over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

White or brown rice with slin protocol?

Flexpert215

Newbies
I see some pros run white rice and some run brown rice. I'm guessing this is due to insulin sensitivity and balancing glucose levels? Would it be better or more beneficial to run white rice while on slin?
Also does anyone have a review on Growth from blackstone labs?

You have what it takes but it will take everything you got...

I see some pros run white rice and some run brown rice. I'm guessing this is due to insulin sensitivity and balancing glucose levels? Would it be better or more beneficial to run white rice while on slin?

You want to have the majority of your carbs that aren't around your slin timing be complex.

For example:

If I took my slin at 1PM, my breakfast would consist of complex carbs (oatmeal)

Then around my slin timing I would use my fast acting carbs in my shakes (cyclic dextrins) and my PWO meal with white rice for faster absorption

Once I hit dinner a few hours later, I'd be back to complex carbs (brown rice)

Ah that makes perfect sense now. Thanks man!

white rice all the time...the difference is neglible.

I love white rice and eat it every meal. Some Brown rice has a higher gi than some white anyway, it's all in the grain. Personally I don't worry about gi much at all anyway. Just macros and calories

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

The only difference between the two rices is glycemic index (GI) of white rice is 44 for converted rice, 56 for long-grain white rice and 72 for short-grain white rice. The glycemic index of brown rice is 55, putting it about equivalent to long-grain white rice. The glycemic index is a way of measuring how fast a particular food is digested and the effect that it has on your blood sugar levels. the higher the index the quicker it is digested and the more it effects your blood sugar levels. Keep in mind dextrose has a GI of 96.

So if you are taking a fast acting insulin using the 10g/iu rule dextrose is best taken right after the insulin. 1 hour later rice would be a good choice, below or long grain white rice being the best as it take longer to digest and more slowly releases carbs in your blood.

Good information and makes perfect sense now. Thanks guys

The GI level of carbs are very important but I believe JonnyO hit the nail right on the head. Never been able to any difference in my results from them.

The GI level of carbs are very important but I believe JonnyO hit the nail right on the head. Never been able to any difference in my results from them.

I find I look and feel better on higher gi carbs for the most part. I find it very hard to stick to a diet with lower gi carbs as I just geek drained and shit all day. I find if I eat 250g rice krisbies (220 carbs gi 82 post workout) I'm a lot more satiated than if I eat the same macros in brown rice and veg. Once I get one huge insulin spike I get 0 cravings for the rest of the day. I do test fasted glucose and mine is always real low so insulin resistance is no concern to me. I did recently read a study that in trained individuals high gi carbs are a lot more satiating than lower gi carbs. I had recently come to the conclusion that this is the case for me but was good to see something to back out up. Can't remember where I read it now. I think personally for people less insulin sensitive lower gi is probably the way to go though. I just belive like most things diet related they're is no one rule for every one. There are so many variables in each individual. I actually lean up on insulin if I keep diet the same so have never been scared of high gi carbs.

White rice only!

i love white rice, i just feel the best after eating it. and is more efficient for glycogen replenishment

exp..If you want it to hit you faster im curious on grinding it up in food processor to powder and mix it in PWO drink instead of dextrose

i love white rice, i just feel the best after eating it. and is more efficient for glycogen replenishment

exp..If you want it to hit you faster im curious on grinding it up in food processor to powder and mix it in PWO drink instead of dextrose

You can grind it in coffee grinder and mix with water and microwave for creme of rice. Add 60g of a nice flavored whey and it's real nice. It's probably too hygroscopic to mix in a drinkable shake form.

I prefer fast acting white rice.

I haven't used that product but blackstone labs super trenabol is amazing as a preworkout.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131