advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Where would a whole new diet and fitness change get me?

haddinsoul

Newbies
I'm 21 years old and currently overweight. I eat fast foods about once a week 2 meals a day (skip breakfast) snacks in-between. I'm lazy. I'm in a chair about almost the whole day. I'm currently 160 pounds 5’5 but my waist is about 32. I'm getting into detail because I want to know how well my training could go in time. Now I wake up at 5 in the mornings to do power cardio 5-6 sets enough reps until I'm tired. I eat 5-6 small meals a day 2-3 hours in-between each meal. I do light cardio around the evening for about 30 minutes.

My question is how would my results be in 2 to 3 months? It's hard to tell not knowing my metabolism and all, but just a guess.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Yuo're right, it IS hard to say.

Yuo want to make sure yuo train with weights several times weekly, too. THe addition of lean muscle is going to raise yuor metabolic rate and help yuo lose fat as well, IF the rest of yuor lifestlye is in line.

It's unrealistic to assume a FAT loss of more than a pound or so a week given yuor stats, though yuor WEIGHT loos might be a little higher initially if yuo're losing a bit of water (wehich the fast food crap, usually high in sodium, with cause yuo to have).

Sounds like yuo're off to a good start, so stay with it!

My question is how would my results be in 2 to 3 months? It's hard to tell not knowing my metabolism and all, but just a guess.
Thanks in advance.

that is a question that cannot be answered. the same like me asking "how much weight can I gain in 3 months on a cycle of ___"

as dad said, looks like you're off to a good start, stay focused and you'll get to your goals.

I'm 21 years old and currently overweight. I'm currently 160 pounds 5’5 but my waist is about 32. Thanks in advance.

Your waist is only 32? Is this around the largest part with not sucking it in, just totally relaxed? If so this is darn lean!! I too am 5'5" and my current measurement under the circumstances I listed first thing in the morning is still just over 34" and I can see my abs pretty good and am by no means "overweight". so you need to clarify....

Whats your bf %? 32 waist seems fine enough really.

Well I'm glad to hear that you are doing something about your weight. Your eating habits sounds good, but you have to have to eat breakfast; it's the most important meal of the day. Eating breakfast can help you lose weight, by helping you not overeat during the day. If you are doing this much cardio as you say, you will see results and lose weight. Besides just consuming protein, try to put some fiber in your diet too, such as whole grain cereals, breads, and vegetables. Diet and exercise are essential for weight loss. Good luck sweetie. Keep up the good job!!

I'm 21 years old and currently overweight. I eat fast foods about once a week 2 meals a day (skip breakfast) snacks in-between. I'm lazy. I'm in a chair about almost the whole day. I'm currently 160 pounds 5’5 but my waist is about 32. I'm getting into detail because I want to know how well my training could go in time. Now I wake up at 5 in the mornings to do power cardio 5-6 sets enough reps until I'm tired. I eat 5-6 small meals a day 2-3 hours in-between each meal. I do light cardio around the evening for about 30 minutes.

Thanks in advance.
Oh and the 5-6 meals I eat no fast food or fried, and no beef. only white-meated chicken.

Congrads on wanting to change your life my friend. It's good to see that you at least know when to get smart about living better and wanting to change that. I believe the reason why most folks are saying they can't answer your 2-3 month question is because they don't know what will be your work out schedule. Or your dietary needs for those months. Or at what intensity % do you plan on training at. Now if you had the advice say of Phil or BigHeinz backing you every step of the way then it would be a sure key that they could give you a "almost" correct number as to where you'll be in 2 to 3 months.

With that said, determination and hard work can take you from the couch to the stage or from a grade school classroom to the White House. It's all up to you on how bad do you want it!

If I run before my breakfast would I burn more fat rather than from running in the evening assuming I burn the same amount of calories ? I heard that since by evening my body would already have good amount of glucose in the blood (from prior meals) I would burn those first and for the same reason I would burn from my stored fat if I run in morning.. how true is this ?

Hey dude. It's tough for me to say how you'll respond.But your diet is in your hands. U can adjust for what u want. Set your goal and adjust as you go.
I find it helps to train in the am.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear