over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whey protein before bed

Biggerp73

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
Conventional wisdom says whey protein digests too quickly for a pre-bed protein source, but I think it probably takes the body around 4-5 hours to fully digest all the whey protein from a 50g shake anyways, so that would basically cover all your protein needs all night.

What say you?

On what do you base your opinion? Science does not support it.

Yeah if you Google it, just about every site I can find says whey protein digests at about 8-10g/hour

i have why shake before bed. also add some fat for slower digestion. seems to work fine

Whey before bed is fine. As posted above add in some fats such as an avocado. It all depends upon your goals. If you are struggling to grow I would recommend adding more cals before bed. If you just want the extra protein go with that. Generally speaking micellar casein is superior before bed as it will take longer to digest.

Conventional wisdom says whey protein digests too quickly for a pre-bed protein source, but I think it probably takes the body around 4-5 hours to fully digest all the whey protein from a 50g shake anyways, so that would basically cover all your protein needs all night.

What say you?

I always have whey, oats, and olive oil before bed. It does a body good!

Yeah if you Google it, just about every site I can find says whey protein digests at about 8-10g/hour

I thought we left the bro style pseudo-science back in 2008?

Why whey?
Why a shake?
Why not a meal?

Yes, you can have whey. Are there better sources? Of course.
But if you're stuck on whey, add some fats to it.

I believe in a fasted state study I last saw shows whey isolate peaks around 90 minutes.

Just get a casein powder if you're worried.

Whey before bed is fine. As posted above add in some fats such as an avocado. It all depends upon your goals. If you are struggling to grow I would recommend adding more cals before bed. If you just want the extra protein go with that. Generally speaking micellar casein is superior before bed as it will take longer to digest.

Avacado? Are you part mexican? I think I will go with peanut butter.

Avacado? Are you part mexican? I think I will go with peanut butter.

Nut butter as well... that would be perfect. I love cashew butter but any of them would be great. When recommending a fat source to someone online I usually go with avocado. Easy to get and loaded in nutrients. The guy could also put olive oïl or similar in his shake if he wanted to do that. As TOO55 posted a whole food source would be great too. I save the shakes for the times I can't be bothered cooking prebed. If I can you can't really beat some steak and eggs.

What say you?

This is what the bro scientists used to say in like, 2005

My scientific studies have proven that casein before bed provides the most sustained farting effects, helping you create Dutch ovens even if you sleep in way late.

If you take whey before sleep, you need to add fat and vegetables to make some sense. If you use casein or some types of cheese, no.

Mi dinner is broccoli, yolks, butter and casein.

What say you?

I like to just eat eggs before bed. save the whey for before, during and after your workouts when you body needs rapid absorbing protein and aminos

I've been doing it before bed for the past week now, and it seems to be working fine.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131