advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Which pro bodybuilder impressed you the most in person?

I took a DUI class with Ronnie once and he seemed pretty cool i was the only other real meat head so we talked a bit and he seemed genuine.

I met Branch Warren when he guess posed at the first show i ever did , he was super cool , we talked for a good while about hunting and long range shooting (trying to build him a rifle :p) he was a lot shorter than i thought but big as hell.!!

I took a DUI class with Ronnie once and he seemed pretty cool i was the only other real meat head so we talked a bit and he seemed genuine.

I met Branch Warren when he guess posed at the first show i ever did , he was super cool , we talked for a good while about hunting and long range shooting (trying to build him a rifle :p) he was a lot shorter than i thought but big as hell.!!

DUI class...!!!

shit bro.....you gotta tell more..

:)

that's strange you guys talk about V taylor like that....

I thought he was the most phony of all.....constant phony smile..
a real YES man.....acted like he knew you....not a douche bag...
but just phony as hell......the worst there is...

I have more respect for guys that are REAL.....if your a dick head...but
REAL...???? I respect... genuine cool dude...BUT REAL...im in...

the phony shit is a let down.....cant stand it....I see it 14 miles away.

:cool:

I met Ron Love and Mike Francois backstage in the 90's at the North Coast in Cleveland Ohio. Mike was big but Ron was out bounds thick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got to watch Jay Cutler train almost daily during the summer of 2007.

At the old golds on Flamingo in Vegas. Shame that gym isn't around any longer.

But the most impressive time I saw Jay was shortly after he reclaimed the Olympia title in 09. He was signing autographs in the lobby after guest posing the show. The veins in his shoulders looked like hoses. Shoulders were like basketballs. Just absolutely crazy comic book proportions. Definitely the most impressive bodybuilder I've seen in real life.

DUI class...!!!

shit bro.....you gotta tell more..

:)

2002 i got to take some "nationally accredited" DUI class that was in Fort Worth. He was a reserve officer and said he needed a reason to "get away for a few days"

Lee Priest when he was married to Kathy, he was as wide as he was tall. Very down to earth. I didn't even recognize Kathy at first; very quiet.

Ronnie when he was beaten by Gunter in New Orleans. The crowd couldn't believe it.

At the above contest, Kamali complaining, "Can you believe that BS?!". Art Atwood placed last, King was right above him, barely.

Matarazzo talking about how hard it is to keep body parts in balance and that once he retired, he was just going to blast every muscle as hard as possible and become all over freaky. It's a shame he didn't get the chance.

Jay when he was disbelieving the amount of carbs that Kamali said he took in pre contest,...."are you sure about that ?" "Yes."
I always liked Kamali, like him or not, you definitely knew who he was!

Atwood slipping while guest posing, getting back up, only to fall down again. It looked like he actually tore something or cramped bad, leading to the fall.

Porter Cottell looked really good and seemed intelligent, but was just way small.

World class power lifters are some of the most unattractive people in the industry and the few I met didn't appear healthy at all; much less so than unhealthy BB's.

Last edited:
Really haven't seen many

Eric Browser at my first NGA natural show. I later found out over the counters were allowed , which I really didnt know at the time. Moreover, just went into the NPC using over the counters.

Flex Lewis at the same show, in 2009, I asked his Girlfriend to take a picture of both of us together, and in 2012 when he posed in 2012 in a show I competed in

Dallas MCCarvers girlfriend and I were talking in a elevator in 2012, and she told me Dallas Mccarver is my boyfriend and hes 290 lbs. I later saw him down the hall, He looked big and calves were massive. Ive talked with him on a forum about training as we used to live close together like thirty or forty five minutes away

The Most Impressive Ive ever seen would have to be my last show , this past summer, Cade Zook. hes a IFBB pro and didnt compete so he had to re-qualify my doing an NPc show, i dont know exactly how that works, but that is what I was told. and he smashed the Bodybuilding superheavies, he was so far ahead of everyone . made my Jaw drop when he stood next to everyone else. he looked much more impressive in person than this picture

**broken link removed**

I know de asha an train at the same gym while he's in Liverpool, honesty his arms are fuvking insane, I can't stop looking at them, him turning up the gym when I'm training is the most demotavating thing that can happen, always have the shitest workout an just wana go home haha only coz I relies just how small I really am compared

First pro I saw was Jim Quinn back in 93. He was guest posing at a local show in Melbourne, FL. If I remember correctly, it was a couple weeks out from the Night of Champions. I was stunned at how big and vascular he was.

Cade is a really great guy but he's not a pro, and he was 5th at the NA's.

Really haven't seen many

Eric Browser at my first NGA natural show. I later found out over the counters were allowed , which I really didnt know at the time. Moreover, just went into the NPC using over the counters.

Flex Lewis at the same show, in 2009, I asked his Girlfriend to take a picture of both of us together, and in 2012 when he posed in 2012 in a show I competed in

Dallas MCCarvers girlfriend and I were talking in a elevator in 2012, and she told me Dallas Mccarver is my boyfriend and hes 290 lbs. I later saw him down the hall, He looked big and calves were massive. Ive talked with him on a forum about training as we used to live close together like thirty or forty five minutes away

The Most Impressive Ive ever seen would have to be my last show , this past summer, Cade Zook. hes a IFBB pro and didnt compete so he had to re-qualify my doing an NPc show, i dont know exactly how that works, but that is what I was told. and he smashed the Bodybuilding superheavies, he was so far ahead of everyone . made my Jaw drop when he stood next to everyone else. he looked much more impressive in person than this picture

**broken link removed**

Cant really think of anyone offhand I havent seen, met, or known from Yates to Coleman and onward. Big Ramy I have never seen him. Coleman in his heyday in the offseason was a massive human being. Musclemag Intl photog Steve Neece asked me to take a couple pics with Nasser in the lobby of a San Diego show he was guest posing at and Nasser was a human water tank at about 330lbs, I was about 300, we both had shorts on and I saw the pictures after.... It was god damn embarrassing how my calves looked next to his and I asked Steve to please never release those (and he didnt thank god).
This is kind of easy for me because since im taller (6'1-6-2") I really get impressed with the taller guys who have filled out their frames...Coleman like I said was monstrous but proportion wise Ive never seen anything like Paul Dillett in the late 90's. Early 90's he hadnt put all the muscle mass on yet, and the early 2000's comeback he was a shadow of himself but late 90's he was seriously crazy looking at 6'1" He would do a front double bicep and even with a flattop his arms were higher than his head. Just havent seen anything like that then or since.

Seems like these guys in the Dillett era got bigger and had a freakier different look, maybe its just the genetics or is it something they did different drug wise back then? or different way of eating?

that's strange you guys talk about V taylor like that....

I thought he was the most phony of all.....constant phony smile..
a real YES man.....acted like he knew you....not a douche bag...
but just phony as hell......the worst there is...

I have more respect for guys that are REAL.....if your a dick head...but
REAL...???? I respect... genuine cool dude...BUT REAL...im in...

the phony shit is a let down.....cant stand it....I see it 14 miles away.

:cool:

I cant stand phonies and "one uppers" - seriously... I agree its a let down and I can see it 15 miles away! ;)

Managing a Supp Store you often get the privileged of having the Companiess bring their athletes over for a meet and greet, usually after one of the fitness expos or big competitions like Arnold Classic in Aus.

I've met Flex lewis and Neil hill, both are two gentlemen who stayed 1.5 hours after their scheduled departure time just to make sure they were able to see and meet all their fans, shake hands and answer their questions. 2 of the most genuine and humble people i've ever met.

Phil Heath was also great to meet and chat with, He made time for everyone who came to see him and spent the time answering everyone's questions as best he could. Very charismatic and entertaining, nothing like the way he was portrayed in Generation Iron.

I met Jay cutler a few years ago before he started prep for his final show, He looked like a walking cloud, shoulders were almost as wide as a doorway and the thickness to match. Very humble, entertaining and had fun with his fans who were there to see him.

Ashley Kaltwasser and the bikini girls... oh my good god. they look even better in real life.Most are friendly and happy to have a chat.

Something I've noticed with all the Guys, Have you seen how big their hands are?!
Its like shaking hands with someone who is wearing a baseball mit.

Art Atwood was a nice guy too. I'd met him 3 times just crossing paths. I was like 18 years old. Then I emailed him for advices on my first competition diet. He wouldn't discuss drugs with me, but he helped me fix quite a few mistakes I was confused about and never asked for a dime. So for someone who was on the way up at the time (2002ish) I thought it was really cool to help a kid out like that.

In person....big.....but he really liked to hold water unless it was contest time.

Seems like these guys in the Dillett era got bigger and had a freakier different look, maybe its just the genetics or is it something they did different drug wise back then? or different way of eating?

I think with Dillett it was a lot due to genetics. He seemed like hyper-responder (good lord before anyone freaks out over the G word -I am not saying he didn't use a lot - I have no clue. I just heard that when he first started he blew up right away)... Paul had a small waist and just looked absolutely retarded (PC police come on!!)

If you've ever known a person that was a crazy responder you know what I mean. It has absolutely nothing to do with how they look before or after AAS. In fact they don't always respond super well to training / diet before AAS. So you cant look at Pauls pics now and say "see its all drugs". its all how his freaky ass responds!

I remember seeing Branch at a regional show - maybe mid 90's - and I think he was just a heavyweight or lt heavy (198 max)..I definitely saw Dexter when he was smaller - he was no more than a lt heavy - but you could tell he was special

And that's about all I have to say about that -

Art Atwood was a nice guy too. I'd met him 3 times just crossing paths. I was like 18 years old. Then I emailed him for advices on my first competition diet. He wouldn't discuss drugs with me, but he helped me fix quite a few mistakes I was confused about and never asked for a dime. So for someone who was on the way up at the time (2002ish) I thought it was really cool to help a kid out like that.

In person....big.....but he really liked to hold water unless it was contest time.

I had just stopped training / competing about that time (and when I stopped I freaking hit the skids and didn't even step foot in a gym for over a 12 years:eek: - but I don't half ass anything - even quitting) - but I still checked on boards at first, and Art always had the oddest shape to me.

For me it was Ronnie. I met him before he was Mr. O and several times after. Just ridiculous! I've met Jay...he was huge but didn't have the effect on me that Ronnie did. I was at the USA in '98...Tom Prince was walking around...he looked incredible too!

I met Lee Priest when he was off season...LOL...it was at the opening of a supplement store...he was eating KFC...he was huge but pretty fat. About a month or so later I went to the Paul Borreson seminar in Culver City...it was the same weekend as the '98 USA. Lee went to the seminar too...he remembered me and actually came up to me and said hi...we talked for a while...very cool guy!

Last edited:
I've met quite a few. Always humbling standing next to them. I would have to say kai greene or jay cutler were the most impressive, and very down to earth ann friendly.

One thing I remember being surprised about was how short a lot of them are. Most seem as wide as they are tall.

Last edited:
He is a clown now and his pmma is ridiculous but honestly Rich Piana is probably the most impressive person I have met :eek::D This was a few years back. Phil Heath didn't look very pic to me but you could see the genetics... he looked like he had been blown up with an air pump (plus round muscles). Zack Khan wasn't as big as I thought he would be but still huge and impressive. Kai Greene was covered up so I couldn't see him properly. Jay Cutler was sat down but his calves looked huge. I have only seen Ronnie and Dorian after retiring and downsizing but I was still surprised how big Dorian looked in person (taller than I thought). Larissa Reis looked insane... much cuter in person.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws