over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Which Protein is Better

he is wrong ...period

whey isolate as anti-catabolic???

firstly besides being wrong to be optimal one can write a tome on this shit

best bet buy them separate and mix ratios as needed for optimal protein expression relative to timing/body needs

xcelbeyond said:
Beside some ash and stuff like that, whey protein is either protein, fat or lactose (carb - i.e. milk sugar). What's in the other 20 percent?!?

xcel

i get 3 or 4 grams of lactose in a 100 gram serving, quite low since i get 80 g pro for 4 g carbs

instynct999 said:
he is wrong ...period

whey isolate as anti-catabolic???

firstly besides being wrong to be optimal one can write a tome on this shit

best bet buy them separate and mix ratios as needed for optimal protein expression relative to timing/body needs

ill agree on the mixing and buying seperately as this is what i do. buy anti-catabolic he was refering to the insulin release from it, not how long it stayed active in the body. his anti-catabolic vs anabolic proteins had to do with insulin release not how slowly they are absorbed

Mr_Magoo said:

also why not just combine two protein sources with similar absorption rates so ur giving the body the right type of protein it needs when it needs it but with a better amino acid profile?

I agree with all that. Combining proteins in a product to make a complete range of aminos is good. Combining them to have a 'slow' absorbtion mixture is hogwash created by supp companies to sell cheap blends.

Steak is good in the evening as it's rather slow to digest.

Mr_Magoo said:
what about the work of yves boire who basically re wrote the book on protein research which says whey is very fast acting?

Whey isolate IS the quikest acting protein there. But even whey isolate is MUCH slower than most people think. The actual researcher that did the latest protein absortbtion studies that I know personally has just flown to France for the biggest protein study ever undertaken - he's heading it. I'll see if I can get hold of him to get more details - exact time of absorbtion of various proteins, etc.

Mr_Magoo said:
for the most part yes, and sometimes we do over complicate things

Hell yes - bottom line, if you have protein in enough quantities, no matter which one, you will grow. Of course, you will get better/quicker results with some porteins over others, but the results will be generally the same.

Re: I used Pro- complex on my last diet.

JETHRO TULL said:

To be honest I think I look better eating real food. But the protein powder and oats are easy to measure, that's for sure.

That's because most protein powders are garbage and don't contain what's on the label, so you get a lot of crap that makes you look shit before a comp. If you have a good powder, that is really what it says on the label, it's ideal because as you said, you can measure it exactly.

Big A said:

Whey isolate IS the quikest acting protein there. But even whey isolate is MUCH slower than most people think. The actual researcher that did the latest protein absortbtion studies that I know personally has just flown to France for the biggest protein study ever undertaken - he's heading it. I'll see if I can get hold of him to get more details - exact time of absorbtion of various proteins, etc.

thats what i thought u were saying and now read ya loud and clear

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner