advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Which all around diet do you feel is better?

Tough Old Man

Kilo Klub Member
For those of you dieting all the time, which diet do you feel works better?

High Proteins and carbs with low fats or High Proteins and fats with low carbs?

Years ago High proteins and fats used to work very well for me and peel the fat right off. Now days it seems that this old fucks diet with low carbs and higher fats doesn't work so well anymore. when I lose weight it seems that my waist stays the same size on the higher fats and on lower fats gets smaller. Is it my age that is creating the difference?

Years ago High proteins and fats used to work very well for me and peel the fat right off. Now days it seems that this old fucks diet with low carbs and higher fats doesn't work so well anymore. when I lose weight it seems that my waist stays the same size on the higher fats and on lower fats gets smaller. Is it my age that is creating the difference?

I'll tell you this much. I'm starting to think a balanced diet, not too far outside ADA guidlines, at a deficit with a good cardio progression works about as well as anything. muscles stay full, endurance and performance don't suffer..

For me: 1g protein per pound of lean body weight, 80g fat, space filled with carbs.. Easy...done... works.

Everyones diet is gonna be different beacause of genetics bro. Whem im bulking i eat 500g protein 400g carbs and 100g fat when im cutting my protein is still at 500 Carbs are cut in half and i stay at around 100g fat it works well for me. My body holds water very easily so i gotta hit a decent amount of cardio when i cut but if i put carbs any lower i look very flat which i hate. Its trial and error for me man diet is the hardest thing to get down.

low carbs, high protein, medium fats and 1 hr cardio a day.........cardio is the key

I was my strongest and felt the very best this past offseason when I was getting 500-550 g protein , 225g fat a day and 200ish g carbs from fruits and some sweet potatoes but mostly from pineapple .

I took all my carbs in by about 2pm , almost all my fat was from grass fed beef and whole eggs

I'll tell you this much. I'm starting to think a balanced diet, not too far outside ADA guidlines, at a deficit with a good cardio progression works about as well as anything. muscles stay full, endurance and performance don't suffer..

For me: 1g protein per pound of lean body weight, 80g fat, space filled with carbs.. Easy...done... works.

Yea i think so too. high protein and a good mix of carbs and fats. i get all my carbs from oats and fruits-fats from meat eggs,peanut butter fish

I do well on High protein,,moderate carbs,,,and a good % of good fats.

Just to clarify, I have nothing against protein. I love protein sources. My only pause on super high protein diets is this: once you have enough protein, it does absolutely no good to keep increasing it at the expense of more efficient fuel sources (carbs). Simply eating more protein does not make you more Anabolic.

I know the majority of people on this website know this and apply their personal experience, which in many cases exceeds mine by a mile. It shocks me, however, on other websites, when you have a bunch of young guys thinking that eating protein beyond their capacity to utilize it will someone create a succes factor.

Consider this: Doctors give premature infants protein at about 1.75g per pound of body weight. You're talking about a human that can double in size in a week or two. No matter how much gear and other goodies and adult male takes, he will never have anything even remotely close to that growth potential. Just food (no pun) for thought.

I think on cycle its worth wacking protein right up but off i do about 200-250. i weigh about 210. I never find any benifit going higher than this off cycle. I love meat and eggs so i couldnt eat less protein if i wanted to:)

i do better on limited carbs...trying to go no carbs multiple times now has gotten me lean but also has made me look flat and stringy without any fullness.

it's all individual when it comes to dieting. i feel the "What's the Best Diet" subject has been beaten to death

everyone is different. Some people look better using option 1, others look better doing option 2. I am firm believer in no one is created equally. I will say if I eat 2g carbs per lb or higher, I gain fat

protein/ fats / salads in all meals carbs added pre n post workout or when energy is low.

Meh, remember that you need carbs for muscle glycogen. Ketone bodies aren't nearly as an efficient source of energy as glucose. So for anabolic purposes and workout purposes you're better off staying out of ketosis.

On the other hand, creating ketones is a wasteful metabolic process, and you end up excreting more calories on a ketogenic diet than you do on other diets. Also, ketones exert a diuretic effect, so ketogenic diets can give you the appearance of being leaner, denser, and harder.

For myself, I prefer a diet with plenty of carbs.

In your case, it sounds like the fat-around-the-waist problem is due to age, not diet.

If you're having problems losing fat on your waist, you should try giving intermittent fasting a try: Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

I can't stand low carb diets. They work well for other people, but I feel extremely bad on them. I never get over the low energy, and I actually feel ill.
I have to go low fat.

Meh, remember that you need carbs for muscle glycogen. Ketone bodies aren't nearly as an efficient source of energy as glucose. So for anabolic purposes and workout purposes you're better off staying out of ketosis.

On the other hand, creating ketones is a wasteful metabolic process, and you end up excreting more calories on a ketogenic diet than you do on other diets. Also, ketones exert a diuretic effect, so ketogenic diets can give you the appearance of being leaner, denser, and harder.

For myself, I prefer a diet with plenty of carbs.

In your case, it sounds like the fat-around-the-waist problem is due to age, not diet.

If you're having problems losing fat on your waist, you should try giving intermittent fasting a try: Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

Yes this is my favorite way to attack fat- really does reduce the waist line-seem to lose less muscle too the traditional dieting.

I can't stand low carb diets. They work well for other people, but I feel extremely bad on them. I never get over the low energy, and I actually feel ill.
I have to go low fat.

I feel the same way and it took me a while to realise that low carb does not work for me in the long run. I've done carb rotation with success, 80g for 3 days, 160g for 1 day then 320g etc... but it made me useless and edgy.

I need at least 250g of carbs to function right, so my diet right now is 300-350g carbs, 250g protein, slightly higher fat than I should ingest. About 2800-3000 cals a day, and I'm seeing moderate fat loss. Only on 100mg of test, and only training 3X per week right now, so I'm happy with the results.

I also feel I need a lot of cardio to lose weight.

i used to buy into the low carb/high fat diet and it never got me anywhere. i do much better on moderate carbs and low fat...not scientifically correct, no oils, no proper omega 3/6 ratio,,,but it works 10x better for me

Personally, I prefer a low fat diet...results are better, and I feel better as well...

I feel the same way and it took me a while to realise that low carb does not work for me in the long run. I've done carb rotation with success, 80g for 3 days, 160g for 1 day then 320g etc... but it made me useless and edgy.

I need at least 250g of carbs to function right, so my diet right now is 300-350g carbs, 250g protein, slightly higher fat than I should ingest. About 2800-3000 cals a day, and I'm seeing moderate fat loss. Only on 100mg of test, and only training 3X per week right now, so I'm happy with the results.

I also feel I need a lot of cardio to lose weight.

Why would you have 3 consecutive days at 80g of carbs? A ratio of 1/1/1, low, medium, and high carb day, works best. For example; high day 1.5g carbs (per lb of bodyweight), medium day 1g, low day 0.5g

I try and keep diet as balanced as possible, but because I bodybuild I place more focus on protein, but don't gorge myself, plenty of healthy fats, olive oil, etc, and carbs to fill any gaps after that.

First and foremost a balanced diet is the most valuable thing (if you are interested in longevity, general health, etc), and then like I said - due to our chosen sport, a little more emphasis on protein.

When I was younger I used to force feed myself sometimes, but it got me nowhere and I have realised that bodybuilding should compliment a healthy lifestyle...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131