over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Where's the beef??!

shime258

Newbies
So I usually get all my meat from local butchers and avoid big brands such as Tyson but every once in awhile a sale brings me to the dark side. I recently stocked up on lean ground turkey from shady brook and by time I got to my last package i started weighing out my portions and was stunned to find out that from a 16oz package I was only able to get 2 6oz portions. Has anyone else found they have been shorted this bad from big meat companies? I understand that some fat is in the meat and will cook off but 4oz seems way too much.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Was the uncooked weight still 16oz? Assuming you weighed it beforehand.

Most big brands will add a saline solution or some sort of sodium to preserve the meat, so it can stay in the isles longer and also to "beef up" the meat.

I used to buy frozen chicken breasts years ago and on a student budget, you should have seen those chicken breast shrink as you are cooking them, they probably lost half their weight :eek::eek:

Yea I never even thought about all the added water/solution. It was weighed post cooking so it makes sense. Def sticking to butchers were the meat is just that, meat.

I have same problems with chicken,even worst in local butchers. For last year i use to get sick every second week by eating chicken,so i decided to eat turkey,beef or fish,4months without gut problem,they inject water inside to make a wheight but i noticed that chickens colour is quite darkish,that means that water inside stays to long and bacteria starts grow,never get same situation with turkey because they cut in front of me

i use butterball ground turkey and after cooking i end up with about the same as you do.
it's 15 percent fat by weight, plus water, so it'll shrink up. you still have the protein of 8oz raw as u do afterwards, so whats the big deal, i say.

seriously what did you expect? the meat to retain all weight post cooking? lol you gotta factor in too most people suck at cooking and so they will lose more than someone who knows how to cook something and have it be juicy and not dry as a board.

Yea I never even thought about all the added water/solution. It was weighed post cooking so it makes sense. Def sticking to butchers were the meat is just that, meat.

Why would you weigh it post cooking??

So when one says they have 10oz of chicken for a meal, should it be assumed that is the weight before it is cooked?

Y weigh it before hand? If i want 10oz off meat which is about 60grms protein. I than cook it i have maybe 6oz or 36grms protein. Huge differance. Because i bet u guys tracking your macros are counting it at 60grms protein or y else would u weigh it out before hand. But your falling short on your macros, way short. Assuming most do this 3 or 4 times a day, your cheating yourself nearly a 100grms protein daily.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws