over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whey hydrosylate vs. EAA ? Quick protein

Biggerp73

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
New job started and the way the time works out I need to workout around 4.5 hours after lunch, and since I eat every 5 hours, that puts me in a weird position. Thinking I would get some EAA/dextrose to sip on my way, but then I got to thinking whey hydrosylate should absorb just as fast as EAA (since it's hydrosylate), and it's usually much cheaper as well.

What do you guys think. And if you don't doubt that hydrosylate hits the blood stream as fast as EAA does, then why would you ever use EAA which are more expensive?

hydro would definitely be better I think. I do believe eaa hit you faster, but I think that’s only gonna matter intra workout. Pre workout you’ll be fine with the hydro and it’s more of a whole food than eaa, especially since it sounds like you’re essentially counting this as one of your daily meals

Scott Stevenson did a video about this recently.

Reactions: Cdn
1/2 serving EAA/Liquid egg whites pre 1/2 serving EAA intra. I've found whey to bog down my stomach and interfere with training
This is the case for me too personally….but I do still believe hydro whey to be the better option even though I can’t use it pre workout

if you do not have the option to eat a meal, just drink a whey shake + oatmeal + what oil if you have fat in a given meal

why complicate life

x2

Just drink the shake about 60 mins pre workout to give you some time to digest it, prevent possible nausea but still have that fuller feeling. It's replacing a meal so you want to have a balanced shake of protein, complex carbs and a little fat.

I bought like 350$ worth at TN and was looking over hydrolyzed whey and said it came from milk. I wasn't sure it was the kind that digested faster than isolate so I held off, there ultra grade and different grades

I got some from another good company . Predigested eaas get in what like three minutes, so these are ideal intra workout

As mentioned BCAAs can be mixed with egg whites or anything or even alone between meals with adaquate eaa levels in between

I bought like 350$ worth at TN and was looking over hydrolyzed whey and said it came from milk. I wasn't sure it was the kind that digested faster than isolate so I held off, there ultra grade and different grades

I got some from another good company . Predigested eaas get in what like three minutes, so these are ideal intra workout

As mentioned BCAAs can be mixed with egg whites or anything or even alone between meals with adaquate eaa levels in between
All whey is made from milk , the different ty are the way it's processed

I think pepto pro was the fastest absorbing whole protein wasent it ??

What is the degree of hydrolysis on hydro whey you are talking about? Isolated hydro? nowadays it's not mentioned on UK supp sites

Yes, Matt Porter recommended this too. The problem is the price lol
So did dante. There was a long thread about it years back to that because it was so fast absorbing it could have negative effects if another protein source wasn’t consumed post workout and there was an upper limit on how much you wanted at a time. I believe the consensus was 10-15 grams

So did dante. There was a long thread about it years back to that because it was so fast absorbing it could have negative effects if another protein source wasn’t consumed post workout and there was an upper limit on how much you wanted at a time. I believe the consensus was 10-15 grams

Many would combine small-moderate amounts of peptopro and eaa's together.

Most likely where Matt got the info, Dante is the man. Interesting how that would cause a negative effect, but I noticed the recommended was always lower than standard protein

Interesting

eaas intra with karboload, creatine, glutamine , carnitine, citrulline, beta alanine, etc haven't tried hcbb as karboload seems to be a great fasting acting carb source with not much or no stomach discomfort something like dextrose can cause. Maybe TN will put in hcbb in the mystery box I got in on or hydrolyzed whey

Then hydrolyzed whey 20 grams with 40 fast acting carbs, little to no fat maybe 3 grams fat when get home

Half hour later 20 gs whey isolate 40 grams fast acting with maybe 5 grams fat

Then hour later something like 40 protein from lean meat, 40 carbs , maybe 10-15 grams fat

Many would combine small-moderate amounts of peptopro and eaa's together.
That’s what I did. 10 grams each. But that was back when pepto pro was 19.99 a pound. Now it’s like 39

I went ahead and bought 5lbs of a blend that is 50% whey hydro and 50% whey isolate. It was cheaper than pure hydro options, and I figure I don't need the entire bolus in hydro form, but only some of it.

As far as using regular whey one hour prior, it just wouldn't be feasible given by schedule. I'm teaching class at the end of the day so I can't really make a shake while teaching, and I don't want to wait until an hour after I'm off work to get to the gym because that would mean I'm getting home too late from the gym so that I end up missing a whole lot of my Oakland Athletics baseball games. 😁

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws