over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whey hydrosylate vs. EAA ? Quick protein

Check out the ingredient list. Casein is slow, but when you chemically digest it it literally moves through your intestinal tract in like 10 minutes

Attachments

• 26907F72-4358-468D-9558-A8DB49F436FF.png
    26907F72-4358-468D-9558-A8DB49F436FF.png
    315.1 KB · Views: 10
Check out the ingredient list. Casein is slow, but when you chemically digest it it literally moves through your intestinal tract in like 10 minutes
That chart whatever that is that ingredient nutrition facts doesn't show me anything. Is there something I'm supposed to be looking for?

That chart whatever that is that ingredient nutrition facts doesn't show me anything. Is there something I'm supposed to be looking for?
Bruh, what are you not getting about this? Peptopro is the fastest absorbing whole protein in existence. It’s also made from casein that has been hydrolyzed(pre digested)

Attachments

• 631DA576-1F80-4E5C-B4C9-A98B85E95AB8.png
    631DA576-1F80-4E5C-B4C9-A98B85E95AB8.png
    269.5 KB · Views: 11
Bruh, what are you not getting about this? Peptopro is the fastest absorbing whole protein in existence. It’s also made from casein that has been hydrolyzed(pre digested)
I'm not educated on Pepto pro

I'm not educated on Pepto pro
Ok. My bad for jumping your ass a bit there. It’s been a long day. Basically, casein take 6-8 hours to fully digest because it clots in your stomach. Hydrolyzing it to a high degree completely removes the need for digestion and it literally starts entering your blood stream within seconds to a few minutes after consuming depending on if there’s Any thing else in your stomach to slow it down. It is very fast. Faster than eaa In my experience

Ok. My bad for jumping your ass a bit there. It’s been a long day. Basically, casein take 6-8 hours to fully digest because it clots in your stomach. Hydrolyzing it to a high degree completely removes the need for digestion and it literally starts entering your blood stream within seconds to a few minutes after consuming depending on if there’s Any thing else in your stomach to slow it down. It is very fast. Faster than eaa In my experience
Ok ,it's all good. That's why I prefer casein before bed , even a scoop mixed in Greek yogurt. Nice flavors out casein out there as well go well with a lot

Hydrolyzed casein peptopro faster than eaas, hmmm ok. Do you know if in pre disgested eaas hydrolyzed?

Ok ,it's all good. That's why I prefer casein before bed , even a scoop mixed in Greek yogurt. Nice flavors out casein out there as well go well with a lot

Hydrolyzed casein peptopro faster than eaas, hmmm ok. Do you know if in pre disgested eaas hydrolyzed?
I don’t believe tou can hydrolyzed an eaa because it’s already a separate amino. But I’m telling tou I can down 20-30 grams eaas and be absolutely fine, but 15 gramps of pepto pro and I start going hypo in about 15 minutes if I haven’t had carbs

May I ask where you found this?
Man it’s been years since this stuff hit the scene and dante was talking about it here on PM. Lemme see what I can dig up. It’s mostly gone out of favor because the price doubled so even John Meadows took it out of his products and replaced it with eaa.

From the way I understand it, in Layman's Terms, is that the body does not absorb EAA's without first assembling the individual amino acid into a proper protein stand. Thus this necessary step makes eaa absorption slower than that of hydrolyzed proteins, which as mentioned are actual protein strands that have been pre-digested.

Here is a good study if you want to read on the subject:

Cliff notes:

"Absorption of three tripeptides has been investigated in man (Craft et al. 1968; Silk et al. 19743; Adibi et al. 1975). During in vivo intestinal perfusion studies (Silk et al. 1974b; Adibi et al. 1975), the rate of amino acid uptake has been shown to be significantly greater from tripeptide than from corresponding free amino acid solutions"

"Initial experiments were performed using two hydrolysates of casein and one each of fish protein and lactalbumin (Silk et al. 1973a, 19753, 198~1). Several consistent features of the experiments emerged. The first related to the extreme variability that occurred in the extent of absorption of amino acid residues from the free amino acid mixtures. This variability in amino acid uptake was not nearly so marked, however, during intestinal perfusion of the four protein hydrolysates. The reason for this was that many of the amino acid residues that were absorbed poorly from the free amino acid mixtures were absorbed to a significantly greater extent from the protein hydrolysates. Finally, with the exception of the studies with the fish-protein hydrolysate (Fairclough et al. 1980), total absorption of a-amino acid-nitrogen was greater during perfusion of the protein hydrolysates than from the equivalent free amino acid mixtures (Silk et al. 1973a, 1975b, 1980). Intestinal perfusion studies have shown that the kinetic advantage conferred by peptides on the rates of amino acid transport is maintained even when the absorptive function of intestinal mucosa is reduced as, for example, in untreated adult coeliac disease (Adibi et al. 1974; Silk et al. 1974~). There is, moreover, experimental evidence from animal studies suggesting that long-term protein restriction causes a decrease in the absorption of free amino acids but not peptides (Lis et al. 1972). In the light of these findings, and taking into consideration also the possibility that the more ‘even’ uptake of amino acid residues from partial enzymic hydrolysates of whole protein (as compared with that from free amino acids) has a beneficial effect on protein synthesis (Payne & Matthews, 1975), we believe that there could be advantages in using such partial hydrolysates rather than free amino acids as the N source in ‘chemically-defined elemental’ enteral diets (Silk, 1980). These diets have a preferred use in the nutritional management of patients with severely-impaired gastrointestinal function."

"In subsequent studies (Keohane et al. 1981) we have shown that both the type of starter protein and hydrolysis method influence absorptive properties in the human small intestine. In the first of two studies designed to investigate the influence of peptide chain-length, substantially faster absorption was observed from a low-molecular-weight (MW) lactalbumin hydrolysate containing peptides with a predominant chain-length of two to five residues than from a higher-MW lactalbumin hydrolysate containing peptides with a predominant chain-length of ten to fifteen residues (P. P. Keohane, G. K. Grimble, B. Higgins, M. Kaminski and D. B. A. Silk, unpublished results). Our most recent work (Rees et al. 1984), an extention of the latter experiments, has further shown that significantly faster absorption occurred from two ovalbumin hydrolysates containing a predominance of di- and tripeptides than from a third that contained a predominance of tetra and pentapeptides. Under the conditions of our perfusion technique in which pancreatic enzyme activity is excluded, it would seem that maximum rates of absorption occur from protein hydrolysates when they contain peptides that are capable of being absorbed intact in the unhydrolysed form (i.e. di- and tripeptides)."

Pepto pro is ultra hydrolzyed casein and it absorbs faster than anything.

A good while back I read about this Norwegian hydrolyzed Salmon protein that was supposedly the fastest of all. At that time I couldn't find the raw material so never tried it.

Of course it is up to the individual and the reason for using a Hydrolyzed form of a protein & the source(there are many). For some it is allergens, others have GI issues and can not tolerate regular concentrates/isolates/etc. PeptoPro would be a good choice! For taste & low-no other Ingredients; I like ON Platinum Hydro and Dymatize ISO 100 @ Sam’s or Costco. The Orange Dreamsicle is incredible! Definitely have to pay extra for the peptopro or other pre-digested proteins.

Max
IMO/IME

Here is a good study if you want to read on the subject:

Cliff notes:

"Absorption of three tripeptides has been investigated in man (Craft et al. 1968; Silk et al. 19743; Adibi et al. 1975). During in vivo intestinal perfusion studies (Silk et al. 1974b; Adibi et al. 1975), the rate of amino acid uptake has been shown to be significantly greater from tripeptide than from corresponding free amino acid solutions"

"Initial experiments were performed using two hydrolysates of casein and one each of fish protein and lactalbumin (Silk et al. 1973a, 19753, 198~1). Several consistent features of the experiments emerged. The first related to the extreme variability that occurred in the extent of absorption of amino acid residues from the free amino acid mixtures. This variability in amino acid uptake was not nearly so marked, however, during intestinal perfusion of the four protein hydrolysates. The reason for this was that many of the amino acid residues that were absorbed poorly from the free amino acid mixtures were absorbed to a significantly greater extent from the protein hydrolysates. Finally, with the exception of the studies with the fish-protein hydrolysate (Fairclough et al. 1980), total absorption of a-amino acid-nitrogen was greater during perfusion of the protein hydrolysates than from the equivalent free amino acid mixtures (Silk et al. 1973a, 1975b, 1980). Intestinal perfusion studies have shown that the kinetic advantage conferred by peptides on the rates of amino acid transport is maintained even when the absorptive function of intestinal mucosa is reduced as, for example, in untreated adult coeliac disease (Adibi et al. 1974; Silk et al. 1974~). There is, moreover, experimental evidence from animal studies suggesting that long-term protein restriction causes a decrease in the absorption of free amino acids but not peptides (Lis et al. 1972). In the light of these findings, and taking into consideration also the possibility that the more ‘even’ uptake of amino acid residues from partial enzymic hydrolysates of whole protein (as compared with that from free amino acids) has a beneficial effect on protein synthesis (Payne & Matthews, 1975), we believe that there could be advantages in using such partial hydrolysates rather than free amino acids as the N source in ‘chemically-defined elemental’ enteral diets (Silk, 1980). These diets have a preferred use in the nutritional management of patients with severely-impaired gastrointestinal function."

"In subsequent studies (Keohane et al. 1981) we have shown that both the type of starter protein and hydrolysis method influence absorptive properties in the human small intestine. In the first of two studies designed to investigate the influence of peptide chain-length, substantially faster absorption was observed from a low-molecular-weight (MW) lactalbumin hydrolysate containing peptides with a predominant chain-length of two to five residues than from a higher-MW lactalbumin hydrolysate containing peptides with a predominant chain-length of ten to fifteen residues (P. P. Keohane, G. K. Grimble, B. Higgins, M. Kaminski and D. B. A. Silk, unpublished results). Our most recent work (Rees et al. 1984), an extention of the latter experiments, has further shown that significantly faster absorption occurred from two ovalbumin hydrolysates containing a predominance of di- and tripeptides than from a third that contained a predominance of tetra and pentapeptides. Under the conditions of our perfusion technique in which pancreatic enzyme activity is excluded, it would seem that maximum rates of absorption occur from protein hydrolysates when they contain peptides that are capable of being absorbed intact in the unhydrolysed form (i.e. di- and tripeptides)."
Exactly. And peptopro contains more di and tri peptides than any other commercial protein I know if.

Of course it is up to the individual and the reason for using a Hydrolyzed form of a protein & the source(there are many). For some it is allergens, others have GI issues and can not tolerate regular concentrates/isolates/etc. PeptoPro would be a good choice! For taste & low-no other Ingredients; I like ON Platinum Hydro and Dymatize ISO 100 @ Sam’s or Costco. The Orange Dreamsicle is incredible! Definitely have to pay extra for the peptopro or other pre-digested proteins.

Max
IMO/IME
Dymatize iso 100 sits really well woth me, and basically every protein bothers me. I like to use the fruity pebble flavored one as milk for half box of fruity pebbles post workout

Exactly. And peptopro contains more di and tri peptides than any other commercial protein I know if.
I should have said that the study confirms what you were saying about Peptopro, your message wasn´t getting through at first but now it hopefully is.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear