over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who else feels the same?

You and me both! That’s the reason I started putting together my own equipment setup. I loathed public gyms. I can’t even imagine hitting one today with social media the way it is…

Cage
Dude my local commercial golds is rife with camera tripods and shirtless 180 lb dudes flexing and talking about their Tren and dbol cycles while filming themselves pressing 120 lbs on a bench machine. I need a home gym asap

You and me both! That’s the reason I started putting together my own equipment setup. I loathed public gyms. I can’t even imagine hitting one today with social media the way it is…

Cage

Cage

I completely understand you both. I am to that point as well...loathe. I really don't understand how younger people think. I don't want to sound like the "old guy" but they are for the most part kids are self serving , egotistical, not in reality, assholes. We now go to a small gym that is expensive and. It much equipment, just to get away from the bull shit.

I’m there right now..just doing maintenance in the gym and cardio..but have really amped up my job specific training which is equally physically demanding if not more

Dude my local commercial golds is rife with camera tripods and shirtless 180 lb dudes flexing and talking about their Tren and dbol cycles while filming themselves pressing 120 lbs on a bench machine. I need a home gym asap
😂😂😂

I had to laugh at this shit. I’ve been here for work for about a year and have never seen shirtless til up here. Lmao

5B6EAD81-89F5-426D-BBF9-04FD3E0AB152.jpeg F8A35AB5-786F-4648-A1B2-3F7A840DF350.jpeg

Ive been lifting now for probably 15 years and Ive come to a point in my training where I don’t even look forward to going to the gym anymore. I do push myself to go to the gym and eat a certain way though because I know I have to in order to maintain the look but I definitely do not enjoy it like I once did. Anybody else feel them same ?

Walk away from weights.

Turn your back on it until you you are dying to get back to lifting.

Do now creat a set time limit for being away. That will occur organically. You will know it, that fire in your belly, but do not start lifting again until the passion returns.

Also, as much as I hate LA Fitness I keep my membership and go 2-3x per week just because of the sheer amount of unbelievable looking females that are practically naked there working out...

Certainly helps with motivation

😂😂😂

I had to laugh at this shit. I’ve been here for work for about a year and have never seen shirtless til up here. Lmao

View attachment 165744View attachment 165745Fuck me. That's great! Just like one of the gyms we go to (rarely now because ..that). I don't get it. After years off, and starting back 4ish years ago I was blown away. Most of these people I see that are shirtless I genuinely can't tell they have ever worked out. I wish I had the confidence as they do. Lol.Most days it's comical, but if it's already been one of those days with work, kids, ect.....I get so annoyed.
Fuck me. That's great! Just like one of the gyms we go to (rarely now because ..that). I don't get it. After years off, and starting back 4ish years ago I was blown away. Most of these people I see that are shirtless I genuinely can't tell they have ever worked out. I wish I had the confidence as they do. Lol.Most days it's comical, but if it's already been one of those days with work, kids, ect.....I get so annoyed.

I completely understand you both. I am to that point as well...loathe. I really don't understand how younger people think. I don't want to sound like the "old guy" but they are for the most part kids are self serving , egotistical, not in reality, assholes. We now go to a small gym that is expensive and. It much equipment, just to get away from the bull shit.
Kids have always been like that. That is why we call them kids.

Only now they have technology to augment their behavior. Unfortunately many of the things that get recorded may come back to haunt them . . . with concrete proof of their playfulness at best or at the worst, highly regrettable recordings.

Build a home gym. (I had one from 18 - 22) I am too lazy to do it now. Plus the gym to adds an element of motivation, some place to ‘go’ where I can do everything at one place. Thankfully my gym caters to an older crowd so I rarely see what others have been describing. If so I were you, if possible, ask the front desk when the gym is then least crowded and go then.

Ive been lifting now for probably 15 years and Ive come to a point in my training where I don’t even look forward to going to the gym anymore. I do push myself to go to the gym and eat a certain way though because I know I have to in order to maintain the look but I definitely do not enjoy it like I once did. Anybody else feel them same ?
Lmfao

Also, as much as I hate LA Fitness I keep my membership and go 2-3x per week just because of the sheer amount of unbelievable looking females that are practically naked there working out...

Certainly helps with motivation
Honestly this and a good regular training crew are the only things I miss about lifting at home. Home gym fits my lifestyle and family/work commitments (plus sets a visible example for kids) and there's not much in the way of gym scenery where I live anyway.

Only now they have technology to augment their behavior. Unfortunately many of the things that get recorded may come back to haunt them . . . with concrete proof of their playfulness at best or at the worst, highly regrettable recordings.

Build a home gym. (I had one from 18 - 22) I am too lazy to do it now. Plus the gym to adds an element of motivation, some place to ‘go’ where I can do everything at one place. Thankfully my gym caters to an older crowd so I rarely see what others have been describing. If so I were you, if possible, ask the front desk when the gym is then least crowded and go then.

I do understand your position about kids being kids and always have been. That maybe true to a degree but I don't necessarily feel that way. I do agree from a generation to generation degree what we see as we get older.
Just as Levi said he sees things in the gym now that he's never seen before. Shirtless for example. Hard to argue that bc he's starting he's never seen that before (just as example).
I will give a example on a larger basis and not just the fitness industry. School shootings. I don't ever remember when I was younger many school shootings (one, maybe two) bc a kid was bullied at the school. Another example is how i see kids talk to there parents when I go into my children's elementary school. Again maybe it happened but for the most part I don't remember my friends talking shitty constantly to there parents.
Like I said i definitely agree as we get older we do start to see things in younger generation that isn't up to the older generation standards. In my personal opinion kids and society as a whole is more fucked than ever. Maybe I do the changing the way i think as we age more than kids have changed, but I don't believe so. Maybe I'm just naive and it always went on but I'm blown away what I now see in kids and society as a whole.

Here’s what I was able to cram into a 20’x20’ area. Been rearranged several times and multiple different pieces swapped out, but this is where I’ve landed.

If I ever move out into the country I’ll have a 40’x40’ gym and a 30’x40’ shop. That would be heaven for me! The wife can do whatever to the house, just as long as I have room to pour 2 slabs and erect two metal buildings on the property for the gym & shop!

Cage

Attachments

• 78F1D2E1-BDAE-408C-AFF6-08A86245752E.jpeg
    78F1D2E1-BDAE-408C-AFF6-08A86245752E.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 31
  • B467AA4D-842C-45BE-BCB0-CFA20E73C8B3.jpeg
    B467AA4D-842C-45BE-BCB0-CFA20E73C8B3.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 3A302E4E-EBF1-4121-B860-41D0A67D7006.jpeg
    3A302E4E-EBF1-4121-B860-41D0A67D7006.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 17C0DEDB-727B-4F2F-93F9-542134066C97.jpeg
    17C0DEDB-727B-4F2F-93F9-542134066C97.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 32
WTF??? Why they not wearing a shirt? Like they workout topless? Or just take off their shirt to flex in the mirror?

Cage
Hahaha I think it was just Flex Time although they were trying to workout until management told them to put their clothes on

Here’s what I was able to cram into a 20’x20’ area. Been rearranged several times and multiple different pieces swapped out, but this is where I’ve landed.

If I ever move out into the country I’ll have a 40’x40’ gym and a 30’x40’ shop. That would be heaven for me! The wife can do whatever to the house, just as long as I have room to pour 2 slabs and erect two metal buildings on the property for the gym & shop!

Cage
Yo dawg if I’m in your neck of the woods I’ll bribe you to let me lift there that looks awesome. If you got your hands on more space… damn

😂😂😂

View attachment 165744View attachment 165745
Lmfaoooo

Tbh I have zero hate for dudes ‘mirin their own gains, but the problem is dudes like this don’t HAVE any gains. I consider this level of fuckery on par with unsolicited dick pics when they have a 4 inch pencil.

If you’re gonna flash it, make sure it’s worth showing off. Until then, keep your shit covered.

After over 45 year of training, desire can come and go. But i have never wanted to not go to the gym. I change things enough that to keep from getting burnt or bored.

WTF??? Why they not wearing a shirt? Like they workout topless? Or just take off their shirt to flex in the mirror?

Cage
At my gym it's topless. Kids say early mid 20's and younger walk in and take shirts off before starting. Very bizarre in my opinion.
Also awesome set up at home. That's great man. Exactly what I want. We have the room just need to start purchasing. We want to get Atleqst two days at home. A push day and arm day would probably be the least financially. Something like that would be great.

At my gym it's topless. Kids say early mid 20's and younger walk in and take shirts off before starting. Very bizarre in my opinion.
Also awesome set up at home. That's great man. Exactly what I want. We have the room just need to start purchasing. We want to get Atleqst two days at home. A push day and arm day would probably be the least financially. Something like that would be great.

Best thing I ever did was get a supplemental home setup. Never went back to the gym after other than to see friends. Once I realized I could have it all, I expanded, especially when I got a bigger home in the suburbs. I occasionally host group lifts and have friends over but mostly train alone.

Classic start is a rack, bench (flat or adjustable), bar and plates.

Rogue, Rep Fitness and Titan see good starting spots as well as used marketplace and Craigslist. Uses commercial can be had too there.

Buddy just got a Rogue SML-1 with adjustable bench from Rep (just as an example). A step up would be a half rack which adds plate storage and pull up bar.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws