over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

WHEW! I was a bit worried...

homonunculus

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Fellas,

Jack H. got me to thinking last night - I have show in about 6 weeks and I can't find my damn CALVES!!! I lied in bed for hours, trying the sleep, but only wondering where in the hell I had left them. Were they in the garage?... Did I leave them in a pair of boots?... Did they get snagged at the gym? God, maybe those internet stories about people waking up in the bathtub with a missing kidney were true and someone stole my calves the same way!!! To make matters even worse, I had planned on training calves this morning, so I was really in a panic.

So, there I was, in my home gym, pining away on a bench and wondering how in SAM HELL I was going to train my calves if they're not there - my feet just floppin' around all over the place... Just as I felt the first tear start to roll down my cheek as I imagined how silly I would look on stage without calves, a warm feeling of bliss overcame me. I opened my eyes, looked down, and HALLELUYAH - my calves were BACK!!!

I got so excited I bounced inside (on my new springy calves, mind you), grabbed my digital camera took a quick pic to show my Bro's at ProfessionalMuscle.

Moral of the story: Count your muscle groups - you never know when one might come up missing...

-Randy

(Jack if you're reading this, I'm totally screwin' around, Bro. Hope you got a kick out of it!!! LOL.)

Attachments

• randyscalves.jpg
    randyscalves.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 854
Calves HELL - Where'd you find them VEINS! :D

xcel

glad to see ya got them back, id tape them on this time ,wouldnt want to see ya loose them again lol

hahaha very funny

Randy, I would like to know your theories on calf training. Also your opinion of SEO's and if you should train any different while using them.

da man

those aint calves those are cows....hope all is well homo, TH and I are still pluggin` away!!!! check ur pm`s too

U got that much vascularity 6 weeks out???
Bastard! :mad:

Randy...damn calves are bigger than my quads! :D Glad to see you found them. I was beginning to wonder if someone ate them as you had a "Pig" picture on your face...maybe someone was hungry for bacon? ;)

Pretty vascular for six weeks out...legs look awesome bro!

-slide

Thanks guys!

Slide,

Yep, that thought did run through my mind - now that I'm dieting, I have been having dreams of knawing on chicken legs and thought maybe.... LOL ;)

Thanks for the comments on vascularity, too, guys. I don't seem to put much fat on my legs, especially in the past year or so when I haven't been looking like Lee Priest's off-season cousin.

Gn, Good question.

Here's my take:
The *main* muscle you're really trying to hypertrophy in teh calves is the gastrocnemius, which is, according to biopsy studies NOT a predominantly slow twitch (endurance oriented, type I, etc.-Of course there is individual variability and slight differences between the medial and lateral heads). Its mainly called into play during powerful movements like sprinting or jumping, ergo its fiber type: fast twitch, high energy supply, etc, but is used during the day perhaps more than muscles of the upper body.

The idea that it is a slow-twitch muscle has given rise to the notion that it requires higher reps / volume to grow. I can't seem to find any direct or even indirect evidence that the stimulus for type I and type II fiber growth differs in this way, either in the animal or human research. In fact, it makes sense to me, given that a good stimulus for adaptation is one that requires the fibers to perform in a way that they *are not accustomed to*, that even if the gastroc. were type I (slow, endurance, etc.) or since it is probably used more so than, for example, the pec musculature during most daily activities, it would be best then to train it in a fashion the requires HIGH LOADS (much force), little endurance etc., not in a way that it is accustomed to.

IMHO, the most important feature of resistance exercise that makes it a great stimulus for muscle hypertrophy is that it demands high force. So, given the choice to just train one way (a shitty choice, BTW), I would do several sets of 5-8 reps - basically HIT style.

However, VARIETY is the spice of training, and I find that I do respond to training calves with high volume, lower rest interval, lighter weights. They seem to have a high rate of recovery, so I can train them more frequently than 1x / week. Currently I'm doing 4-5 set EOD or so (at least 2x/ week), alternating between heavy days (6-10 reps, 3-5 min rest) and "light" days(12-20 reps, ~1:00 rest).

As far as SEO, I've never used it. I've done site injections, but not with the intent really of getting growth - mainly just for site rotation.

Big A is our resident SEO expert. Check his article - I think its a sticky in the main forum.

Again, thanks for the comments. (Wonder where Jack is?... ;) )

-Randy

Calves look good to me. With Quads like you have, who would ever look at your calves.

Re: Thanks guys!

Again, thanks for the comments. (Wonder where Jack is?... ;) )

-Randy [/B]

Jack's off.
For now....:D

Dude what the hell was all that shit about your calves? :confused:
I'll take em- they are very good and vascular too.

Re: Re: Thanks guys!

MikeS said:

Jack's off.
For now....:D

Dude what the hell was all that shit about your calves? :confused:
I'll take em- they are very good and vascular too.

Reminded me of the character played by Richard Prior in a movie (war / comedy). They were interrogating him in a far east prison camp and when they ask his name, he tells the Jack.... Jack Meoff... 8)

Thanks for the compliments, Mike. Who knows what Jack's all about - guess I'd lump him into the harmless, but fun group of trolls...

-R

good pics..........nothing like photo graphic evidence!!!

Take it...take it..back.....Jack shouldn't a been talkin' smack!!! < that is about as ethnic as I get!!>

now stop making us all jealous you lean bastard!:D

those are some impressive wheels you got there.......not real sure what they hell jack was talking about though...LOL!

patk

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity