over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

who drinks raw eggs? (eye of the tiger)

i am sick of boiling eggs,peeling them, chewing... it just takes too long...
i been putting 6egg whites into my protein shakes and only takes 10seconds to down.

how many of you guys drink raw eggs and any of you gotten sick from it?

People still do this? One in 10,000 eggs may be contaminated with Salmonella. Guess the odds are not too bad.... ok, im in!:D

I hope you're joking

guys im sure he was

raw protein of any sort is a waste right? we dont have enough stomach acid to completely break it down? like animals and dogs have higher acid content so they can eat raw no issue. I dont think we have a system thats efficient enough to break down raw meats or any proteins.

thats why i always spit it out ahahhahaha j/k

guys im sure he was

raw protein of any sort is a waste right? we dont have enough stomach acid to completely break it down? like animals and dogs have higher acid content so they can eat raw no issue. I dont think we have a system thats efficient enough to break down raw meats or any proteins.

thats why i always spit it out ahahhahaha j/k

Cooked eggs and pasturized milk both give me gas and bloating. That would be a sign of incomplete digestion right? Raw milk and raw eggs do not cause this problem. I would submit to you that there is a more complete digestion with them raw

interesting,

raw eggs give me more gas

and yes i agree that gas/fart mean incomplete digestion,,,,whats the word, dyspepsia right?

hmmmm

then there is stuff like apple cider vinegar that could probalby help with acidity.

thanks.

interesting,

and yes i agree that gas/fart mean incomplete digestion,,,,whats the word, dyspepsia right?

hmmmm

then there is stuff like apple cider vinegar that could probalby help with acidity.

thanks.

Just a question but did you add them too a whey shake or have you tried them strait or blended in raw milk? I also take ACV if I eat carbs and I like it

ahhahah no way i would mix it, holy shit

liquid kinda Bragg brand,,,i would take a tablespoon on its own after a meal and chug water

right now im using vitacost caps so i dont have to do that

you like it better with carb meals? its good for lowering BG right?

This is something I came up with after a little bout of salmonella poisoning a few years ago from eating raw eggs. I don't know if it really works or is just bro-science but I thought I'd offer it up...

I microwave my raw eggs (cracked in a microwave safe tumbler) for a few minutes at a low power setting (1 or 2 out of 10) -- the egg whites turn milky but do not congeal -- considering pasteurized eggs are placed in water around 140 degrees for over 3 minutes and show no change to the color of the whites, I feel that my microwaved pasteurization process is more than adequate.

Empirically it seems to have worked for me, I haven't experienced salmonella poisoning in 3 years using this process -- however, I must warn you: use this process at your own risk.

-driven

gdamn, i thought the poisoning was happening in the ooold days not in 2011 ahhahaha, fuck that

i think you are good on that,

i will probably do the frying pan method, it might be tastier as long as i dont over cook it

from wiki Pasteurized eggs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shell egg pasteurization process
Pasteurizing eggs in their shells is achieved through patented processes that involve a series of warm water baths.[2] According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, “Shell eggs can be pasteurized by a processor if FDA approves the process. The equipment to pasteurize shell eggs isn't available for home use, and it is not possible to pasteurize shell eggs at home without cooking the contents of the egg.”[3]

After pasteurization, the eggs are coated with food-grade wax to maintain freshness and prevent environmental contamination and stamped with a red "P" in a circle to distinguish them from unpasteurized eggs.[8]

[edit] Quality of pasteurized shell eggs
Opinion on the quality of pasteurized shell eggs is mixed, and sometimes depends on whether comparisons involve experimental processes or products that are actually on the market. According to North Carolina State University, pasteurized shell eggs are nutritionally and aesthetically equivalent to their unpasteurized counterparts.[7] Taste tests noted deficiencies in pasteurized shell eggs experimentally produced via a microwaved pasteurization process (not for commercially available pasteurized shell eggs).[9] Using commercially available pasteurized shell eggs, a San Francisco Chronicle reporter noted a "slight chemical taste" for pasteurized shell eggs,[10] and a Lifescript blogger noted a "barely detectable" flavor and aroma difference and stated the eggs were "worth" their price.[11] Relish magazine states that pasteurized shell eggs “look like real eggs, act like real eggs and taste like real eggs.”[12] Perishable Foods Connection cites a "total product consistency” with the commercially available pasteurized shell egg product.[13] “Independent taste tests conducted in Good Housekeeping kitchens have not been able to tell any differences between raw and pasteurized eggs,” according to Food Safety News.[14] According to International Business Times, demand for pasteurized shell eggs within the foodservice industry is strong because “states such as California, Iowa, Michigan, Wisconsin and Illinois have adopted the most recent FDA Food Code, in which pasteurized shell eggs shall be substituted for raw eggs to at-risk groups.”[15]

[edit] Exemption for pasteurized shell eggs
The FDA Food Code exempts pasteurized shell eggs from the definition of a potentially hazardous food.”[1] Likewise, the U.S. Department of Agriculture exempts pasteurized shell eggs from the requirement to carry a safe handling advisory statement.[3]

The U.S. Department of Agriculture also states, “In-shell pasteurized eggs may be used safely without cooking.”[3]

This is the only way to get your egg protein IMO. Quick and painless. My only complaint is that my hair grows much fast / more hair cuts:cool:

Yes i do...you dont need to mix it with anything, just break and pour straight into your mouth, not a big deal.

Maybe this thread should be merged with the raw milk and raw chicken threads - LOL.

I eat the occasional serving of raw shellfish; so maybe Im not Mr. Food Safety. But i'll let you guys have your raw eggs, milk, etc. In the "good old days," food contaminated with micro-organisms made a lot of people sick. And these days junk foods help cause life-style diseases like diabetes. The happy medium IMHO is eating wholesome food where we've killed micro-organisms via cooking etc.

Maybe this thread should be merged with the raw milk and raw chicken threads - LOL.

I eat the occasional serving of raw shellfish; so maybe Im not Mr. Food Safety. But i'll let you guys have your raw eggs, milk, etc. In the "good old days," food contaminated with micro-organisms made a lot of people sick. And these days junk foods help cause life-style diseases like diabetes. The happy medium IMHO is eating wholesome food where we've killed micro-organisms via cooking etc.

pussy...LOL...j/K

I mix them in my AM and PWO shakes. With the protein/oats/PB etc., once you blend them you don't even know they are there anymore. I've tried drinking them straight up but I don't have the stomach for it.

cook them please, you are wasting protein

proof?

check your piss and poop,,,that would suck undigested, and unabsorbed protein passing through your intestine probably bad for entero bug growth and etc etc.. euewww, how does your fart smell eating raw eggs? if its terrible tahts called dyspepsia protein indigestion so yeah wasteful and polluting the gym air ahhahaha

Amount and fate of egg protein escaping assimilation in the small intestine of humans
Pieter Evenepoel, Dirk Claus, Benny Geypens, Martin Hiele, Karen Geboes, Paul Rutgeerts, and Yvo Ghoos
+ Author Affiliations

1 Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Gastrointestinal Research Centre, University Hospital Leuven, B-3000 Louvain, Belgium
Submitted 25 June 1998. accepted in final form 2 August 1999.
Abstract
Studies attempting to evaluate protein assimilation in humans have hitherto relied on either ileostomy subjects or intubation techniques. The availability of stable isotope-labeled protein allowed us to determine the amount and fate of dietary protein escaping digestion and absorption in the small intestine of healthy volunteers using noninvasive tracer techniques. Ten healthy volunteers were studied once after ingestion of a cooked test meal, consisting of 25 g of13C-,15N-, and2H-labeled egg protein, and once after ingestion of the same but raw meal. Amounts of 5.73% and 35.10% (P < 0.005) of cooked and raw test meal, respectively, escaped digestion and absorption in the small intestine. A significantly higher percentage of the malabsorbed raw egg protein was recovered in urine as fermentation metabolites. These results 1) confirm that substantial amounts of even easily digestible proteins may escape assimilation in healthy volunteers and 2) further support the hypothesis that the metabolic fate of protein in the colon is affected by the amount of protein made available. Digestibility of Cooked and Raw Egg Protein in Humans as Assessed by Stable Isotope Techniques1,2,3
Pieter Evenepoel, Benny Geypens, Anja Luypaerts, Martin Hiele, Yvo Ghoos4, and Paul Rutgeerts
+ Author Affiliations

1 Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Gastrointestinal Research Centre, University Hospital Leuven, B-3000 Leuven, Belgium
Abstract
Egg proteins contribute substantially to the daily nitrogen allowances in Western countries and are generally considered to be highly digestible. However, information is lacking on the true ileal digestibility of either raw or cooked egg protein. The recent availability of stable isotope–labeled egg protein allowed determination of the true ileal digestibility of egg protein by means of noninvasive tracer techniques. Five ileostomy patients were studied, once after ingestion of a test meal consisting of 25 g of cooked 13C- and 15N-labeled egg protein, and once after ingestion of the same test meal in raw form. Ileal effluents and breath samples were collected at regular intervals after consumption of the test meal and analyzed for 15N- and 13C-content, respectively. The true ileal digestibility of cooked and raw egg protein amounted to 90.9 ± 0.8 and 51.3 ± 9.8%, respectively. A significant negative correlation (r = −0.92, P < 0.001) was found between the 13C-recovery in breath and the recovery of exogenous N in the ileal effluents. In summary, using the 15N-dilution technique we demonstrated that the assimilation of cooked egg protein is efficient, albeit incomplete, and that the true ileal digestibility of egg protein is significantly enhanced by heat-pretreatment. A simple 13C-breath test technique furthermore proved to be a suitable alternative for the evaluation of the true ileal digestibility of egg protein.

someone probably mentioned this

humans are not dogs, dogs have higher acidic stomach so they can eat raw food and DENATURE them and absorb

we cant do that well so we must DENATURE first then eat

dont worry, denature only destroys functions of enzymes and shapes, we are consuming protein for overall nitrogen content, who cares about 'alive' and active proteins in your belly, euww.

easier to understand? lets say you dont have any teeth or just got wisdom teeth removed, when i had mine removed i blended, tuna/chicken soup, crackers all kinds in a blender and drank it.......probably lessened digestion from elminating salive enzymes but compared to chewing, bolus is bolus at that point. did i lose any ? nope, did it look completely different than unblended food yes. thats all im saying, you should cook, denature raw protein so we can absorb better

if there is an opposing human study please show it to us

cook them please, you are wasting protein

proof?

check your piss and poop,,,that would suck undigested, and unabsorbed protein passing through your intestine probably bad for entero bug growth and etc etc.. euewww, how does your fart smell eating raw eggs? if its terrible tahts called dyspepsia protein indigestion so yeah wasteful and polluting the gym air ahhahaha

Amount and fate of egg protein escaping assimilation in the small intestine of humans
Pieter Evenepoel, Dirk Claus, Benny Geypens, Martin Hiele, Karen Geboes, Paul Rutgeerts, and Yvo Ghoos
+ Author Affiliations

1 Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Gastrointestinal Research Centre, University Hospital Leuven, B-3000 Louvain, Belgium
Submitted 25 June 1998. accepted in final form 2 August 1999.
Abstract
Studies attempting to evaluate protein assimilation in humans have hitherto relied on either ileostomy subjects or intubation techniques. The availability of stable isotope-labeled protein allowed us to determine the amount and fate of dietary protein escaping digestion and absorption in the small intestine of healthy volunteers using noninvasive tracer techniques. Ten healthy volunteers were studied once after ingestion of a cooked test meal, consisting of 25 g of13C-,15N-, and2H-labeled egg protein, and once after ingestion of the same but raw meal. Amounts of 5.73% and 35.10% (P < 0.005) of cooked and raw test meal, respectively, escaped digestion and absorption in the small intestine. A significantly higher percentage of the malabsorbed raw egg protein was recovered in urine as fermentation metabolites. These results 1) confirm that substantial amounts of even easily digestible proteins may escape assimilation in healthy volunteers and 2) further support the hypothesis that the metabolic fate of protein in the colon is affected by the amount of protein made available. Digestibility of Cooked and Raw Egg Protein in Humans as Assessed by Stable Isotope Techniques1,2,3
Pieter Evenepoel, Benny Geypens, Anja Luypaerts, Martin Hiele, Yvo Ghoos4, and Paul Rutgeerts
+ Author Affiliations

1 Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Gastrointestinal Research Centre, University Hospital Leuven, B-3000 Leuven, Belgium
Abstract
Egg proteins contribute substantially to the daily nitrogen allowances in Western countries and are generally considered to be highly digestible. However, information is lacking on the true ileal digestibility of either raw or cooked egg protein. The recent availability of stable isotope–labeled egg protein allowed determination of the true ileal digestibility of egg protein by means of noninvasive tracer techniques. Five ileostomy patients were studied, once after ingestion of a test meal consisting of 25 g of cooked 13C- and 15N-labeled egg protein, and once after ingestion of the same test meal in raw form. Ileal effluents and breath samples were collected at regular intervals after consumption of the test meal and analyzed for 15N- and 13C-content, respectively. The true ileal digestibility of cooked and raw egg protein amounted to 90.9 ± 0.8 and 51.3 ± 9.8%, respectively. A significant negative correlation (r = −0.92, P < 0.001) was found between the 13C-recovery in breath and the recovery of exogenous N in the ileal effluents. In summary, using the 15N-dilution technique we demonstrated that the assimilation of cooked egg protein is efficient, albeit incomplete, and that the true ileal digestibility of egg protein is significantly enhanced by heat-pretreatment. A simple 13C-breath test technique furthermore proved to be a suitable alternative for the evaluation of the true ileal digestibility of egg protein.

Great post with some real info. Spude, you are right. I'm not gonna let myself get intimidated by some puny-ass bacterium. Besides, a few cells just add to the flavor and protein content!

I drop 3 raw egss in my protein shake every morning and at night. :)

interesting,

hmmmm

thanks.

so with raweggs its always good to drink with vinegar?

or is there something that can replace vinegar? like eat a pickle or something instead?

just thinkin about doing a shot of vinegar is making me sour...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity