over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whey protein price increase

Koevoet

Registered
Anyone heard anything about this?

This is a special announcement to let you know that due to cost increases and supply issues with whey protein, all major manufacturers and suppliers will shortly be raising their prices on whey protein products. Unfortunately, our costs are going to go up dramatically and we will need to raise our prices somewhat in order to offset these additional costs. Again, this increase in whey protein pricing is industry wide and completely out of our hands.
At ********.com, we work hard to bring you the very best nutritional supplements at the lowest possible price. As a service to you, our valued customers, we are pledging to maintain the current whey protein product price levels until May 1. We recommend that you stock up now on your favorite protein products!

It's all bullshit.
NZMP who holds the world wide patent for WPI is not increasing their prices.

BUT, the US$ is going down the crapper thanks to Bush, so it would cost US companies more to purchase because of the exchange.

You will find that all the non US based supplemts companies will not increase their prices to the rest of the world, but will to selling to the US, as the US$ is so weak, they have to in order to make a profit.

See, Bush is even hurting your protein shake intake! LOL

You can pretty much blame almost everything on BUSH now, because it's only a FACT that it's all HIS FAULT.

Big A said:
It's all bullshit.

BUT, the US$ is going down the crapper thanks to Bush, so it would cost US companies more to purchase because of the exchange.

You will find that all the non US based supplemts companies will not increase their prices to the rest of the world, but will to selling to the US, as the US$ is so weak, they have to in order to make a profit.

I work directly in this industry and I tend to agree with Big A on this one. This is not the first time this has happened by the way. Everyone across the board (US) has raised their prices by as much as 30-40% for some brands. For instance Dymatize hit us with a 6 dollar per 5lb price increase. Thats huge. ON, Dymatize, Labrada, ect all raised prices. Its getting a bit out of control if you ask me.

Article in today's newspaper talking about the price increasee and the effect on protein supplements:

**broken link removed**

amen...

Big A said:
It's all bullshit.

thats all that pretty much needs to be said!!!

goo

I always order the 50lb special from True Protein and recent order placed was a lot more bucks than the last one just prior to the New Year.

Worldspan

Whey

Besides Synthetek are there any other reputable online companies that sell WPI? I allways ordered from USA because of perceived quality...now I am trying to look for an alternative near AU or NZ.

SAWADEEKROB said:
Besides Synthetek are there any other reputable online companies that sell WPI? I allways ordered from USA because of perceived quality...now I am trying to look for an alternative near AU or NZ.

TP is the only other one that I know off.

BIG A you said that “You will find that all the non US based supplemts companies will not increase their prices to the rest of the world, but will to selling to the US, as the US$ is so weak, they have to in order to make a profit.”

Unfortunately this is bullshit, I can only speak for the situation in Europe but the production in EU is down substantially from a year ago and prices on dry Whey have more than doubled here in the past 2 years. As a result of this, dry whey has become a volatile commodity and since March 19 you can trade in dry Whey on CME.

I work in the industry and know for a fact that companies here in Europe will have no other choice than to raise their prices (On the European market) if they don’t want to go out of business, that’s a fact.

matt0 said:
BIG A you said that “You will find that all the non US based supplemts companies will not increase their prices to the rest of the world, but will to selling to the US, as the US$ is so weak, they have to in order to make a profit.”

Unfortunately this is bullshit, I can only speak for the situation in Europe but the production in EU is down substantially from a year ago and prices on dry Whey have more than doubled here in the past 2 years. As a result of this, dry whey has become a volatile commodity and since March 19 you can trade in dry Whey on CME.

I work in the industry and know for a fact that companies here in Europe will have no other choice than to raise their prices (On the European market) if they don’t want to go out of business, that’s a fact.

Well, then there are unscrupulous people in the industry over there and using the US situation to profit from it. The Euro is strong v the NZ$, so it wouldn't cost EU raw suppliers any more to buy the whey than it cost them 2 years ago.
As a matter of fact, NZMP hasn't increased their prices at least since 2002.

Jman88 said:
Article in today's newspaper talking about the price increasee and the effect on protein supplements:

**broken link removed**

From the article, "Now, at about 79 cents a pound, it's valuable both as animal feed and as a food ingredient exported globally."

I want to buy direct, 79 cents a pound!!! Someones making a hell of a profit, and it doesn't appear to be the farmer...

mrcat said:
From the article, "Now, at about 79 cents a pound, it's valuable both as animal feed and as a food ingredient exported globally."

I want to buy direct, 79 cents a pound!!! Someones making a hell of a profit, and it doesn't appear to be the farmer...

Categorically, 100% that is not grade 1 WPI or even WPC.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear