over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

whey protein 60 grams ?

bbg420

Registered
sometimes you hear guys say body can only absorb around 30 grams in single serving ,other say that's bullshit ,what do you guys think, my protein shakes are around 60 grams, whats the story there, is the 30 gram rule just a myth or what

Just look at it this way. If the human body could only consume 30g of prot per meal we would have been extinct already.

If that would be true that we only can absorb 30g per meal how do know if the body is ready to absorb another 30g???

Last edited:
let's stop the nonsense you can probably have 100+ grams per meal with no issues with absorption. Please don't listen to silly non scientific nonsense about protein "absorption"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10867039

- study conducted by scientists the National Human Nutrition Research Center (France) had 16 young women eat 79% of the day’s protein (about 54 grams) in one meal or four meals over the course of 14 days.

Researchers found no difference between the groups in terms of protein metabolism.

Furthermore, if we look at the amount of protein in the high-protein meals relative to the average body weight of the participants, it comes out to about 1.17 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight.

Apply that to a man weighing 80 kilograms (176 pounds), and you get about 94 grams of protein in each meal.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk 2

Its not true and it's as dumb as haveing an equation on how big someone can be and still be natural. Everybody is diffrent. I fast and sometimes eat 250 to 300 grams in 2 hours. Usually it's a four hour window though. Works just as well as when I used to eat six meals a day.

Sounded far fetched years ago when I was starting out and didn't know much. Still sounds far fetched after all these years. Your body is efficient and will use as much as it needs to.

thanks guys, yep that's what I was thinking to, that's why my shakes are 60 grams per serving

Given the increased protein synthesis with use of AAS, I'll always err on the side of "more is better".

If I'm going to bust nut at the gym for 2 hours and introduce exogenous testosterone (and other compounds) into my body, I'd prefer to have some excess protein washed away than have my muscles starving for the amino acids they need to recover and grow.

hey bro another question, do those digestive enzymes help a lot, I have now super enzymes ,you think there worth taking

I take them myself. I think they do help especially with the large meals, cheat meals and refeed days.

I never bought into tho 30mg protein story. It doesn't make any sense.

your body will utilize every bit, just depends on the person how much is used for anabolism, energy, or fat gain. so with that being said over consumption can still lead to fat gain.

your body will utilize every bit, just depends on the person how much is used for anabolism, energy, or fat gain. so with that being said over consumption can still lead to fat gain.

Exactly

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity