over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

WHEY ISOLATE/OATS shakes vs FOOD

s.norman

Registered
the reason for my topic is not b/c i am too lazy to prepare my own food (i would if i could) it is b/c 100% of the time on any aas or any dose i react the same way: extreme nausea, stomach acid, gerd, acid reflux and trips to the ER B/C of hiccups (caused by acid) lasting more than 24 hr...its like clockwork shortly after beginning a cycle i am brought to my knees from the above symptoms and as soon as i stop-THEIR GONE!

i am getting stellar results from BLAND shakes at about 5k cals a day so i must be doing something right..do you think i can get the same gains using ISOL/OAT shakes as i would w/ food? i really dont have a choice my stomach gets completely fucked up when on..i can feel the acid in my mouth as i burp it up and im not willing to go thru ER visits and all this hell..shakes are very bland but even then i take dexilant and nexium to kleep acid in check..I HAVE NO OTHER OPTIONS..or do i?? need opinions

Damn man sorry about your situation...but its awesome that you are still fighting through that and making progress. They are people far more knowledgable than me who I'm sure will give opinions but imo if you are getting great results doing what you're doing while reducing the side effects then keep it up. Good luck!

thanx for the words of encouragement bro..thats exactly what im doing fighting thru the adversity to find another way to make progress..i am a fighter and will not yield to my demons PERIOD

Some compounds have to make it worse than others, also I'm sure it's diet related at least to some extent.

If not already, get your doctor to prescribe you something. I had bad acid reflux and it ulcerated my esophogus, which can lead to barrett's esophagus and then cancer. Get it taken care of. I agree with Kaladryn also, a lot of it is diet related. Mine would happen no matter what I ate though. I could not even get food down my throat, I would throw it right back up.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrett%27s_esophagus"]Barrett's esophagus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I'll concur with the other intelligent comments above. This is not a case of its time to be a meathead and continue banging away at the same thing expecting a different result. With all the problems mentioned in the OP this is about being smarter. Forget the stupidity of not yielding to demons. Address the root cause of these issues rather than band-aid work around solutions. Figure out why you have these problems first. Its likely a combination of certain compounds you cannot have either by themselves or in combo with other compounds.
For me I've dropped tren for life due to many of the same GI issues the OP had. I have dropped EQ for life due to what it does to my bloodwork. Address and then solve the problem first and foremost.

I agree with all of the above. Regarding the thread title I think everything has a place. Overall whole food is superior to me but shakes are highly effective for numerous reasons. If shakes are working for you then use them. But as others have stated try and find out the root cause of your issues so your able to eat properly.

Some guys will act like your lazy or your diet is crap if you have alot of shakes but don't listen to those guys. I have chatted to some great bodybuilders and many of them rely heavily on shakes. I know a few guys that use shakes for 80% of their diet and they look great. It's a convenient way of getting in the amount of calories many of us need. I think balance is key though. Rotating a whole food meal with a shake is a simple system to follow. Due to my budget I have alot of shakes and I am progressing by using them. I lowered them recently and my progress has stalled as I am not getting in the amount of protein/calories I need.

Any cold processed whey isolate is fine.

But eat solid proteins right before bed...

You can definitely make progress. I have done great with breakfast(eggs and veg), 4 shakes(oats, protein blend, coconut oil) during the day, and dinner(meat and veg). Easy to monitor this way too.

I'm usually late for class in the morning, and just blend everything I'd normally eat into a shake and add a scoop of protein for good measure:

Something similar to this usually:

1/2 banana
1c oats
3-5 eggs (just toss em in raw)
2-3 liquid egg whites
1 scoop team skip formula or similar blend of fast/slow proteins
water or milk depending on calories needed

BOOM, mostly whole foods right? :p

To get the calories in oats + whey or any other liquid blend is fine, there is no evidence to suggest otherwise. For a certain cosmetic look for example at contest time you would probably see a difference in how your body looks from whole foods vs only shakes and powder but in terms of growth of body mass and getting the calories in there is no issue at all.

I'm usually late for class in the morning, and just blend everything I'd normally eat into a shake and add a scoop of protein for good measure:

Something similar to this usually:

1/2 banana
1c oats
3-5 eggs (just toss em in raw)
2-3 liquid egg whites
1 scoop team skip formula or similar blend of fast/slow proteins
water or milk depending on calories needed

BOOM, mostly whole foods right? :p

Some of these shake recipes seem like they would take longer to prepare than just cooking egg whites and oats lol

Some of these shake recipes seem like they would take longer to prepare than just cooking egg whites and oats lol

LOL yea it would seem that way, but the oats aren't instant (takes several minutes to cook, this would be the longest part) and then the actual eating process takes quite awhile for me. The whole shake process takes about 4minutes start to down my throat.

Now with summer approaching (it's already been up to 85 here), hot breakfast eaten quickly = me sweating before I'm out the door (I'm poor, house tends to be around 80-82 in the summer) soooooooo the shake works out nicely (I freeze the bananas, makes the shake ice cold...tasty!).

the antacid meds have been very helpful in allowing me to continue my cycle..5 weeks ago i started at 215 5"10.5 and now im 250 at 12.3% bf...my gym does caliper testing every month and ive made greeat progress in 5.5 weeks! currently using slin/dymethazine/trenazone (dienolone)

you must try trenazone it is awesome transdermal dries in 5 min and ive gained 7lbs in 1 week..its a non methylated designer that prob wont be around long and i love it..im 45 btw

LOL yea it would seem that way, but the oats aren't instant (takes several minutes to cook, this would be the longest part) and then the actual eating process takes quite awhile for me. The whole shake process takes about 4minutes start to down my throat.

Now with summer approaching (it's already been up to 85 here), hot breakfast eaten quickly = me sweating before I'm out the door (I'm poor, house tends to be around 80-82 in the summer) soooooooo the shake works out nicely (I freeze the bananas, makes the shake ice cold...tasty!).

Ahh ok yeah I mean it's definitely a good way to go...I just like to eat and the shake would go down too quickly lol. I have made them before with protein, egg whites, berries, flavored oats, peanut butter, stuff like that and they are great if in a crunch for time or have a bunch of meals to eat on the run.

very sick tonite been vomiting and i really feel the stomach acid...its all acid and i had nothing even remotely acidic in my diet today. i had mostly shakes and i am disgusted with this problem there had been times tha i feel like quitting b/c of the symptoms. my stomach dr is sick of seeing me and he told me that its steroid related since every time i stop it completely goes away.he said there is nothing else he could do for me and to stop using aas

Im with all the guys who choose food over protein powder. Think when everyone starts they of course pound the whey. I feel like I get better gains off of slow acting protein from chicken/food that is actually digested.

I used to get pretty bad heartburn quite often. Switched to a paleo diet/lifestyle and haven't suffered from heartburn since.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity