advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Which blood pressure monitor should I buy?

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I want to get a blood pressure monitor to check it at home. I don't want to break the bank though. Trying to look for a relatively cheap and accurate one. Any ideas?

I have this one

Omron 10+ Series Blood Pressure Monitor - Walmart.com

It has some nice features and two user profiles so my wife and I can keep track separately. Stored 100 readings for each person I think. Will also do 3 consecutive readings over like 90 seconds and average them, some other cool things. Not cheap, but not too bad. Whichever one you get, make sure the cuff is big enough for your arm, or that it has a bigger cuff availabel to purchase separately. That will make a huge difference with accuracy.

Last edited:
I have a Omron as well! Very good brand

I got this one. I've had it for 3 years now.

Same batteries too. It's a workhorse. Not a whole lot of bells and whistles.

Get the bigger cuff.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-EW3109W-Portable-Pressure-Monitor/dp/B000NY6JXA"]Amazon.com: Panasonic EW3109W Portable Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor White/Grey: Health & Personal Care@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41uAHThVcPL.@@AMEPARAM@@41uAHThVcPL[/ame]

Walmart's Reli-On brand is Omron rebranded.

The most accurate bp monitors have dual lumen cuffs. That means the cuff has 2 tubes going to the bp monitor. Singal lumen cuffs have up to a 20% rage of accuracy. Dual lumen cuffs are at 5%

I evaluate medical technology for a living and this was a big issue with several hospitals I worked with.

So if u can find a bp machine that takes a dual lumen cuff that's your best bet.

just how accurate are all these OTC blood pressure monitor compared to those in hospitals?

I use and recommend this one as it will fit a 20"+ arm.
Its always with in a few points of the one my Dr uses.

LifeSource Blood Pressure Monitor with AccuFit Extra Large Cuff

LifeSource Blood Pressure Monitor with AccuFit Extra Large Cuff .jpg

Last edited:
Lots of great suggestions in here. Might go with big mike's

just how accurate are all these OTC blood pressure monitor compared to those in hospitals?

They are almost as accurate as medical grade bp machines. They do make dual lumen bp machines for home use for about 100 bucks. I personally would pay the extra 30 bucks to get a reading that is +- 5% vs the cheaper ones that can be off by +-20%. But some people just want a general rage then the cheaper bp machines will do I guess.

I have this one

Omron 10+ Series Blood Pressure Monitor - Walmart.com

It has some nice features and two user profiles so my wife and I can keep track separately. Stored 100 readings for each person I think. Will also do 3 consecutive readings over like 90 seconds and average them, some other cool things. Not cheap, but not too bad. Whichever one you get, make sure the cuff is big enough for your arm, or that it has a bigger cuff availabel to purchase separately. That will make a huge difference with accuracy.
Was borrowing the girlfriends but decide I should have my own at my place and purchased this BP monitor above on amazon for $65 ($71.73 after shipping was added). Consumer Reports Rated the Omron 10 series (BP785) best in class. The one I purchased and one mentioned above (BP791 IT) is the same BP monitor as the BP785 but comes with Microsoft software to be able to download and with a formatted program track and average out your daily BP readings, plus you can then send your logged BP readings via email, etc . The Omron 10+ series (BP791 IT) is the same price as the 10 series (BP785) on Amazon right now. ;)

Get a wrist cuff and you don't have to worry about your arm size. Get it checked against an arm one by your doctor to test for accuracy.

I use and recommend this one as it will fit a 20"+ arm.
Its always with in a few points of the one my Dr uses.

LifeSource Blood Pressure Monitor with AccuFit Extra Large Cuff

View attachment 68652

Lots of great suggestions in here. Might go with big mike's

I have a little bit older model of the Life Source monitor. It used to work great for me, now the stupid thing keeps erroring out on me. It give me the 'leak' error message but I cant find any leaks so I'm gonna have to get a new one. It's a great monitor when it works though.

I have a little bit older model of the Life Source monitor. It used to work great for me, now the stupid thing keeps erroring out on me. It give me the 'leak' error message but I cant find any leaks so I'm gonna have to get a new one. It's a great monitor when it works though.

Ya, I have been very happy with the one I am using. I have had it a few years now and use it twice a week and have never had any issues....yet. :D
I always make sure when I put it away, I don't fold or crease the hose.

Ya, I have been very happy with the one I am using. I have had it a few years now and use it twice a week and have never had any issues....yet. :D
I always make sure when I put it away, I don't fold or crease the hose.

I admit, I havent been as careful as I should have been. But while it did work, it was very accurate.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131