advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who doesnt shoulder press ; or does little shoulder pressing?!?

I altenate them in every other shoulder workout, usually at the end after I've pre-exhausted them. I've had surgery on both shoulders, so i always start with rotator cuff movements, then move into rear or lateral moves, then front raises or a press movement. I tend to lean towards bb press over dumbell just b/c of the awakardness of getting db's into start press position. Biggest thing is listen to your body if it hurts or doesn't feel right then is it really worth doing, you can always substitute with a different move then comeback to presses to give your shoulders a rest from them.

I do FST-7 training, so for shoulders I do seated military presses( basement ceiling is too low for standing), laterals, front raises, then finish with upright rows.

They definately get a good blastin' :D

Just out of interest ; does anyone have decent shoulders that doesnt shoulder press?!? Or doesnt shoulder press in each workout?!?

Since using incline bench press more for chest workouts ; and using different varieties of lateral raises ; rear delt raises ; face pulls ; etc ; my shoulders seem to have improved ; and seem to have a lot more width.

I have always found barbell shoulder press uncomfortable and when training alone ; dumbell shoulder press ; can be dangeous/difficult when you need to get the dumbells into starting position ; when you start to lift some heavy weight.

It seems incline bench press really works the shoulders well ; and lateral raises really help with width.

Something like ;

Leaning lateral raises
Upright rows
Seated lateral raises
Rear delt raises
Face pulls
Front raises
Shrugs

Seem to give a really good workout.

Interested to hear you guys opinion!?!

Thanks!?!

I shoulder press every few weeks, only at the end of the workour. I have,pics,in my log.....i constantly get accused of synthol in my delts and I dont evee put anythong there

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

I'm prone to tendonitis in my shoulders so I do side laterals and front raises before I do presses. Then I do moderate to light weight mid to high rep in strict form. I use either shoulder machines or smith machine front press.

Suprisingly, I've noticed better results in my shoulders. As I've gotten older I've learned to throw away ego and do whats best for my body.

I don't know if I qualify as having good shoulders but they're a lot better since I dropped overhead presses and flat bench. Now it's only incline and decline bench, wide grip upright rows and laterals.

I've gotten up to 50s for reps in good form for 10 reps, 40s for 20 reps and 30s for 30 reps. Upright rows 205 x 3, 185 for 8 and 155 for 12 is my best.

I remember less than a year ago I thought 135 was a lot of weight for uprights and 30s for 6-8 were the limit on laterals. My shoulders certainly look different now.

Never had anywhere close to that before and never could get my shoulders to do anything.

I don't think overhead presses do anything for the width and most people get the front delt with chest movements.

Whenever I try to add overhead pressing movements my shoulders get all screwed up and everything goes kaput.

I haven't done them in years since working with Phil in the past. But to be honest, I was never big on them anyway.

My shoulders have always responded good, and I do laterals and bent over raises now...maybe 3-4 sets of each. And to be honest, I am hit or miss with training them. I will do shoulders 2-3 weeks in a row, and then skip a week here or there especially if my partner is doing something different.

I do very little annual shoulder pressing, maybe just 6-8 times a year

I don't do these anymore. Too much pressure on the cervical vertebrae. Post fusion, doc tells me not to do these.

Hey Brick, my doc never mention this. Good to hear thou. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity