over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Where is your arm day

juggy38

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Been running pull/push/legs off. Wanting to add an arm day.

Easiest answer would be pull/push/legs/arms/off but 4 days in a row would wipe me out

how Would you set up a 5 day a week split with an “arm day”

2 on/1 off

Wouldn't always work out as 5 x a week but who cares

I don’t use Dorian Yates training methods because it’s too demanding on the connective tissues, but I find his 4-day training split is optimal. Day 1) chest/biceps, day 2) back, day 3) shoulder/triceps, and day 4) legs. Each body part trained ONLY once a week. Work sets 14-20 per major body part to good failure. 8-15 reps per set. Sometimes I go up to 20 reps for a couple of sets.

Here are a couple of my prefered splits if I'm not doing P/P/L. I prefer training 5 days. With 4 I get too bored on the 3rd off day. I can do 6 days/week but usually limit that to 4-5 weeks.

Arms have always been a week area for me.

Day 1: Chest/Back
Day 2: Legs (quad emphasis)
Day 3: Shoulders/Arm touch up
Day 4: Off
Day 5: Hams/Glutes/Traps
Day 6: Arms
Day 7: Off

Day 1: Chest, triceps touch up
Day 2: Back, bicep touch up
Day 3: Shoulders/Traps
Day 4: Off
Day 5: Arms
Day 6: Legs
Day 7: Off

I do a similar split. Needed an arm/weakness day.

Push
Off
Pull
Off
Legs
Arms
Off
Repeat

that turns into a 7 day split to run thru the week. If u do arms after legs, u just need to make sure your triceps are recovered enough for Push which is 48hrs later. If arms comes BEFORE legs then your biceps will he hit pretty hard over the course of 72 hrs.

Been running pull/push/legs off. Wanting to add an arm day.

Easiest answer would be pull/push/legs/arms/off but 4 days in a row would wipe me out

how Would you set up a 5 day a week split with an “arm day”

Typically I do mine on back day, after training back.

I do the 3-day split of 'DC'ish' type training...have biceps with back, and triceps with chest/shoulders.

My arms were not genetic freakish, but they used to grow real easy, so I layed off hitting them super hard in order to focus on other weaknesses. I'll say there is nothing like training biceps with a good pump, but i'll be honest, it's my least favorite muscle group to train these days, for awhile now. I can tell right now that my arms are way behind where they should be (i'm 6ft) as i'm cutting down. TBH, I just hate hitting bi's, but I hit them on back day since they are already warmed up somewhat.

I have such jacked up shoulders, it really complicates everything. I swear my arms do not respond as well as they used to prior to shoulder problems. I may take a few months to hit them hard again to see if they respond back where they should be.

Sorry, got off topic with a bit of a rant:eek:

You had it right. P,P,A,L. Stop being a bitch and do it. Arms gives you a 'break' before leg day.

A while back Dante posted about his preferred split for advanced guys - I’ve been doing it a long time now and I love it 6B6F2580-03F9-469B-8522-F4CA6928DC88.png

I do the 3-day split of 'DC'ish' type training...have biceps with back, and triceps with chest/shoulders.

My arms were not genetic freakish, but they used to grow real easy, so I layed off hitting them super hard in order to focus on other weaknesses. I'll say there is nothing like training biceps with a good pump, but i'll be honest, it's my least favorite muscle group to train these days, for awhile now. I can tell right now that my arms are way behind where they should be (i'm 6ft) as i'm cutting down. TBH, I just hate hitting bi's, but I hit them on back day since they are already warmed up somewhat.

I have such jacked up shoulders, it really complicates everything. I swear my arms do not respond as well as they used to prior to shoulder problems. I may take a few months to hit them hard again to see if they respond back where they should be.

Sorry, got off topic with a bit of a rant:eek:
I have shoulder problems as well. What works for me for getting big arms is high volume, high intensity, and not traiiing beyond failure. 14-20 work sets to good failure per week followed by 4 warm up sets. 10-15 reps per set is idea.

I’ve done the push, pull, arms, legs routine and I don’t seem to grow as good that way opposed to doing individual muscle groups every day. I seem to get burned out and don’t feel like I hit my potential. I do chest, back, legs, arms, shoulders in that order. If I miss a day it’s made up on Saturday and if not I do whatever seems to be lacking on Saturday. I do triceps on arm day after I do biceps. I always feel full and satisfied walking out of the gym on arm day with a “whole” arm pump. I’m a believer in “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” so until I slow down growing on the old school routine I’ll keep rolling with it.

I agree on arms being an "active rest" day I am on PPL myself choosing arms either on back/chest day or an own day

I’ve thought about tryinf

Chest/sh/bi
Legs
Back/tri
Off

That would increase frequency even if you changed nothing, of your push legs pull.

I also thought about something like

Chest/back
Ham focus
Arms
Off
Back/chest
Quad focus
Off

Anyone doing chest and back together better be in the top 1%. I just dont see how that is feasible/optimal in the slightest. Maybe for a pump/flush day, but you couldnt pay me to train those in the same day.

If you need more rest - Push, Pull, Off, Legs, Off - Add in higher volume 6-8 sets of bis/tris on push/pull.

My arms were always my weakest body part. Everest since I cut out arm day (I do ppl) they have been responding much better. This is been working great for me

I also started do ing 2to3 feeder arm workouts. A week

Hypertrophy especially for the smaller muscles is all about reps. Do some biceps at the end of your back days to finish them off. Do some triceps at the end of the chest days to finish them off. Then do a bi and tri day if you really want to impact them. Ex: Mon Back/Bis, Tues Chest/Tri, Wed Off, Thur Legs, Friday Bi/Tri, Sat Shoulders, Sunday Off. Rinse repeat.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear