over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who can comment on lower body injuries?

stevehnsn

Registered
As a spin off from the "wraps" thread, I got to wondering... I'm a pretty young guy (24), and I was just wondering what you experienced lifters with knee, back, hip, etc... problems, consider to have been the major factors in your permanent injuries. I guess this could apply to shoulders too. So, was it lifting too much too soon, lifting with bad form, or maybe just accumulated stress, wear & tear? Was it a particular exercise that you blame?

Personally, I have some lower back issues already, and it was from deadlifting too heavy, too soon, and with questionable form. Fortunately, since I figured out what I was doing, my form is now impecable, and my lower back pain is usually nonexsistant.

stevehnsn said:
As a spin off from the "wraps" thread, I got to wondering... I'm a pretty young guy (24), and I was just wondering what you experienced lifters with knee, back, hip, etc... problems, consider to have been the major factors in your permanent injuries. I guess this could apply to shoulders too. So, was it lifting too much too soon, lifting with bad form, or maybe just accumulated stress, wear & tear? Was it a particular exercise that you blame?

Personally, I have some lower back issues already, and it was from deadlifting too heavy, too soon, and with questionable form. Fortunately, since I figured out what I was doing, my form is now impecable, and my lower back pain is usually nonexsistant.

I have been having lower back problems for almost a year. The problem arises when I squat, leg press.. The 'pump' is so painfull is that I have to go to the stretch area in my gym and lie face down until it diminishes to the point where I can return to my regimen. Yes, I deadlift and with what I consider "perfect form".

BBer, do you stretch you back well before, like 10-15 minutes of stretching? It seems like it may be tight muscles. I have the same problem and went to as chiropractor and he put me on some stretching regimen and it went a way. For me my lower back would be so tight that I couldn't walk and it hurt to stand straight up.

l2L

luv2lift! said:
BBer, do you stretch you back well before, like 10-15 minutes of stretching? It seems like it may be tight muscles. I have the same problem and went to as chiropractor and he put me on some stretching regimen and it went a way. For me my lower back would be so tight that I couldn't walk and it hurt to stand straight up.

l2L

I have never stretched, but have tried it. How do you stretch lower back??:confused: I cannot walk or sit down after squats-legpress, this all seems to be during leg workouts.

Make sure to stretch your hamstrings good. They tend to pull on your lower back when they get tight. Your lower back is very hard to stretch, but sit down and lean forward trying to touch your toes. It will stretch your hams, but after a certain point you can have some push you forward farther and it seems to really help the lower back and you can also do this with you legs spread apart.

I am sure there is more, but I can't remember them. I use these one's now and it helps alot.

l2l

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity