over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

WHO DO YOU TRUST?

Trust

Ya, I like to think I have a good gift of perception, and I know the importance of "brotherhood" if you will.... I am picky, but since I cannot stand most people, the ones I trust here are the ones that I can predict where they are coming from, and basically understand and respect them. I like them. I know based on the person you have showed me (internet personality) by them not being fake etc...And Steak is my good bud in real life.
Ironically barring maybe two people; all people who posted on this thread I trust.

i only trust a few people on here. xcel, mikes and sup1, being three guys that i have alot of respect/trust for. them along with a few other guys on here that I wouldn't mind meeting in person.
i believe i'm a good judge of character and can tell the BSer's from the real honest good people. but then again, when i was 19 i "met" a girl from aol who was "hot" but when i met her in person it was a completely different girl...and let's just say she wasn't in the best of shape lol. so maybe i don't know people as good as i thought i did.

there's actually a person or two even on this board i wouldn't trust to deliver my newspaper. but hey thats just me.

JW

Yeah......STk was one of the few trusted in alot of peoples eyes. It's is a shame to have lost someone so dedicated to just helping out his friends. MikeS.....obviously TOP GUN in my book buddy! Mike and Killa always the 2 TOP GUNS in my book! And thank you for squeezing me in there Mikey :cool: Take care.

patk

Man, this thread is a little depressing. But, I unfortunately agree with just about all of it... I have never allowed myself to really get into the BB'ing scene. I don't go to contests, actually I think they're sort of silly. I don't PM people behind the scenes to talk or chat. I'm just a guy who works out, eats right, and wants to look a certain way - it's pretty simple. I trust NO ONE - see my location :D There is only one person on the planet who knows what I do, and that's my wife. She doesn't always like it, but she accepts it and helps me stay safe. I've never met anyone on the boards, I don't talk to people in the gym, and I train alone (or with my wife once in a while). People ask me, the only thing I say is "train hard and eat right." I don't want to be a mass monster or look like a juicer - frankly, it would only get me disrespected in my line of work (and probably cost me $ as a result).

Actually when I stop and think, I really have no close male friends anywhere - I don't like or respect most people enough. So on that sour note, I guess I'll close.

DrG

I've been fortunate to meet several great guys from the boards who I trust completely (Sup1, Wolfman) There are others I'd like to meet someday as well. I've had the chance to meet others but it just didn't feel right. I try to keep a low profile most of the time because I just can't afford any trouble at this point in my life. I'm happy knowing that I've never done anyone wrong on these boards and that I've helped as much as possible when good bros needed it.

I think it depends on what level of trust you are talking about. There are a lot of bros whose opinion I trust... there are a few bros I'd trust with my money... there are a few bros I'd trust with some of my personal info... and there are few (very few) bros who have become strong and fast friends, who I'd do almost anything for

i wont trust my freedom to someone i have not met...

i'd rather have enemies than friends cause at least i know they are always trying to fuck me over, but with a friend you never see it coming.

trust

I Read almost every day at lunch but rarely post. I do not want to get involved in all of the bullshit. need I say more

Layne Staley said:
I've been fortunate to meet several great guys from the boards who I trust completely (Sup1, Wolfman)

See what I said about leaveing some names out of my list.
Theres 2 more.

even through something seemingly as distant or 'impersonal' as a discussion board or e-mail convos as they are not face to face you sometime get that sixth sense radar of who is honorable and who is perhaps best left at arms length

me

well, I have met a few guys from the boards over the years. Who do I trust? The guys I've met cos I have to trust em before I meet them.

And there are plenty I don't trust or don't care for (or have little respect or time for), but then what are they gonna do to me? I don't deal, don't have large quantities, don't do much... so really i'm not too worried about that. If cops come knocking, c'est la vie.

Good guys that I have met and/or respect and trust personally (many more I respect from the US but don't contact very often)are Big A, DanM, Croc, BBZ, Elias, Neil, Kiwi, Juzzy, MA92.... I could go on.

Have a lot of time for some of the old names mentioned too - old UG guys, Gade fellas, MikeS and all the mods here (fine bunch), Raver and Gabe and all those people back in the day... if nothing else, they made me laugh a LOT from time to time, esp with a heated argument!

And what the fuck - Tazzy retiring from the gym? How do these thingshappen? IronMike

Tazzy has problems, I dont know exactly what they are, although I do have my ideas. Ive called him twice so far to try to get him back around. One time he said he would be back the next week and didnt come back. I called a few weeks later and he said he was taking the summer off to tend to some personal stuff. But I know theres more to it-I wont go into that. Now I wonder what his excuse will be. I really dont get this one-Taz had a great success story. He started out as very obese 300lb+ of blubber. He transformed into a 200lb guy-about 10% bodyfat. Good lifts too-365 bench or so when we were training in his late 30s. Its beyond me how someone can let that go-Id be freaked to slip back to a former obese state of body. I will call once more and then wish him luck if he doesnt return! Sad for me to lose a good buddy and lifting partner (he wasnt my main partner anymore but still hung/lifted with us when he came in infrequently near the end). :( :confused:

Last edited:
This is really good thread! You guys don't know me since I have only posted here a few times but I enjoy reading pretty regular and appreciate the knowledgeable bros here.

As for trusting, since an element of this lifestyle often involves illegal substances, I trust no one online. I want to trust but I just can't go there. I don't let it be known where I live or what my real name is. It's a sad by-product of the potential legal trouble I could run into. Even someone who means well, could turn on me if he is faced with jail time and I'd just as soon not have any information to divulge if I was popped as well.

My view is not as cynical as DC's, at least yet. I have purchased items from individuals over the internet for 9 years now and have only had 3 problems in all those years. ALL 3 were scammers for AAS. Doesn't speak well of bodybuilders.

What drgoodbody said about not talking at the gym reminded me of something. I used to workout in a local gym in my town and met lots of people there and some that I became regular friends with and socialized outside with. About 4 years ago I moved to a new part of town and now attend a Gold's there. The people are fine I guess but for whatever reason I've hardly spoken to anyone in all that time. The clientel is much younger at the Gold's and I think that has something to do with it. It's also a "complete" gym whereas my previous one was a "weights only". No music. No neon. They did finally get AC fortunately. Just had more of a community feel to it. I do admit to testosterone use in the gym but then I have a prescription for it and that's all I will be pinned down on.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear