over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Where have all the OG's gone?

I miss the female presence we used to have it added some diversity. Most of them were significant others to dudes here so it’s understandable the decline in activity.

Sadly, many of the real OG’s have passed away.
I think the rest of us got old and see things in a different light.
It took me until age 50 to realize what the true experts here said was true and I had it all wrong. Drugs won’t turn you pro. Genetics, genetic response to drugs, and using your brain are the key.
Things I’ve learned:
1. Low doses work insanely well if you cycle off occasionally to clean out androgen receptors.
2. You have to eat a lot of real food, nutritious food. Shakes post workout and intraworkout are great but the body needs real food to get the most out of your drugs. And don’t be afraid to put some body fat on. It protects you from injury having that extra layer a fat.
3. Train heavy. A million light weight reps are great if you’re an insanely gifted mesomoroh. For the rest of us you have to keep increasing weight to grow. Lift in good form but try to go up a tiny bit each workout if it feels safe. I’m talking about an extra 5Lbs on chest press or cable rows. If you’re going up in strength then you’re growing.
4. A healthy body grows. A toxic body gets injured.
High doses eventually lose their ability to work and you end up with hemoglobin in the death zone. Thick toxic blood just wears out your kidneys, liver, heart.
When your body is healthy you’ll grow more off 200mg testosterone than you did off 2 grams while unhealthy, and you won’t get injured all the time.
5. Listen to the old guys here. There’s a reason they lived to be old. 🤔

Think about your future. You don’t want to be in chronic pain all the time like Ronnie Coleman, or dead like so many guys we looked up to and cared about.
It catches up with you if you push too hard.

I love this place but it has slowly slid...and its no fault of our own.

I find that I check on the forum during the day and the same basic "answered 100 times" questions are being asked. I feel no need to check in or reply to these. THAT'S why the top dogs have left here. There used to be really intelligent conversation here...but slowly we are getting more and more people just trying to get their 50 posts to buy gear and many more of the regular Bodybuilding.com "new as hellll to this" crowd. The smart guys with unique insights are tired of chiming in just to say, "metformin has been discussed 1000 times, use the Search bar." So they just stop posting.

:eek:

Looks like i'm going to be starting more threads then!:cool:

From day one I came here to get to the bottom of some of the more fear mongered subjects like slin. As my education in both the classroom and gym have furthered I still have a million and one questions I could ask, both for my own gain and to help start conversation of brighter minds than myself.

I think the take away from this is to start or restart new threads, staples like; training principles, nutrition philosophies, high level anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, etc.

I suppose I was timid to create thread and ask questions for whatever reason but it sounds like its time for some of the "youth" to step up and create an environment for the OG's to pass down that wealth of knowledge.

No one has any imagination and wants to be spoonfed. Obviously guys competing at a high level do well with coaches for 101 obvious reasons. But these days someone wants to lose 10 pounds to look good on their annual Cancun break and they get told to hire a coach. They even pay huge amounts for training programs. If that makes people train harder then great but I have never fully understood it.

Obviously training is vital but as I always post it's more execution, intensity and overall volume that is most important imo. If I do leg extensions 2nd or 4th or add in a drop set on my 3rd exercise it's not going to make me suddenly transform. Ok for your last set of leg curls I want you to do 2 drops sets and finish with 20 partials then a static hold... $30 please :eek: The ebooks they have all over IG must make them a tonne of money though. The routines are listed 1,000,000 times online but people still pay for it because it's from their fav bodybuilder. I even see people with 400 followers who dieted once offering coaching services on there :eek:

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I call bullshit...I understand what you're all saying, but at the end of the day it comes to the laziness of the Vets here not the new school sheep!

You look at those guys you listed above F2S (And I could post many more!)...Everyone of them posting daily on IG, yet when were the last time any of them logged in here?! This forum has a mobile app and tapatalk still works enough to visit daily without issue...Any pic post they share on their IG pages could easily be posted in their threads here...As well as answering any questions someone may ask or getting involved in discussions.

They used this board for what they needed it for and then moved on (some it took only a few years, some it took 10+)...Now it's easier for them to do #payme then actually show respect to where they came from!

Shit Big A...How many have come back after getting their little certificate asking you to delete all of their posts because they no longer want to be affiliated with a "roid board"?!

You see guys like bboy, MTF, Emeric, even Phil until he went crazy running around with that pack of thieves...They make no excuses, their Pro status didn't change the way they continued to treat this board as home!

Fuck some of the guys that got their Pro card from being here, weren't shit when they first joined...All of us watched them grow from pencils into sharpies throughout the years!

People always try to make convenient excuses because they like this one or that one...I say call it what it is: Bullshit! The mentality: No sense in coming to a place where you get nothing from anymore and are only in a position to give back!

These guys have their gear source, their social following and their contracts...The only time you see most pop in anymore is if the source they were using gets popped and they need a new one!

And not a single one could ever have an arguing point because again, if you're posting multiple times per day on the socials...Well guess what big dog, the forums have mobile apps too and the posting is just as quick!

hashtag fucking TRUTH:cool:

Love you brother;)

I sadly agree.

I've been here since Burger King was a Prince.

And I've seen so many changes like most mentioned above. There used to be so many knowledgeable people that when someone asked a question. You would get a bunch of replies with information trying to help you.

Now you ask a question and you get 100 replies telling you if you asking that question you have no business using gear. NO SHIT that's why his asking to learn. Why push him away by telling him that he has no business using. To go read and learn before considering using.

Or the famous one answer USE THE SEARCH BUTTON. Why not help him? I think his doing the right thing in asking. yes the search button was created for a reason but let's socialize and get to know the new members. When you where in school and you asked your teacher a question. How would you feel if she or him would of told you in front of the class. Go to the library and read a book and learn. You would feel belittled and embarrassed and not want to come back.

So those members are the ones that go to social media to find the answer without having to ask. And most likely get the wrong answer. Because social media is full of shit.

Here is a perfect example when the search button won't always be the best thing. Let's say the question the person has the topic he reads off the search button is not the best choice because since that topic was created. It was discovered and proven that there is a better method or protocol. Now he goes off from what he read and it's wrong.

It seems that now all you see is members insulting each other, or threads like what car does everyone drive, what to watch on Netflix, what does everyone do for a living. Don't get me wrong I know it's socializing but this board was created by Big A for bodybuilders and bodybuilding topics. Let's socialize in those topics. The only other topic allowed is the ASS THREAD [emoji16] but that still applies to bodybuilders because our test levels [emoji39]

I love this board and I can honestly say this is the only board I'm a member of . And The only other time I have been inside another board is if I Googled a question about something and some of the answers takes you into another board. And there is not one day that goes by that I don't pick up my phone and scroll through the board NOT ONE DAY .Unless I'm on vacation and even then sometimes when I get back to the hotel room at night I peak at it. Unless I'm too drunk,too tired, or getting some ass. Which usually all of the above is the case lol... Oh wait and definitely look at it when I'm dressed and ready to go but have to wait an hour for the princess to finish her hair and make up [emoji16][emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I took a long abscence from the board. Way more of what I posted was about training vs drugs and that limited the discussion to a certain degree. Because I train people ( have owned a gym for 18 years) I got to the point where I started to question if peeps had much interest in really improving their phyiques slowely, safely and effectively? This may or may not of been the case and it more likely was just my pereception.

That said, I am here now and am enjoying it so if you have a training, programming or nutrition question fire away and this OG will give you my two cents worth.

I've been here since Burger King was a Prince.

And I've seen so many changes like most mentioned above. There used to be so many knowledgeable people that when someone asked a question. You would get a bunch of replies with information trying to help you.

Now you ask a question and you get 100 replies telling you if you asking that question you have no business using gear. NO SHIT that's why his asking to learn. Why push him away by telling him that he has no business using. To go read and learn before considering using.

Or the famous one answer USE THE SEARCH BUTTON. Why not help him? I think his doing the right thing in asking. yes the search button was created for a reason but let's socialize and get to know the new members. When you where in school and you asked your teacher a question. How would you feel if she or him would of told you in front of the class. Go to the library and read a book and learn. You would feel belittled and embarrassed and not want to come back.

So those members are the ones that go to social media to find the answer without having to ask. And most likely get the wrong answer. Because social media is full of shit.

Here is a perfect example when the search button won't always be the best thing. Let's say the question the person has the topic he reads off the search button is not the best choice because since that topic was created. It was discovered and proven that there is a better method or protocol. Now he goes off from what he read and it's wrong.

It seems that now all you see is members insulting each other, or threads like what car does everyone drive, what to watch on Netflix, what does everyone do for a living. Don't get me wrong I know it's socializing but this board was created by Big A for bodybuilders and bodybuilding topics. Let's socialize in those topics. The only other topic allowed is the ASS THREAD [emoji16] but that still applies to bodybuilders because our test levels [emoji39]

I love this board and I can honestly say this is the only board I'm a member of . And The only other time I have been inside another board is if I Googled a question about something and some of the answers takes you into another board. And there is not one day that goes by that I don't pick up my phone and scroll through the board NOT ONE DAY .Unless I'm on vacation and even then sometimes when I get back to the hotel room at night I peak at it. Unless I'm too drunk,too tired, or getting some ass. Which usually all of the above is the case lol... Oh wait and definitely look at it when I'm dressed and ready to go but have to wait an hour for the princess to finish her hair and make up [emoji16][emoji39]

I have to disagree.

This forum has a huge foundation. There's nearly two decades of information here! With all of this information available as well as a Beginners forum, people can take the time to educate themselves. I understand we need participation on the forum to keep it alive and I encourage people to be active but there's some basic education that needs to be in place first.

A question like, 'I'm going start my first cycle. Which steroid will get me shredded?' or 'I don't like needles, which pills should I take to get big?' Encouraging people with questions like that to read through and search the forum is actually doing them a favor and in the long run may keep them from seriously damaging their health. The people unwilling to take the time to read through the information on here are the one's being lazy, not the members who are suggesting it!

People have left because this board is no longer what it was supposed to be per Big A - https://www.professionalmuscle.com/...rum/53353-so-sick-heres-truth.html#post672020

TRT only, microdosing, being health-conscious certainly has it's place, but it's not what Professional Muscle was supposed to be about.

If only we didnt have a few members who felt the need to police everyone's lifestyle choices and make uninformed medical opinions on people theyve never meet *hint hint wink wink*

If only we didnt have a few members who felt the need to police everyone's lifestyle choices and make uninformed medical opinions on people theyve never meet *hint hint wink wink*

Yes :p Guys starting thread after thread on the same subjects then offering medical advice a few weeks later. I am all for health and post about it a lot. I am also very careful with my aas usage mainly due to side effects and health. I don't low dose far from it but it's not like I am taking 100mg tren, test, mast and avar (40mg of each). But I am also all for the truth and many of us take big doses. There are alot of guys I chat to in private and they can't be bothered posting what they do due to all the drama that comes from that. This forum has lost that over the years. It used to be a much more judge free zone.

We all have our opinions and this is an open forum and we all reply to topics and I have posted so many times about guys taking too much. However there have been quite a few guys over the years who come and go but they post in a much more condescending way. The worst thing is many of these guys have never even been in really good shape. Well most don't post pics. It's like they come on here to feel better about themselves. These people wouldn't dare go up to these guys in real life but over the internet they are happy to judge in a very negative way if they don't conform to their beliefs.

One of the worst things that could happen on here is the prevention of the truth. Fact is most have the guys people like their pics on IG because they are huge and ripped with veins popping everywhere are on an array of different drugs. I am not stating it's right or wrong but it's simply what they do to get in that shape. After reading this forum for a short time no one would want to discuss info like this. If you can look incredible on 300mg test and 50mg winny post about it. Post you don't agree with all the drugs someone takes. But not in way that shows you clearly think they are stupid meatheads. This is Professional muscle and I know Big A started this board for guys to have a place to openly discuss exactly what they are doing.

I am one of the old ones here.

This place has been my home forever. Too old to try and understand
Facebook and Twitter.

Seen a lot of people rise and a lot of people fall over the years here!

Many good bros have come and gone. Many no longer with us!

We all need to be remember no matter how large we grow, in body or in life,
where our home is because that's the place that has always been there for us!

I have learned, given and experienced so much on this board for so long that
no matter how far I excelled anywhere else I would always make sure to return
home to see how my family is fairing!

I've watched a lot of guys come here as boys and are now grown men!! I hope
I'm able to see more rise and this board continue to flourish!

IPG

If I hadnt made it obvious already i'll just say it.

Thank you to all that make this place raw, gnarly, and epic. I can't imagine there's a better base of knowledge on the internet (thats free at least.)

People have left because this board is no longer what it was supposed to be per Big A - https://www.professionalmuscle.com/...rum/53353-so-sick-heres-truth.html#post672020

TRT only, microdosing, being health-conscious certainly has it's place, but it's not what Professional Muscle was supposed to be about.

I understand this and agree with it in part...BUT, look at it from the other side of the coin, how many guys have we seen "try" to play it by that post above, and how many of them are not posting anymore?! Not because they've moved to the socials but for the latter!

Abuse has been rampant since the time of the forums bursting...Mega dosing, peps and anything else people can find to inject into their bodies...More deaths in the past 5 years then we ever heard during the 70-80s runs!

Again, everyone wants to put some reason or excuse to it...The bottom line, no bullshit truth is laziness! You go through some of the list of names, how many are still posting daily on the socials. Answering questions, messaging with people, etc. But look closer, all of them have become salesman. Look at some of their last posts here, promoting something. As if I have my name in Red now, pay me! On the socials, they can get the praise, but how many times do you see the simplest question asked followed up by "Message me"...Yeah, So I can see what your wallet looks like more or less! Questions they had no problem having nice discussions about here before their names hit Red!

Look through their threads and see how many people have asked questions here, and when was the last time they logged in to even bother checking...EVERYONE of them being so "grateful" and so "appreciative" to have their own personal thread to help educate people that respect what they've accomplished throughout the years!

Nope...Now, it's you gotta choice - follow me or you won't see me again! I have no reason to go back there, my source is doing just fine;)

And I am all for a man making bank...It's a great thing being able to live the lifestyle and pay your bills while doing it!! BUT don't think you've gotten so swole that you forget where you came from!

"I don't have time!"...Hmmm, Isn't that the same shit their clients who are working 12 hour days and want to use that as an excuse not to hit the weights tell them too?!

I was taught by my old man a loooong time ago....."ALWAYS remember where you came from".... I love this board.... No other BB forum comes close... I'll be the 1st to admit that i would have NOT turned Pro without the knowledge i obtained here.... Yes, i have 2 guys eyeball me (MiniTruck and Tenny) but at the end of the day i do what i see fit for me.. ALOT is what ive learned from this very place.... I should post more....and will (Thanks Triple)... and i try to be as helpful as possible.... people ask me questions, i answer them... ask for advice, i give it.... i remember my 1st time in a gym (Ballys)...i could only bench the bar.... completely embarassing...point is, we all started somewhere

I was taught by my old man a loooong time ago....."ALWAYS remember where you came from".... I love this board.... No other BB forum comes close... I'll be the 1st to admit that i would have NOT turned Pro without the knowledge i obtained here.... Yes, i have 2 guys eyeball me (MiniTruck and Tenny) but at the end of the day i do what i see fit for me.. ALOT is what ive learned from this very place.... I should post more....and will (Thanks Triple)... and i try to be as helpful as possible.... people ask me questions, i answer them... ask for advice, i give it.... i remember my 1st time in a gym (Ballys)...i could only bench the bar.... completely embarassing...point is, we all started somewhere
Ballys man you old acere lol
I'm not alone two viejos [emoji16]

Translations: acere is Spanish slang word for bro and Viejo is old man

I love this place, I'm not going anywhere :love:

that really means alot to me BBOY! you are legit. and bout my same age. very inspiring and u always shoot it straight. invalueable (sp?) to this community imo
(high n drunk hope that made sense and wasnt too homo):eek:
-F2S

This is my home board. It always will be. I am here every single day--not always posting, but always scrolling through the threads. I owe this board, more than any other by FAR, a HUGE debt of gratitude. Why? It was largely responsible for taking me from a part-time coach, to a full-time coach, to a succesfull business owner, to a succesfull multi-business owner...all in a period of about 10 years.

At the same time, I get to have fun doing what I love. I have a weekly Podcast that is a blast...and because of the industry I am in, I get to talk to all sorts of people (both publicly and privately) that I never would have had the opportunity to interact with had it not been for this place. Pro Muscle was the springboard from which my now diverse and fulfilling career was launched. That means something.

Rather than owing a debt to any single individual or entity, it is owed to ALL the people that have made this place what it is over the years--those who have supported me, those who have challlenged me, those who have caused me to view things in a differnet light, those whom I have learned from and even those who have pissed me off. We all contribute and we all receive. Because of this, we all owe a debt--to varrying degrees--to this board as a whole.

For this reason, barring death or a severe change of life circumstances, I will forever be a sponsor here, even when it is no longer necessary. My wife asked me not too long ago "why do you keep paying sponsor fees when we now have customers from everywhere?"...and I tell her the same thing I said here. She gets it.

But more than that, I just like it here. When you've been somewhere for a long time and you know the people, they become your friends...and most of us want to be where our friends are. I sometimes see people say that those we meet on the boards aren't really our friends; that they're not part of our "real"-life", but just co-posters on the same site. We know that's not true. In addition to many of us communicating with others via pm and phone, many of us have also formed bonds with dozens of members here--to the point where if we saw them in person there would be an immediate familiarity and kinship. Today, the Internet is part of the REAL WORLD, where all of us go to learn, meet people, buy things, participate in various activties/functions, etc. It is part of our culture and it is here to stay.

I guess the point is that I am here primarily because I want to be. It feels like home. It is my home. My home on the Net.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner