over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Where to get ink done?

J

jahras12

I am looking to get a tat , and was wondering where if you know any places to get ink done in the NJ or Philadelphia area. Thanks.

Good question, and it's always best to use someone whos'e work you've seen and admired! I have a guy in NY, but it's probably a hike for you...

this is gonna be my first tat and probably only one...

but yeah coopie your right I dont know of anyone I m not into the scene, I live in central Jersey... NY city is not to far away, but South NJ by philly is where I live most of the time when I m in college. Im not going for something nuts here, I was gonna do something basic. Maybe yuo can recomend a person or place.

My guy is Chris Koutsis from DaVinci Tattoo in Wantagh (Long ISland).

Chris has tons of pics on DaVinci's website (I don't know the site address) - just google it or something. But Chris has done 3 tats for me and 3 for my wife. Also, sometimes when I see a really cool looking tat I'll tell the person that I like it or whatever and it seems as if half the time I do that and ask who the artist was, it turns out to be Chris!

Very cool guy and very good artist.

Here's the link, I looked it up - www.davincitattoo.com

haha, JBK , you must have it in for me, its ok though, I am just looking for some insight and all opinions are welcome.

I'd see if theres going to be a tat convention any time soon and go there. The best of the best go to those things. J.R.

www.darkimages.com - whole staff is super talented, paul booth is arguably the best in the world (probably long wait to get inked by him)

www.nyadorned.com - chris o'donnell is an amazing artist espescially his large scale work

www.wetattooyou.com - they have 2 shops in jersey, super nice people, and they do amazing black and grey work

www.loujacque.com - solid artist if you dont mind a hike to ct

tattoojr is on the money conventions are great places to get inked by amazing artists.........I'm pretty sure the Philadelphia Tattoo Arts Convention started today and runs through Sunday

just be careful who you choose there are many more crappy artists out there then talented ones and most people getting inked unfortunately cant tell the difference until they actually see a great tattoo in person and compare it to the crap they ended up with

wow..

thanks for all the good feedback-- i like the shop in jerseys work from remos...what do you think it would cost to get a symbol on my left pec around 5 in. pretty basic-black and white, ..maybe an idea? I would probably have to call right?or stop by...going to a convention maybe pretty good, but I would rather go to a shop to not get nailed down by an ok artist, but then again my tat would be pretty basic.

Jahras when you say "black and white"....I'll assume you mean traditional black and grey? White ink is used almost exclusively as a highlighting color, however some people do get white ink tattoos but the effect of white ink differs greatly from person to person in it's visibility and retention on the skin. When you have time you should stop by whatever shop you choose, the artist will design whatever you have in mind, quote you a price, and set a date.

yes, i meant black and gray-not white, the basic no color art...but the advice you along with the others here is great...thanks

If your looking for Black and Grey then go to the convention and look for Jack Ruby, he's the man on that kinda work. Every tat shop has at least 1 page of his flash on the wall. J.C. Flye up in either N.Y or N.J , Its been years ago and the memory is fading did some good wash work on me. J.R.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws