over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

WHO DO YOU TRUST?

Fathead

Banned
I just want to ask you guys mainly out of being just curious and from long time experience with these boards.

I am not a 7,8.9 year vet like some claim maybe 5 tops but I have seen my fair share of back stabbing, lying, manipulation and twisting of truth of so many scams it's hard to believe what goes on behind the scenes on these boards.

My question is how many of you guys consider the guys that you know from the boards "real friends" and someone you could trust as you would a friend you have known for say several years from the real world.

Do you really think or do you know the guy your talking to on a BB board or email is a real buddy and someone that is telling you the truth. I ask that because I got an email from a dirtball who was an alleged friend at one time of one of my best buds who used to be a popular figure on the boards but is gone now due to the dirty fuck you over games that goes on behind the scenes.

I'd sent the guy an email months ago to see if I could help mend a former what seemed to be good friendship and he just responded with a pretty smart ass know it all response. The guy I am talking about will even read this and I am sure make some " all knowing MR. Smooth post" because that is what he thinks he is.

I learned my lesson a few years ago with Marvin Martian if anyone remembers that name and only made one friend who later became the GOD FATHER of my little girl. My lesson was not to really trust anyone and the person with the most board buds is probably the biggest con because thats how they operate.

SO JUSt WHO DO YOU TRUST ON THESE BOARDS?:confused:

There are a few that I trust on these boards. I know them personally. By that I mean that I can call them on the phone. Everyone else I take with a grain of salt.

PB

I probaly shouldnt post here because I have a very pessimistic view of a large sum of people who are in this sport. In my opinion bodybuilding by and large attracts a great many people who are terribly insecure about themselves, feel out of place in society, or are incredibly self absorbed. I would guesstimate that more than half of the people in this sport will fuck you over for "10 more lbs of muscle on their frame" --because that is where their self importance is. Look at this sport as a whole-everyone hates everyone else. The thought process is "that guy is a better bodybuilder than me, or is better looking or has a hotter chick than me (etc etc) and I hate him for it". Sad but true. When you combine that kind of insecurity in a person with jealousness, people end up getting burnt bigtime. There are a couple guys on this message board that have asked to meet me because they are local and Ive been kind of avoidfull of it. Why? Because I really hate meeting people in the bodybuilding genre for the above reasons. When the shit hits the fan the people in this sport are on the bottom of the totem pole as far as loyalty, honor, and gratitude. I dont know of many people who dont like me in person. Im known as and consider myself a great freind and a good guy. But that means nothing in this sport. Look at Phil Hernon. Absolutely great individual, noone speaks bad of him that knows him. You would think that would mean something in this bodybuilding world, but it didnt and because someone he knew didnt have the balls to be accountable for his own actions --Phil lost 2 years of his life because of it. I also once got my ass handed to me on a silver platter (as did another good guy on this board) by a similiar individual who got himself into legal trouble and didnt care who he destroyed as long as he walked out scathe free. And it did--it destroyed my life as I knew it (and also the other guy's on this board I mentioned). I helped that certain individual publish and market reading material, did his diet for free and showed him how to train because he had literally begged for my help. His repayment to me was a kind of evil you really can never prepare yourself for and it left my life as I knew it like an atom bomb had gone off. I removed myself from bodybuildings cliquey circles long ago and it was one of the best decisions that ive ever made. In everyday life you need to scrutinize and choose your freinds very wisely but in this sport you better do it with a fine tooth comb and a microscope.

Very few!!

DOGGCRAPP said:
I probaly shouldnt post here because I have a very pessimistic view of a large sum of people who are in this sport. In my opinion bodybuilding by and large attracts a great many people who are terribly insecure about themselves, feel out of place in society, or are incredibly self absorbed. I would guesstimate that more than half of the people in this sport will fuck you over for "10 more lbs of muscle on their frame" --because that is where their self importance is. Look at this sport as a whole-everyone hates everyone else. The thought process is "that guy is a better bodybuilder than me, or is better looking or has a hotter chick than me (etc etc) and I hate him for it". Sad but true. When you combine that kind of insecurity in a person with jealousness, people end up getting burnt bigtime. There are a couple guys on this message board that have asked to meet me because they are local and Ive been kind of avoidfull of it. Why? Because I really hate meeting people in the bodybuilding genre for the above reasons. When the shit hits the fan the people in this sport are on the bottom of the totem pole as far as loyalty, honor, and gratitude. I dont know of many people who dont like me in person. Im known as and consider myself a great freind and a good guy. But that means nothing in this sport. Look at Phil Hernon. Absolutely great individual, noone speaks bad of him that knows him. You would think that would mean something in this bodybuilding world, but it didnt and because someone he knew didnt have the balls to be accountable for his own actions --Phil lost 2 years of his life because of it. I also once got my ass handed to me on a silver platter (as did another good guy on this board) by a similiar individual who got himself into legal trouble and didnt care who he destroyed as long as he walked out scathe free. And it did--it destroyed my life as I knew it (and also the other guy's on this board I mentioned). I helped that certain individual publish and market reading material, did his diet for free and showed him how to train because he had literally begged for my help. His repayment to me was a kind of evil you really can never prepare yourself for and it left my life as I knew it like an atom bomb had gone off. I removed myself from bodybuildings cliquey circles long ago and it was one of the best decisions that ive ever made. In everyday life you need to scrutinize and choose your freinds very wisely but in this sport you better do it with a fine tooth comb and a microscope.

I cannot agree more with everything you said!

The one thing Im happy Ive done is meet a few local guys.
But I spend a good bit of time online/email and phone first. But they have become best of friends. Thermo, of past days (dont see him much any more). Tazzy who was a best of friends and training partner for 2yrs-now has quit the gym 3-4mo ago and we are losing contact. Beast2k whos currently a best of buddies too. Also PatK. :cool:

Other local guys I knew first - and sent them to the board afterwards, like good bud Johnny Bravo.

Didnt actually meet Rick Collins on board but contacted him due to his reputation on boards; also a good bud I trust.

I could name others I havent met, but trust. Jethro, Wylde and several others...it usually has to progress to the phone level first.

Foreign guys (BigA, and some great sources) fall into another catagory - probably will never meet them.

But honestly, I dont know if I trust ANYONE 100%.

Last edited:
CRAPP

Funny you should metion Phil as we both live in the Valley of the Sun yet have never met. I know people that know him and have not one bad word to say about him so I guess I am missing on on meeting a quality person. I say that though knowing that Phil probably speaks to people I do not care for on these boards and these people I'd rather not know much about me other than what I tell them like my real first name which is Lance. With that being said I am reluctant to ever meet or train with the guy as much as I admire him and even though he has offered I have never taken him upon it my loss I suppose.

The same goes with others wanting to meet me locally two from this board, one was offended the other understood when I declined. I have people offering me phone numbers in PM's and it's never personal I'll just never use them. I have been witness to some of the shittiest attacks on some of the better guys by those posing to be the "Elite good bro's" and the real good guys just go away.

I just see a lot of guys getting reamed time and time again by the same people over and over out of stupid blind trust for people you have never spent a day with in your life and it completely baffles me. I don't care if I talk to you on the phone if I can't look you in the eye and shake your hand, drink a beer and maybe get in a bar fight with you then I sure as hell am not going to trust you.

Well put DC!

Not many at all, I can think of 2 or 3 out of all the years and all the boards that I frequent and they're all probably here. This doesn't include my daily life friends. Take care.

patk

Well - maybe I just go around with rose-colored glasses. Like Will Rogers - I never met a man I didn't like. Met many that I vehemently disagree with but not to the the point of dislike.

So far in life, I've never really had anyone stab me in the back (other f*cking scammers!!!!!) - at least anything that I'd consider a big deal.

I've met several from the boards in my infrequent travels across the country. Of course, wylde is one of those that I've met with a couple of times and he's top gun in my book. You can tell if someones feeding you bullshit (or at least I generally can re: bb'ing) and I could tell he had real concern with my well-being as well as getting best results. I've met a bro that may have gone down with DL as I can't get in touch with him. I've met Steak, ken69dahl and his gal sgfitness, Ivan and his lady Lefemme.

I'm looking forward to meeting a few more bros on the other side of the country here shortly.

xcel

I guess my previous post wasn't the answer to your question.

I trust nobody at this point in my life, which is really a sad thing. I can't even trust my wife enough to tell her everything. This is something I'm sure that I created in my mind.

Some of this has probably developed as a result of the back-stabbing that occurs on boards.

There are only a real handful of people that "really" know I've ever juiced. I admit nothing to nobody. If you were to meet me you probably wouldn't even think I juiced :D You can imagine anything you want.

I guess my lack of trust does have me watching my back so I don't get a unwelcomed surprise.

xcel

I found the BB boards back in '96 when elite was just starting out and we had the "hulkster" running amok. I have met two people in the entire time on the boards, and both of those meetings have been within th elast sixth months. One lives right down the road from me, and the other in chicago who came down to kick my ass in the gym a few weeks ago. I have developed a pretty good friendship with the guy that lives close to me. That's th eonly way anyone could ever gain my trust. Have to meet face to face and spend some time together. Even then, you still have to know what to keep to yourself. Bottom line, this is the internet. People seem to forget that others can be whoever they want to be online. Very seldom would you find a true "friend" online. Wanna know for sure? Just get in trouble and see how fast everyone scatters.

i understand what you are saying fathead..the thing is , personally, i like all members and trust them to an extent until they do something wrong..to me or the board..i have always been loyal to my friends and will defend them until you prove to me otherwise..with some people you just click..some, you dont and have to wait to see their true colors..i have many friends on the board and trust them completely..mikes, jethro, xcel, just to name a few. i have talked to phil on the phone a number of times and consider him a great friend..if he needed my help i would be there..same for big a..if he needed someone to help him in anyway i would be there..i think i know whatyou are saying fathead but, take it with a grain of salt..make friends on the board but, they are just guys to shoot the shit with and have a good time in your spare time.. take it for what it is worth..if you are lucky, you will make good friends while on the boards that will progress to good friendships and then the trust will follow.. i usually try to go with intuition..if the guy just does not feel right ..then i make a mental note of it and just watch for things that may progress. that being said, some of the guuys from my home town on now on the boards..trulyhuge, noneck, homon (randy) and i can tell ya that these guys are stand up guys and can be trusted completely..or ill have them shot..:D like i said , take it for what it is..i hope to meet some of the guys face to face at some of the shows this coming year..as i said before, i think you just know who is a friend and who is not..until proven otherwise..

i can say i dont realy trust any one online, no one knows who iam off the boards and I think thats the way I want to keep it. I have a great life and many other interests besides bodybuilding to worry about. Iam sorry there is way to much drama in this sport and I realy just try to minamize my involvment in that aspect of it

My take

I have gotten more calloused over the years because I have been burnt so much. I truly feel that Big A, DC, Fathead, KIWI, LATS, IVAN, STEAK, RAJJIN, XCEL, MIKE S, DIEZEL666, MR HUGE, MAVERICK, INSTYNCT, and a few others on here I would get along with famously because we are real and honest. My ex wife taught me a lot about hate and misery, and I have had my fill of it. I just want to be around good people from here on out. I met a WONDERFUL woman with whom I will me getting married to next July, and couldn't be happier. Here is a funny story. We went to Michigan to see her family, and I couldnt eat as much as I would have liked to because we were always doing something. I was starving the whole time and lost 8 pounds in one week. As we were leaving , the mom told us that the family couldnt believe how much I ate. hahhahahahaaha

I have known IVAN in person for a few years and I would trust him with my own children ;) He is a great guy and is very cautious about who to trust. If he refers me to someone, I know he is a stand up guy and someone to be trusted. TATE (even though he does not post much), is a great friend too...I have known him for 5+ years.

I have not met PHIL, but I know we would get along great if we had the chance to go get some REAL FOOD!! He has been more than generous with sharing his knowledge and his products...thank you.

rAJJIN...I have just recently been chatting with and he carries himself in a very professional manner. I apperciate all that you have done.

XCEL, I met in person at the EMERALD CUP, and i trust him with helping me in any aspect of life.

FATHEAD and I have chatted about some heated issues on this board(in pm's), and I like his straight forward approach. thanks for being HONEST that is a very rare quality in people these days.

I know if I needed any information, BIG A, BIG KIWI, JETHRO, DISEL, and a host of others would be there to help.

I 100% have to agree with you on all the SHITHEADS that exsist in our tiny community. I cannot beleive that people would stab someone in the back for a few amps or vials.

I like the newbies that come on to the boards and expect trust right off the bat. they PM you and ask for a source, and when you do not give it to them, they think you are an asshole. I just want to say hey buddy I don't know you therefore I do not trust you...earn my trust and I will help you. Anyways this isa great post....thanks FATHEAD
Take care all and be safe...

Last edited:
DC said it best

Well I would say DC knows it firsthand, as I remember when he got his life turned upside down by a supposed friend whom he helped out alot. Something I have noticed over the years is that if you are generous and giving to people the ones who are decent will give back or at least be very appreciative and the scumbags will stab you in the back one way or another. I used to trust everyone until they gave me a reason not to, now I trust noone until they give me a reason to. I have been around for a few years now and I can tell you that DC and Big A have helped me out tremendously and have never asked for anything in return. When DC was in trouble I sent him what little cash I could spare at the time because this was all I could do to help and when Big A comes to the states he knows he has a place to stay on the east coast. This is how it should work, help each other, not hurt each other, a lot of us call each other "bro" like we are brothers is bodybuilding, but if your "brother" needed help would you turn your back on him?

This post reminds me of a recent kinship I made via online with killa - God rest his soul. The guy would literally give you the shirt off his back and did so for me in time of need. No questions asked and when I asked him how much I owed him he said nothing - cause he liked me (as a tear comes to my eye).

After he passed, I sent a fairly large sum of money (at least to this 'cheap' SOB) to his gal. I recently got an e-mail from her saying how much she appreciated the help.

xcel

I, like most, like keeping my anonymity a secret. I dont get personal at all, and the only person I've ever spoken to in the 4-5 years I've been roaming the boards is Big A. Like most, I think the boards and the sport in general have too much drama and I like staying away from that as much as possible. Because our daily lives are hard enough sometimes without added bullshit from cyberspace.

That being said, some guys I would love to meet one day and hang and train with. Big A, Lats, Phil, DC, Xcel and Ivan. Im sure there's more but these guys just come to mind on first thought.

BIGUPS DOGGCRAPP

DC you pretty much nailed it.
I think a lot of guys would sell their own mother for a few lbs of muscle, and probably send her COD......L8TR

xcelbeyond said:
This post reminds me of a recent kinship I made via online with killa - God rest his soul. The guy would literally give you the shirt off his back and did so for me in time of need. No questions asked and when I asked him how much I owed him he said nothing - cause he liked me (as a tear comes to my eye).

After he passed, I sent a fairly large sum of money (at least to this 'cheap' SOB) to his gal. I recently got an e-mail from her saying how much she appreciated the help.

xcel

Theres a guy (STK) that was a honerable and trustworthy as you get. Id have to beg him to take compensation on stuff sometimes-how could you not trust him? RIP bro.

Im sure I forget some guys, my appologies. As I did PatK, who I squeezed into my last post when I realized the ommission (thank god for the EDIT function!).

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws