repetitive nature. and every couple years a small handful of board "experts" puts there 2cents into every single thread imaginable and it just gets really old watching it happen.

Last edited:

I've tired to listen more and say less but when no one says anything i'm unsure who i'm helping by keeping quiet.

It's too bad you feel that way. What you've achieved is nothing to look down on, it should be appreciated and it is bodybuilding. Keep sharing what you know.

The board goes through spurts where it's slow. It is what it is. Talking more about training is old school and we need more of it. The people that just started working out and think it all revolves around the "juice" are so mislead. Old school conversations involved AAS and ancillaries but that was because training and diet were on point. It's about it being a lifestyle...a marathon, not a sprint. So Rambo, get your ass back in the gym!

PM and AnaSci have tons to offer! Still the best of the best!!

Bud, I wish you didn't feel that way. I and many others have learned a ton from you along the way. I'm sure you noticed, I occasionally bump your thread. That's my way of making sure you are still out there, as well as to let you know you are still appreciated around here. I sure hope you don't go anywhere MTF.

Bud, I wish you didn't feel that way. I and many others have learned a ton from you along the way. I'm sure you noticed, I occasionally bump your thread. That's my way of making sure you are still out there, as well as to let you know you are still appreciated around here. I sure hope you don't go anywhere MTF.

I appreciate that ALOT my friend....and yes, you've ALWAYS been supportive of me... I will make it a point to post more... I really do owe alot to PM..... the knowledge has been invaluable... so many guys on here that really know their shit.. i try to absorb as much as i can...still learning everyday...when guys like Stewie, Kaladryn, Knight (just to name a few) i read every word

I appreciate the love brother.....

Agreed, 15yrs ago there wasn't the million different"experts"running gear podcasts, tons of websites/research guinea pigs like there is today

Finding someone who actually did a 2gram+ cycle or knew how to safely use insulin for example, you needed a(coach/pro etc.)...nowadays there's self made experts in their early 20s doing so in every gym LOL

Many vets now have careers, families...bodybuilding is no longer a priority

you know i think the real thing is look at the difference in people! lol
think back more then 20 years...
who were the big dudes....
small cult, with the outskirts being sort of a idk.. more "colorful" bunch. lol

the talk on the boards in ealry 200s was great cus you had that sorta maniac getting on the computer... it think baldnazi circa 2000 ish is a great example of what im talking about...

the life span charectars like this is of not that long. im not talking about him specifically was jsut a great example of... ( i hope hes ok i havent spoken to him in a bit but, bn you know i love bro! ;))

this isnt alwasy to say that something bad happens, hopefully like him ( ill stick with the example ) we calm down a bit, mature, evolve, lil less gear, lil more cardio...

the first post of cfp, was a much younger dc to say the least. he has grown up too.

there are lots of guys like this too, i dont have go down the list but the idea is LEARN MOTHERFUCKER!!!
learn or die. cus some aspect of the maniac life style is gona kill you.

there are less genuine maniacs these days
the world is super pussified and or just some masturbating psyco with an autmatic weapon.

old school meatheads were by and large good dudes who still exist just fewer, further between and by necesity have learned to chill out and shut the fuck up a lil. or at least try, every day! lol

cell phones and this other shit have just... idk :banghead: ima dinosaur though...

Last edited:
Still home base for me, moreso of a lurker than posting. I become exceptionally introverted at times.

I've learned quite a bit here, for that I'm grateful!

Still home base for me, moreso of a lurker than posting. I become exceptionally introverted at times.

I've learned quite a bit here, for that I'm grateful!

Stewie we owe you a statue in your honor for the service you provided

Times have changed/ Generations have changed. There are a few good left. But the atmosphere here changed over the years. Ive seen it first hand. doses have sky rocketed, nobody listens or believes shit/ not about the long haul but how fast can i get there mentality

This has always been my way of thinking, and maybe part of it is habit as well...

I started on the boards more than 10 years ago, and I came there to learn, so I kept quiet, read and used the search function as much as I possibly could, and would ask the occasional question while feeling my stomach just knot up for saying anything. Especially places like md or bb.com as it was 50/50 whether I would get a helpful response or attacked.

On that same note though, I've been around this sport for awhile now, feel like I have some decent enough credentials to offer an educated opinion on most things, but still usually fall back into old habits of just observing.

I've tired to listen more and say less but when no one says anything i'm unsure who i'm helping by keeping quiet.

"Hire a Trainer" - that phrase is used here so often, that phrase didn't exist years ago.

It could also be that the sport of bodybuilding and pushing yourself for more is no longer as popular. I don't see many BB'ers these days. Arm builders, upper body builders. But few that are pushing the entire package. Many more guys jacked the last few weeks. They will be around for a couple months then wont see them till next year...maybe. Working year after year is not trendy any more I don't think. If you aren't always trying to improve then there is no reason to search out new knowledge. Just hit it for a bit look good and relax till next summer.

I've been here fifteen years. Wow, that feels weird to say. Probably only a few of you would remember me.

My journey with bodybuilding began when I was 12 and continued well into my early 20s until I ran into a bad bout with depression and alcohol. I lost everything and ballooned up to 320lbs, health and fitness was the very last thing on my mind. Ironically, I still kept myself abreast of everything and continued my research, learning so much from guys on here and elsewhere. I've managed to lose all the fat and am back in the game now despite my body weight being downright laughable right now compared to you guys.

This is one board I have kept up with, however, as there are still some great names hanging around. I tend to keep quiet most of the time, I just spend my time absorbing what I can from guys who have been there and done that. Thanks to learning from guys like Dante, Elvia, Stewie, et al, I'll stay as long as I'm allowed. Hell, sometimes I'll search the names just to see what all I've missed from them.

I love this place but it has slowly slid...and its no fault of our own.

I find that I check on the forum during the day and the same basic "answered 100 times" questions are being asked. I feel no need to check in or reply to these. THAT'S why the top dogs have left here. There used to be really intelligent conversation here...but slowly we are getting more and more people just trying to get their 50 posts to buy gear and many more of the regular Bodybuilding.com "new as hellll to this" crowd. The smart guys with unique insights are tired of chiming in just to say, "metformin has been discussed 1000 times, use the Search bar." So they just stop posting.

:eek:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity