YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Which compounds do YOU personally find lower your HDL most?

Shelby

IFBB PRO / Double Featured Member/Kilo Klub
IFBB PROS
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
A buddy of mine just did a short run with Anavar (50mg/day) and it knocked his HDL out real quick. Not such a "gentle" hormone, I guess.

What have your guys experiences been? Which compounds have been the worst?

4 weeks of superdrol and my hdl was a 6!

Any support?

A buddy of mine just did a short run with Anavar (50mg/day) and it knocked his HDL out real quick. Not such a "gentle" hormone, I guess.

What have your guys experiences been? Which compounds have been the worst?

Was your friend on any concurrent supplements that are supposed to help HDL levels? i.e. niacin, vitamin D, etc...

Was your friend on any concurrent supplements that are supposed to help HDL levels? i.e. niacin, vitamin D, etc...

I know he's been on niacin for a while now, and red yeast rice.
I'm not sure if anything else, I'll ask.

Couple thoughts/suggestions...

I know he's been on niacin for a while now, and red yeast rice.
I'm not sure if anything else, I'll ask.

1) make sure he isn't on time-released niacin... doesn't work as well
2) "appropriate" dosing is obviously important too for both compounds

Not too many blood tests under my belt but it seems equipoise has sent mine into the toilet.

Superdrol for me, too, but I take milk thistle, fish oil, saw palmetto, and Cycle Support, so I survive it all just fine....would never run it without an overload of support supps!!

1. WINNY!

2. Tren

BMJ

Tren for sure. High dose test seems to do it too (1G+ weekly)

maybe it wasnt actually var. its why i never order the stuff, seems like its the one compound everyone gets ripped on after spending an arm and a leg.

Accutane does it too, so you have to look at that if any of you are on that. I am and have been for the last 4-5 months and my lipids are all jacked up. They weren't before. Last month my HDL was 11 and my LDL was 161 or something. I had bloodwork done before I started it (I was cruising at 100mg/eod prop at the time) and HDL was 52 and LDL was 97. My dermatologist knows about my gear usage and she says that it's common for her "normal" patients to experience the same thing when they're being treated as well, so I don't feel quite so alarmed by it.

Arimadex and anavar knocked the shit out of mine earlier this year , had my HDL down to 11 , though i was only taking a litle milk thissel and omega-3 caps at 12g a day.

ran 3 bottles of Synthragine and have been taking red yeast rice , Vit-D , and 10mg Nolvadex since mid August , plan to get more labs run the first of the year to see what this next contest season does to me

I understand....

aint no thang helps with var or winny.

haha, I understand your point X, but to be fair, one would have to really compare apples to apples...
1) Winny, var, with NO support... THEN
2) Winny, var, WITH support

While it's possible they might not help to a significant degree, to not take anything I think would be considered unwise/irresponsible

haha, I understand your point X, but to be fair, one would have to really compare apples to apples...
1) Winny, var, with NO support... THEN
2) Winny, var, WITH support

While it's possible they might not help to a significant degree, to not take anything I think would be considered unwise/irresponsible

for sure, but we have to separate attempts to maintain/elevate HDL while on var/winny (doomed to fail), with anti-plaque formation supplementation.

plaque (leading to atherosclerosis ie cardiovascular disease ie predisposition to heart attack etc) is a result of 2 things (simplified):

1 -availability of circulating bad cholesterol (ldl)
2 - oxidation / accumulation as plaque of the ldl in arteries leading to blockage

for issue #1, The major function of hdl is to flush cholesterol (ldl bad Cholesterol) from peripheral tissues and return it to liver for disposition so it isnt available as raw material for plaque. as a substitute for HDL, garlic extract (see garlacin, etc) has been studied as a successful substitute, acting as a "super-hdl" flushing ldl. note the distinction though, it WONT raise hdl, just act as a substitute for it.

for issue #2, anti-oxidants/anti-inflammatories such as co-q10, grape seed extract and other proantocyanidins (the french paradox) , vitamin E, alpha lipoic acid - these will reduce/prevent the oxidation of circulating bad cholesterol.

and generally, fish oil supplements for anti-inflammatory/anti-ox CVD support.

to repeat, none of these will maintain your HDL while on var/winny, but they will reduce the damage of running your body without it for awhile.

-

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear