over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who else feels the same?

Here’s what I was able to cram into a 20’x20’ area. Been rearranged several times and multiple different pieces swapped out, but this is where I’ve landed.

If I ever move out into the country I’ll have a 40’x40’ gym and a 30’x40’ shop. That would be heaven for me! The wife can do whatever to the house, just as long as I have room to pour 2 slabs and erect two metal buildings on the property for the gym & shop!

Cage
I got a mini split (hvac) in my garage gym too. Great addition

Ive been lifting now for probably 15 years and Ive come to a point in my training where I don’t even look forward to going to the gym anymore. I do push myself to go to the gym and eat a certain way though because I know I have to in order to maintain the look but I definitely do not enjoy it like I once did. Anybody else feel them same ?
You need 13g and 50ius of GH homie.

Best thing I ever did was get a supplemental home setup. Never went back to the gym after other than to see friends. Once I realized I could have it all, I expanded, especially when I got a bigger home in the suburbs. I occasionally host group lifts and have friends over but mostly train alone.

Classic start is a rack, bench (flat or adjustable), bar and plates.

Rogue, Rep Fitness and Titan see good starting spots as well as used marketplace and Craigslist. Uses commercial can be had too there.

Buddy just got a Rogue SML-1 with adjustable bench from Rep (just as an example). A step up would be a half rack which adds plate storage and pull up bar.
Yep, best way to start is with a quality rack. I’d recommend getting one that has 3” supports. The industry is heading this way as a whole so you’ll need the 3” supports for attachments and such.

Can’t go wrong with Titan. They’re basically a Chinese knock off of Rogue. Same quality equipment at a 1/4 of the price!

Some others mentioned like Rep, Force, New York Barbell, Titan, Ironmaster, Archon, York Barbell, etc, etc. Too many to list!

I’ve never had luck getting stuff from gyms closing down. They always wanted damn near sticker costs for all equipment. I’m not willing to do that. Got probably 4,000lbs in plates. I’d say 90% came from Craigslist. It may be harder though with Covid still being a thing.

Aside from a rack invest in lat/cable machine, adjustable dumbbells, and leg/hack press machine.

I personally started acquiring mine in 06. Once you get the basics then you can grab specialty items lil by lil.

Cage

I got a mini split (hvac) in my garage gym too. Great addition
Man I used to not have anything but fans. Summer time here though was ROUGH!!!!! It’s like a sauna here 7 months out of the year!

I grabbed that 1.5 ton mini split off Amazon in 2017 and installed it myself. Mine’s the Mr. Cool DIY one. I had to add an extra electrical circuit to account for it though since my panel was full. Took me 3hrs to install the panel circuit, wiring, and AC unit! I recommend it to everyone, cause it’s super easy to install and you don’t need an AC guy!!!

Cage

You aren’t alone, a singular approach to training winds up with me getting freakishly burnt out and quickly.

I love dedicating singular days to goals and finding ways to intertwine multiple goals.

In a week usually two sprint days + plyometeic movement, a long slow distance + work capacity day, hypertrophy + injury prevention/rehab day, specialty days for upcoming events.

This is my go to when I get utterly demolished; I’ve been trying to find ways to incorporate de-load phases but I haven’t been too successfully in finding an approach I like.

OP, didn’t you just have a newborn recently? Life’s changing in real time with you is all. Take some time away from the gym to enjoy the lil one. That time flies by!!!! I know at times it can be frustrating, but it’ll pass. Eventually your home life with normalize/stabilize and you can reassess your goals. Maybe the gym won’t be a big part anymore. Then again maybe it will!

Cage
Thanks for the advice brother !!

Beasts I’ve been in a very similar place as you and recently as well. So my advice is not gonna tel be
Me telling you what to do. But instead I’ll tell you what I’m doing now to help my own situation. I’ve been training close to the same amount of time as you not consistently but close to 75% of that time period. For the most part I’ve always been super consistent with a workout schedule with my eating with my entire life being like a robot . And if I went off track I’d bash myself and feel guilty and be hard AF on myself. Listen listen listen it’s ok to change it up and rest more mix up your schedule enjoy other foods if your tired take a rest and relax. It was hard at first and I thought to myself I’m gonna shrink I’m gonna get weak I’m gonna look fat I’m gonna look skinny all types of mind games. And you wanna know the truth, none of that happened. My weight flincated maybe 5-7 lbs and it’s brought back that enjoyment again. There’s times I only go to the gym 3x a week now then there’s other times I go 5x a week. If I wanna go out with my girl or kids and have a nice dinner or some drinks I do that. Don’t make your hobby into a job. We don’t get paid for this remeber that. I can go on and on about various other things but it’ll turn into an essay. If you wanna talk or ask me anything send me a Pm bro and willl talk or email whatever’s easiest. Keep your head up my friend

Beasts I’ve been in a very similar place as you and recently as well. So my advice is not gonna tel be
Me telling you what to do. But instead I’ll tell you what I’m doing now to help my own situation. I’ve been training close to the same amount of time as you not consistently but close to 75% of that time period. For the most part I’ve always been super consistent with a workout schedule with my eating with my entire life being like a robot . And if I went off track I’d bash myself and feel guilty and be hard AF on myself. Listen listen listen it’s ok to change it up and rest more mix up your schedule enjoy other foods if your tired take a rest and relax. It was hard at first and I thought to myself I’m gonna shrink I’m gonna get weak I’m gonna look fat I’m gonna look skinny all types of mind games. And you wanna know the truth, none of that happened. My weight flincated maybe 5-7 lbs and it’s brought back that enjoyment again. There’s times I only go to the gym 3x a week now then there’s other times I go 5x a week. If I wanna go out with my girl or kids and have a nice dinner or some drinks I do that. Don’t make your hobby into a job. We don’t get paid for this remeber that. I can go on and on about various other things but it’ll turn into an essay. If you wanna talk or ask me anything send me a Pm bro and willl talk or email whatever’s easiest. Keep your head up my friend
Very well said. It’s just soooo damn hard to lose that guilt. I haven’t quite got it figured out yet either. Don’t get me wrong, I still relax and have a few drinks and “cheat” meals but the guilt ALMOST makes it not worth it. I need to not use the “cheat” word and convince myself I’m not cheating on anything. The only thing I’m cheating myself self out of is some of life’s little pleasures.

Very well said. It’s just soooo damn hard to lose that guilt. I haven’t quite got it figured out yet either. Don’t get me wrong, I still relax and have a few drinks and “cheat” meals but the guilt ALMOST makes it not worth it. I need to not use the “cheat” word and convince myself I’m not cheating on anything. The only thing I’m cheating myself self out of is some of life’s little pleasures.
You are so right brother!

Awesome advice brother. I will shoot you a pm. I love the advice all you guys have given. That’s why I love this forum so much. This is a brotherhood 💪💪

Ive been lifting now for probably 15 years and Ive come to a point in my training where I don’t even look forward to going to the gym anymore. I do push myself to go to the gym and eat a certain way though because I know I have to in order to maintain the look but I definitely do not enjoy it like I once did. Anybody else feel them same ?
A break from the gym will re-energize your come back.

Been there...I'd change something (maybe even take a small break). I'm having a blast now doing full body 3-5 times a week. One exercise to failure per bodypart. Fun as all get out and I can make my workouts last anywhere from 25 minutes to an hour so it's super flexible.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member