over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Where'd my power go?

BigBoyJ

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Well, here's my problem. Several months ago, while on a test cyp and winny cycle, I started developing MAJOR joint and tendon problems. I had never had any problems with them at all until using the winny. I mean it REALLY screwed me up bad. I had to literally go down to 1/3 of the weights I normally used while working out and even then I often had to stop my workouts because it felt like my tendons were tearing off the bone.

For about the last two months my joints and tendons have been feeling very good again, the pain is totally gone. The problem is that for all those months that I had to train light, I have lost A LOT of strength. I can't do anywhere near the weight I used to do on anything. I don't even really know how to explain what's going on. It's like I just can't get the explosive contractions in the muscle like I used to have.

My question is, what type of routine would you guys recommend for building some pure power? I know that most of us are bodybuilders, but I believe that you will never reach your full potential without having the ability to move some massive poundage. This is kind of a newbie question I guess, but I was always just naturally strong so I didn't have to worry about training for power. Now though, my strength has disappeared and I can't figure out how to get it back. Wierd shit, man.

For pure power i'd stick with very basic lifts. Squats, deadlifts, power cleans, bench press, military press, etc.

It's also a good idea to change up the workout routine every once in awhile in attempt to "shock" the muscles.

Never hurts to try so off the wall type of shit either. For about a solid month, while dieting down, i only did partial reps with moderate weight yet extremely concentrated. Then I'd do another set with more weight and just rip at it. Couldn't tell ya if it helped or not, but the pumps were awesome!

Wiiny makes my joints and tendons hurt, maybe that was your problem? Maybe next cycle use deca.

Thank's, my friends. Yeah Shawn, I figured it would be best to go back to nothing but the basics for a couple months. My explosive power has just been wiped out. I was training very light and doing very slow concentrated reps. I haven't lost any size really, it's just that I trained my body in a direction that seemed to be extremely counter-productive to power.

And yeah Stackdizzy, it was definitely the winny. That was the first time I ever used it and most likely will be the last. I liked the effects that it had as far as hardening my physique, but it's just not worth it if I can't train properly for months. I guess I must have had a worse reaction to it than most people, but it really kicked my ass.

So, does anyone know of any websites or anything with good info on increasing explosive power? Or should I just start going with the basics again and explode as hard as possible on the concentric portion of each movement?

Also, I seem to remember reading that Charles Poliquin recommends taking 4 seconds on the eccentric portion of a lift and 1 second on the concentric portion. Does that seem like a good idea, or should I just focus on the concentric portion for a while and take about 1 second for each phase of the lift?

Thank's Paul, that's what I needed.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity