over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Where would Arnold place today?

googie

Newbies
To all the pros and judges here: Where do you think Arnold Schwarzenegger would place in the bodybuilding scene today if he were in his prime? Also, how do you think he got the freaky peaks on his biceps? Here are some photos to consult.

Attachments

• ArnoldSchwarzenegger2.jpg
    ArnoldSchwarzenegger2.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 707
  • as3.jpg
    as3.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 598
If he were competing today he would be a different Arnold.
There is no reason to expect he would pursue the same development model that he had in the 70s.

If there was a clone of his today, in their 20s, competing to win today's shows - I have no doubt he would be at the very top.

if you took him at his all time best and compared him to the top pros of today he would not do very well. as for the freaky peaks on his biceps....he had the right parents. sorry but if you followed his exact arm routine you would probably be disappointed.

give him insulin, HGH, and ungodly amounts of juice he would rock the stage

Arnold vs Ronnie

If you are talking the way Arnold was in the 70s/80s versus the more "enhanced" bodybuilder of today, then this photo mash-up should give you a good idea:

Attachments

• arnie-ronnie.jpg
    arnie-ronnie.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 1,633
I think hes past his time

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 730

Damn, this picture just ruined my mental image of him. Boooo. I guess he didn't take the Stallone injecta-GH route. Oh well. Apparently that's what politics do to you, haha.

If you are talking the way Arnold was in the 70s/80s versus the more "enhanced" bodybuilder of today, then this photo mash-up should give you a good idea:

You know, I've seen that photo before, I think, but just now looked at it closely. I'm not sure about the scale or whether the photo accurately portrays both guys from the same distance to the viewer, but.......Arnies arms are not as separated as Ronnie's, but appear to hold more muscle mass. Same with pecs, one of Arnie's pecs looks like it would weigh what both of Ronnie's would. Lats appear to contain equal mass to Ronnie's, waist is significantly smaller. Ronnie must not be flexing his quads, massive but not near the separation of Arnie's. I would say Arnold comes off quite well in this comparison, almost surprisingly.

I'd love to see what Arnold would look like competing in this era of bodybuilding. He has the genetics to compete at the top level, obviously.

I have a lot of respect for the guy. He has managed to be extremely successful at everything he has decided to do with his life.

-Pack

You take Arnold from the '70s and place him in a lineup today (none of this if he was alive today and fed him like today and supplemented like today) straight place him on the stage and he doesn't get past national qualifying to compete on the pro circuit- Sad but true.

You take Arnold from the '70s and place him in a lineup today (none of this if he was alive today and fed him like today and supplemented like today) straight place him on the stage and he doesn't get past national qualifying to compete on the pro circuit- Sad but true.

Exactly! Im really sick of all this OMFG Arny is GAWD crap! It's usually the teenie bopers, guys that have no idea about Bodybuilding, and wanna-be's that are so quick to jump on the I wanna sex Arny boat.. because thats all they know! It's like all these fake wanna-be claimed "MMA fans" that like Lesnar and all the Ultimate Fighter TV guys haha! They have no clue what MMA is about.. and are just jumpin on the bandwagon with all the other posers!
Arnold would get crushed on everysingle aspect on stage if he were to take his 70's body onto a IFBB show today. Size, Condition, Symmetry.. EVERYTHING! Any IFBB or even any respected NPC comititor would shit all over Arnold so bad it's not funny. He would look like a fitness competitor/GQ model type body now a days.

Last edited:
Exactly! Im really sick of all this OMFG Arny is GAWD crap! It's usually the teenie bopers, guys that have no idea about Bodybuilding, and wanna-be's that are so quick to jump on the I wanna sex Arny boat.. because thats all they know! He would get crushed on everysingle aspect on stage if he were to take his 70's body onto a IFBB show today. Size, Condition, Symmetry.. EVERYTHING! Any IFBB or even any respected NPC comititor would shit all over Arnold so bad it's not funny. He would look like a fitness competitor/GQ model type body now a days.

Everyone knows this bro, obviously his physique is dated in comparison to today's pros. It's stupid to even compare.

I think he has the genetics to compete against today's pros though, all things being equal (drugs/training/knowledge etc).

-Pack

if you took him at his all time best and compared him to the top pros of today he would not do very well. as for the freaky peaks on his biceps....he had the right parents. sorry but if you followed his exact arm routine you would probably be disappointed.

x2

You take arnold from his mid20s and put him on the insane cycles of drugs that todays guys are on with the diet science we have today vs back then and arnold would be mr o.

You take arnold from his mid20s and put him on the insane cycles of drugs that todays guys are on with the diet science we have today vs back then and arnold would be mr o.

pure speculation bro.....the whole thread is a moot point because we will never know. with his inherant cardiac issues, using the extreme dosages and dieting of today, he may not have even survived!!

Again hard to say but whos to say he wasn't doing extreme amounts back then...You just never know and its one that has been hashed over a million times.

LOL. But the pic is a fake. It's a fake that was put out about the time he wrapped up his third Terminator flick.

Who knows how he would do today? Don't know how he'd respond to today's "regimens". But his basic foundation would be a lot better than most of the guys we see today.

I think. :rolleyes:

but with this new "look" could he ever become a star?
his looks were ideal to achieve what he did.

To all the pros and judges here: Where do you think Arnold Schwarzenegger would place in the bodybuilding scene today if he were in his prime? Also, how do you think he got the freaky peaks on his biceps? Here are some photos to consult.

Depends on what the judges were looking for. Truly just a different game then back when he competed.

1st place bitches.

He's ARNOLD!

He would talk shit or Ronnie and Jay for months.

"Jay, you look silly! You look like a tomato can and your calves are the same as my mothers"

Epic!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members