over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whey and diarrhea

monstrinh000

Registered
I've been getting more intense side effects from whey lately. The usual slight nausea/gas has become stronger after I consume my shakes and I had about 3 episodes of diarrhea from my protein shakes (ON WHEY) during the last week. I have been taking ON WHEY for a long period now and never had a diarrhea problem. Maybe a little nausea here and there, normal slight discomfort from whey but never diarrhea.

It's like my body has developed a "rejection reaction" from my shake.

Would you guys say it's a brand issue or there is a chance my body has developed an allergy type thing.

I never had digestion problems and really pay attention to my gut health. I eat some fermented foods and sup, get my pre and pro bionics and I'm very regular. Whey is the only thing that has been disrupting my digestion.

I've been getting more intense side effects from whey lately. The usual slight nausea/gas has become stronger after I consume my shakes and I had about 3 episodes of diarrhea from my protein shakes (ON WHEY) during the last week. I have been taking ON WHEY for a long period now and never had a diarrhea problem. Maybe a little nausea here and there, normal slight discomfort from whey but never diarrhea.

It's like my body has developed a "rejection reaction" from my shake.

Would you guys say it's a brand issue or there is a chance my body has developed an allergy type thing.

I never had digestion problems and really pay attention to my gut health. I eat some fermented foods and sup, get my pre and pro bionics and I'm very regular. Whey is the only thing that has been disrupting my digestion.

my suggestion would be to stop consuming whey, at least for a period of time.

consider looking into TrueNutrition's beef isolate/egg white protein powders. Ideally you should be consuming whole food in all of your meals.

People that have never been lactose intolerant, can actually develop it the order they get. it happened to me. I drank whole milk my entire life until about 30 and i developed lactose intolerance.

Also maybe ON bought a cheaper form of Whey and its effecting you. They don't have to buy quality protein if they are trying to increase their margin. No rules. THis is just a thought and by no means a fact about ON.

WIth all this said, i personally believe this is the purest protein and the highest quality protein on the market> True Nutrition | Whey Protein Isolate Cold-Filtration (1lb)

Or any protein from TN. I have used them exclusively for about 6-8 years and never had any digestion issues, unlike other proteins i have tried.

Certain lower quality brands or products can do that to me, when I switch to something a little more "cleaner" I have zero issues. I have no issues with Dymatize iso-100.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Yeah and each person can react differently to different brands. Its weird you say that as Dymatize was the worse on my system i have ever tried. Horrible gas and bloating.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm currently stationed in a country where they do not have True nutrition products available. But i'll be in the U.S. very soon for work and I have already ordered why iso from true nutrition. Let's what it does to me.

With my schedule and appetite whey is just perfect.

try switching up the brand if that pissible...even tho ON is one of my favs..

im really startin to think whey is useless...

I drink one a day for breakfast with yogurt and fruit in there.

I use tuna as a supplement to my diet...3 7oz. cans of tuna is 100grams of protein.works way better than whey.

tuna and orange juice in a blender is useless also...just eat the tuna.

Sounds like me i looked into some Digestive enzymes it might help you as well.
Switch brands or drink in water if you have been drinking it in milk as the others say.

They have a test for IBS . Irritable bowel Syndrome. If it's untreated it can ruin your life.

I'd recommend a different protein powder.

As mentioned above...

I personally switched from whey to Beef isolate and couldnt be happier...

The only 2 protein products I can use without gas, diarrhea, and bloating is True Nutrition and Synthepure, all the other brands I have tried all gave me horrible bloating and gas, I always assumed it was from all the fillers and extra they add. I have Ulcerative Colitis so my guts are a little sensitive anyways, but I stick with the above brands and have never had an issue.

Last edited:
The only 2 protein products I can use without gas, diarrhea, and bloating is True Nutrition and Synthepure, all the other brands I have tried all gave me horrible bloating and gas, I always assumed it was from all the fillers and extra they add. I have Ulcerative Colitis so my guts are a little sensitive anyways, but I stick with the above brands and have never had an issue.
and if you worked for uncle buds protein that would also be the only one...lol

I figured I would get that but seriously I have used them for 3 years now and have only had that code 1 month, I just figured since I use them all the time and recommend them I should have my own code, nobody has to believe me I know what works for me, I am not promoting you can just keep using your JUNK protein and I will use what I use. Ask anyone on here most of them will agree. Quit clogging up the thread with bullshit. :D

Last edited:
I figured I would get that but seriously I have used them for 3 years now and have only had that code 1 month, I just figured since I use them all the time and recommend them I should have my own code, nobody has to believe me I know what works for me, I am not promoting you can just keep using your JUNK protein and I will use what I use. Ask anyone on here most of them will agree. Quit clogging up the thread with bullshit. :D

sorry, i guess im "fooled by inferior protein" bahahahahaha

So you've been here for nearly 4 years and think that because someone has a discount code through TrueNutrition that they work for them? Idiocracy runs rampant through this forum

Ok just an update,

Got to the U.S. today and took my first ever truprotein whey iso coconut chico flavor and I got no sides. Pretty amazing. I donna if it was coincidence or the stuff is really better quality. I'll have another shake tomorrow and see and report.

Ok just an update,

Got to the U.S. today and took my first ever truprotein whey iso coconut chico flavor and I got no sides. Pretty amazing. I donna if it was coincidence or the stuff is really better quality. I'll have another shake tomorrow and see and report.

His coco nut is delish.

So you've been here for nearly 4 years and think that because someone has a discount code through TrueNutrition that they work for them? Idiocracy runs rampant through this forum

so you been here just as long as me and don't realize im busting his chops? boy you are retarded..

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member