over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

WHERE IS BODYBUILDING HEADED?

11sh11

Featured Member
Featured Member
Registered
Had nationals a couple days ago. 4 days, about 1200 competitors, majority in bikini and mens physique.
I achieved what has always been my goal - coming in tight, conditioned, perfectly peaked, right down to striated glutes and vascular abs. To me, I hit it out of the park!
And was immediately placed next to last. Apparently this is the year of softness and roundness in womens physique division. The classes are getting softer, and 2 women ahead of me had saggy thighs and cellulite.
I love this sport...the ability to work hard, grind it out, and accomplish what looks like becoming superhuman to the onlooker.
Was told I was too cut, and that the divisions are planning to come out with an even more detailed description of what judges dont want to see... more precise descriptions of the look of each division.
Can be very discouraging, and seems that the organization is continuing to grow in the direction of a more commercialized, more easily attainable look, which will no doubt co tinue to boost the numbers of entry fees.
Thoughts?

Attachments

• 20180721_094806.jpg
    20180721_094806.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_20180719_144744_698.jpg
    IMG_20180719_144744_698.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 458
  • 20180721_100734.jpg
    20180721_100734.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
Sounds like they ought to come out with a New Division.

Mr and Mrs Pillsbury Dough Boys.
This is Very Sad News.................................... JP
P.S.
I thought you looked Excellent in your Pics.
I would have Filed a Formal Protest on your Placement.

Lol... You have to smile and play the game, or never place above 3rd again.
Its true though, the 'look' is ever-changing, in what judges look for. Talking with my coach, fbb might be my best route

It is hell to be a competitor where the judges do not have clear criteria and constantly change them.

You look great, I would like to get that condition.

Had nationals a couple days ago. 4 days, about 1200 competitors, majority in bikini and mens physique.
I achieved what has always been my goal - coming in tight, conditioned, perfectly peaked, right down to striated glutes and vascular abs. To me, I hit it out of the park!
And was immediately placed next to last. Apparently this is the year of softness and roundness in womens physique division. The classes are getting softer, and 2 women ahead of me had saggy thighs and cellulite.
I love this sport...the ability to work hard, grind it out, and accomplish what looks like becoming superhuman to the onlooker.
Was told I was too cut, and that the divisions are planning to come out with an even more detailed description of what judges dont want to see... more precise descriptions of the look of each division.
Can be very discouraging, and seems that the organization is continuing to grow in the direction of a more commercialized, more easily attainable look, which will no doubt co tinue to boost the numbers of entry fees.
Thoughts?

i Don’t have much to say about judging as I don’t follow closely but just wanted to say congrats on the conditioning you obtained it sucks you didn’t place where u should have. But at the end of the day you busted your ass and and even said it yourself you met your goal and came in what u wanted to obtain. I know that doesn’t make up for it but good job on the hard work..

This is where it is headed, bikini and mens physique, a day at the beach. Go to the gym, put in no time or dedication and in 3-4 months you can be a pro. Everyone wants instant gratification now days. Meet promoters are more interested in money than they are promoting the sport. Women's bodybuilding as well as mens, is being pushed out after taking this industry to where it is for so many years. Too bad. If it wasn't for all the men and women bodybuilders from past to present there would be few gyms, the supplement industry would not be past Bob Hoffman and magazines would be slim to none. After all the work it took for you to get where you were on stage, its insulting you were treated they way your were treated.

After many years of this, my wife and I have much more fun just doing it for ourselves. My wife turned pro in 1991 and will never compete again because of the changes that have taken place in the sport. Women went from feminine to beasts to out the door because judges, the IFBB and NPC couldn't figure what they wanted from one contest to the next.

BigTex, firstly, congratulations to your wife! Yes, I can mirror your statements, and hers. It is feeling a little like being driven to extinction in the competitive scene... with our habitats becoming smaller and smaller. An option for me is to seek my card in fbb, then continue on in fbb or wp.
It does represent a personal goal, that Id like to see through and accomplish. It will i fluence and have an effect on my business and career, advancing to ifbb. But, still not adoring the organization or its gatekeepers. Head judging was given to Tyler Manion, Jims grandson. He barely looks old enough, let alone physically my better than a soft mens physique competitor... yet he was given the power to decide every competitors fate at a national level show... smh

Clearly diced up. Hamstrings look awesome. Were you out muscled? Congrats you look awesome.

BB is dead. There are literally 4-5 tops per class in Texas. Classic Physique is 12-20 deep. Id do classic due to my height, but honestly my physique isn't classic and im not going to lose muscle to make a weight class.

You can try to play the game to make the judges happy if turning Pro and following that path is your dream. Or you can show up in the shape you want to be and be happy with yourself and your achievements. The pendulum of what the judges want has swung back and forth over the decades that I have been following the sport.

Clearly diced up. Hamstrings look awesome. Were you out muscled? Congrats you look awesome.

BB is dead. There are literally 4-5 tops per class in Texas. Classic Physique is 12-20 deep. Id do classic due to my height, but honestly my physique isn't classic and im not going to lose muscle to make a weight class.

Not out-conditioned or out-muscled. Actually, it was my muscles that were the problem. Theyre trying to enforce the 'judging criteria' this year... rounded and soft was the look preferred. Striations and separation were judged strictly and those who were cut were placed lower. Across the divisions

You achieved your best look to date and broke any past barriers; that in itself is a victory...far better than coming in softer and placing higher and then wondering why you even do this if progression isn't a natural part of this game

How the judges see it is up to them... unfortunately the yoyoing of judging criteria is way more common in the women's divisions than men's from what I see.

I think for serious competitors like you; the placings matter obviously, but it's the process and progress that keeps you on your feet and coming back for more (I might be out of turn judging your internal drives).

In the eyes of many on PM, you already won...regardless of what the judges criteria is

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I competed in the 80s and 90s, things do not seem much different now (from what your issues are) than when myself and Big Tex (and wife) competed. One year they were looking for soft, the next big and muscular(for women). Even men had years they were looking for freaky the next they wanted ripped to the bone and you never knew until you talked to them after the show. In the days of Rachelle Mclish along came Cory Everson and then Bev Francis and it got more and more until it is now gone for the females. Muscle does not make the NPC (IFBB) money, having people less muscular(pysique bikini and the like) allows more people to compete and with pro cards a dime-a-dozen now everyone wants to say they are a pro. Big Tex's wife is a pro (in my eyes), I do not know her but to turn pro in 1991 was hard and she had to deserve it. The men had like 4 pro cards per year at that time, I now have several people at my gym who are "pros" and look like shit.
I looked recently at the costs to compete, these promoters are making a killing and from a business standpoint, did the financially correct thing in promoting from bodybuilding to more T&A shows. 1200 competitors made them some good profit.
I think you look great, not too muscular and ripped. Next year they will probably love that.

Your condition is amazing! Don’t let the judges bring you down. This is the main reason I don’t compete, I can’t stand the politics behind it. I would love to see what first place looks like. Was it honey boo boo?

Thinker, youre correct... it all matters. I see it more and more even in mens divisions... fewer are taking it to the same harder level.
Becoming a pro is easier, less is required to get there, and just a general softening up in the industry.
Its not that I care more about what others think (judges), but i do care. 8 months of busting ass to be dismissed in 2 minutes.... and its not an inexpensive endeavor either.
Ill be back in the gym tomorrow, regrouping, and continuing to be me... and seeing whata next

Thinker, youre correct... it all matters. I see it more and more even in mens divisions... fewer are taking it to the same harder level.
Becoming a pro is easier, less is required to get there, and just a general softening up in the industry.
Its not that I care more about what others think (judges), but i do care. 8 months of busting ass to be dismissed in 2 minutes.... and its not an inexpensive endeavor either.
Ill be back in the gym tomorrow, regrouping, and continuing to be me... and seeing whata next
Unless you acknowledge the fact that this can happen more often than notand you are okay with it, you should not be competing or if you choose to do so be okay with the fact that your personal Journey was a success that is why I no longer compete as of this year.
By the way you looked phenominal!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Where the sport is headed...

Bare with me.... I believe social media has alot to do with the state of bb'ing and where its all headed.

People are educated now. Everyone knows what killed Dallas McCarver. Dudes even quit competing cuz they dont want to die. Justin Compton, Evan Centopani, Matt Porter come to mind.

The goals in bbing are near exact same critieria one would follow if trying to die early. Growth factors and drugs that enlarge major organs, clog arteries, cause diabetes, increase chance of cancer, etc the list goes on and on of ill effects of HIGH gear and PED use.

The public now knows about steroids and knows Mr O athletes must use them to compete. and must use alot of em to be THAT ripped and big. So makes it a deadly sport and look frowned upon imo. EVEN if mens physique and bikini isnt healthier it LOOKS a helluva lot healthier (and prob is) so its going to draw more competitors, more sponsors, more spectators.

So, the sport will go the way of the $ and its kinda swinging toward a more healthy LOOK and also a look that other people want to have so that DEFINITLEY makes it more attractive to sponsors and spectators.
-F2S

Thoughts?

I would like to see a line up photo with you and the other competitor. Congratulation on your condition, I would try to be not as shredded you look to masculine.

Bare with me.... I believe social media has alot to do with the state of bb'ing and where its all headed.

People are educated now. Everyone knows what killed Dallas McCarver. Dudes even quit competing cuz they dont want to die. Justin Compton, Evan Centopani, Matt Porter come to mind.

The goals in bbing are near exact same critieria one would follow if trying to die early. Growth factors and drugs that enlarge major organs, clog arteries, cause diabetes, increase chance of cancer, etc the list goes on and on of ill effects of HIGH gear and PED use.

The public now knows about steroids and knows Mr O athletes must use them to compete. and must use alot of em to be THAT ripped and big. So makes it a deadly sport and look frowned upon imo. EVEN if mens physique and bikini isnt healthier it LOOKS a helluva lot healthier (and prob is) so its going to draw more competitors, more sponsors, more spectators.

So, the sport will go the way of the $ and its kinda swinging toward a more healthy LOOK and also a look that other people want to have so that DEFINITLEY makes it more attractive to sponsors and spectators.
-F2S

You mean growth hormone no growth factors?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131