over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

WHERE IS BODYBUILDING HEADED?

Had nationals a couple days ago. 4 days, about 1200 competitors, majority in bikini and mens physique.
I achieved what has always been my goal - coming in tight, conditioned, perfectly peaked, right down to striated glutes and vascular abs. To me, I hit it out of the park!
And was immediately placed next to last. Apparently this is the year of softness and roundness in womens physique division. The classes are getting softer, and 2 women ahead of me had saggy thighs and cellulite.
I love this sport...the ability to work hard, grind it out, and accomplish what looks like becoming superhuman to the onlooker.
Was told I was too cut, and that the divisions are planning to come out with an even more detailed description of what judges dont want to see... more precise descriptions of the look of each division.
Can be very discouraging, and seems that the organization is continuing to grow in the direction of a more commercialized, more easily attainable look, which will no doubt co tinue to boost the numbers of entry fees.
Thoughts?

Soon they’ll have a fat class called POSITIVITY. The world wants to make disgusting pigs seem attractive! Can’t brainwash me though. 🐷

Soon they’ll have a fat class called POSITIVITY. The world wants to make disgusting pigs seem attractive! Can’t brainwash me though. ��

Only for women tho

Because fat men are just like... Ugh! So gross

All women are queens :eek:

Soon they’ll have a fat class called POSITIVITY. The world wants to make disgusting pigs seem attractive! Can’t brainwash me though. 🐷

The NPC or any other organisation will never create a category for fat competitors.

thats mean bro, lol:eek:

It is hell to be a competitor where the judges do not have clear criteria and constantly change them.

You look great, I would like to get that condition.

A bikini girl at my gym is choosing shows to compete in based on specific judges criteria. It's ridiculous people have to play this game.

I’m a dick haha

To the OP, you look amazing! You’re shredded! That’s the look that women’s physique competitors turned pro in the past so i just don’t get it.

The judges are looking for symmetry encompasses overall balance and conditioning from top to bottom and side poses, she had the conditioning but need more balance and symmetry.

Getnbigger - werent you competing as well? How did it go?

Fit2Serve - this was an exact conversation I was having with one of the promoters today while waiting for the flight home... health, accessibility.

Dont gwt me wrong in my comments... Im very happy with where I came in. Very strong sense of personal accomplishment. I was mostly commenting out loud how much less is required, in all areas, really. Not just bb. The "everybody gets a medal" mentality. Working hard and earning it is what it used to be about, and its becoming more about showing up with minimal work, and paying the fee. Having a large social presence, knowing how to qork the system to ones favor. Makes me feel like Im a foreigner to this system, that I dont really fit into, and not crqzy about complying with just to get to the next level. So, thats my conflict. Not about my look, training, the lifestyle... but how to adapt to something I dont really believe in, yet knowing that its the only way to get to the next level, through those gatekeepers

I did find a pic of comparisons. Top 3 in the middle, Im on far left

Fit2Serve - this was an exact conversation I was having with one of the promoters today while waiting for the flight home... health, accessibility.

Dont gwt me wrong in my comments... Im very happy with where I came in. Very strong sense of personal accomplishment. I was mostly commenting out loud how much less is required, in all areas, really. Not just bb. The "everybody gets a medal" mentality. Working hard and earning it is what it used to be about, and its becoming more about showing up with minimal work, and paying the fee. Having a large social presence, knowing how to qork the system to ones favor. Makes me feel like Im a foreigner to this system, that I dont really fit into, and not crqzy about complying with just to get to the next level. So, thats my conflict. Not about my look, training, the lifestyle... but how to adapt to something I dont really believe in, yet knowing that its the only way to get to the next level, through those gatekeepers

For some reason the picture did not appear. Id like to see the picture.

Where is BB headed...?

I could be wrong but I see it getting even more medically scientific. Do you suppose we could see bodybuilders with implanted medi ports used for all manner of infusion purposes? Water based AAS, GH, IGF, insulin infusions. IV amino acids & proteins. Nocturnal infusions in combination with hyperbaric chambers (Nova Airsoak) or sensory deprivation tanks/float pods to rapidly increase muscle recovery while we sleep.

I'm sure the military and NASA has already done extensive research & human testing in regards to prolonged space flight. Just apply it to a young genetically gifted bodybuilder backed by a team of physicians who can monitor him/her extensively to avoid major health issues.

or

The future is more guys prancing around in board shorts that rarely train legs?:rolleyes:

Where is BB headed...?

or

The future is more guys prancing around in board shorts that rarely train legs?:rolleyes:

Im going for this outcome. I think that is more likely.

I think you look amazing. I know how hard you worked to lose every ounce of fat and gain every ounce of muscle that you did.

Above all else, be proud of yourself.

The biggest problem with bodybuilding is that it's a subjective sport. It's why great competitors who the fans love quit, it's why outrageous decisions happen, it's why you there aren't casual fans of the sport, it's why the sport will never be remotely mainstream.

Think of any sport out there with any degree of popularity, from NFL football down to Olympic curling - none are subjective, and that's why they'll always be much more popular and successful than bodybuilding.

I decided not to compete after I did the San Jose three weeks ago . I had to go in middles since there was not welterweight class and so I was outweighed by my competition by 12lbs . I placed 4th in the open which got me thinking . I have won the welterweight class at Masters Nationals 5 times but never got my Pro card because i didn't make top 4 in overall, which usually is the super, heavey, lt heavey and middle, . If I can't beat a middle at a local show it seemed unlikely I would beat the middle at a National level competition. Since I really was going there for my procard having won the class 5 times before and I wasn't going beat the middle in the overall, why put my body through the stress, put my marriage on hold and compromise my profession to get the same result as the last 5 outings. I have too many good things in my life and it just didn't make sense, especially given what I know and what you just experienced, you can bust your ass and be the best you can be and winning is in the hands of judges who will do what they want regardless of what you bring to the stage.

My next competition will be getting in condition for my trip to Cabo!!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

1st pic - before movement. Winner is far left. Im in middle between 2nd and 3rd place winners

2nd pic - top 3 are in middle, im far left

3rd pic - im far left, then 3rd, 1st, 2nd

Attachments

• 20180722_111832.jpg
    20180722_111832.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 112

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads