over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who else gets ragged on?

I constantly get the "Your boobs are bigger than mine" comment from women when I'm out...& never know how to take it....are the fishing for a compliment, how do u respond...esp they aren't well developed...& normally its accompanied by a poke in the chest...is it right/wrong to return the contact...I'm socially retarded i think :confused:

I think its alittle bit of insecurity for some, complimentary from others. FACE IT! You can live a very healthy life, without being huge. Its not about or soley about health, its about image. I would say Im just about at the top, im bigger than average men, but Im not like Ronnie or Jay big. Obviously I push weight, and when people comment, I realize that they recognize.

Does anyone here expect someone to bow down and begin hailing you? Becuase you are so muscular? Of course not.

I was in a gas station and the young female clurk couldn't hold back a small chuckle when I came to the counter. She appologised and told me that I reminded her of a "mini-hulk" (I'm kinda on the short side, 5'7) I used to get ragged on at first because everyone thought it was just a temporary thing. they didn't know anyone else who stuck with it and made it a lifestyle so they expected me to quit after a time and they made sure to let me know that. Well that was 9 years ago now those comments have stopped. Now I get comments about being dedicated and commitment. and those feel real good. But I did appretiate the hulk comment too.

I constantly get the "Your boobs are bigger than mine" comment from women when I'm out...& never know how to take it....are the fishing for a compliment, how do u respond...esp they aren't well developed...& normally its accompanied by a poke in the chest...is it right/wrong to return the contact...I'm socially retarded i think :confused:

When they say, "let me feel your chest", you go "let me feel yours too" - flirting and breaking the ice.

If they poke your chest without asking, be like "oh now its my turn" and pretend like you are going to just to tease. Don't actually do it because they might scream or think you are nuts.

:)

I always get make a muscle pointing to my arm. So I almost always do a tricep pose. One to prove a point, and two because my tri's are better than my bi's, lol. And when I'm really feeling good I'll do the famous javelin pose Arnold used to do. It's probably not called that but it's all I think of when I see it.

But for real raggin I do get called big head or 5 head all the time. I hate it but I can't control the size of my noggin. One of the reasons I started lifting weights was to get my body to match my over-sized head,lol.

I wouldn't say ragged on, but if I go out to the bar, which is rare, I can't walk 10 feet without someone making a comment or touching my various body parts. Dudes always grab the guns, bitches always grab the chest or ass.

Damn! Now that I think think of it people are really fuckin' weird.

If people talk shit about you, it's because they either fear you or envy you. Either way, I personally don't give a shit what anyone says.

whatever. rag on them back. Or moon them. Either works, depending on who it is.

I almost always take whatever they say as a compliment and it usually is. If there are two ways to take something someone says, pick the one that is the most complimentary to you. It will make your day better, I promise. Look for the good in their comments. In their own roundabout way, they are showing you their, envy, or often revealing their own self doubts. Unforunately, getting worked up about the words of others, reveals our own self doubts.

Most people have very little weight behind these off had comments. It is our perception of them that adds the weight and allows the dreaded "Rent space in our Head" issue to arise.

All the knicknames, the quetions "Are you a wrestler/football player etc, or even just "Who are you, you look like somebody" are acknowledgement that they have recognized you have put in more than average work and look different than the average guy.

This is an interesting thread. Im from NY and Im a sailor. Everytime I get out to sea, people dont mess with me. They actually think that I'll kill them. Its the funniest thing. They will purposely tell you things in "half-jest" to test your demeanor. One guy told me "I bet you can carry that whole pallet of paint on your own huh?" I said "yeah, but I wouldnt want to show you guys up LOL" and we just started laughing. Your response is vital to how people will view you. The word is Moes' cool, just dont piss him off. As long as people dont take themselves too seriously, most people can get along. I know how people view us. We are a novelty to them and thats ok. I accept that until people get to know me. My ship names are "bulk" (hulks' little brother LOL) and "rico suave" (long hair). You can tell when people want to push you and its those times when you get serious and just let them know to back off. I had this one dude tell me "Im not afraid of you". I said "what...uh...Im glad?!?!" LOL Stupid napoleon complex. How you perceive it will dictate how you respond. We work hard for what we have physically achieved and that makes us rare to the general populace. We are what we are...peace.

I get sick of the shit too.

Now, I'm at the point if I get ragged on I'll just tell them to go fuck themselves. I work on the rage face / war face. I hate people! I especially hate all the mindless idiot sheeples.

It's about time to thin the herd. It's way overdue.

I'm a gracious bastard. I'm getting ready to take away the gracious part.

I was in a gas station and the young female clurk couldn't hold back a small chuckle when I came to the counter. She appologised and told me that I reminded her of a "mini-hulk" (I'm kinda on the short side, 5'7) I used to get ragged on at first because everyone thought it was just a temporary thing. they didn't know anyone else who stuck with it and made it a lifestyle so they expected me to quit after a time and they made sure to let me know that. Well that was 9 years ago now those comments have stopped. Now I get comments about being dedicated and commitment. and those feel real good. But I did appretiate the hulk comment too.

Ive got the same situation too. I was worse way back when i first started getting serious into it, but i didnt handle myself well so i kinda deserved it. I was always so excited to talk about it that any time a tom dick or harry would ask a question, id dive into an in depth explanation, not realizing that in fact, they didnt really care about the answer. Now i just try to avoid talking about it as much as possible, and when people tell me their 'sweet workout plan' i just nod and say 'sounds good dude. lookin big', and thats the end of it. Saves alotta wasted breath ;)

The only thing that REALLY bothers me sometimes, cause i even get this from some of my close friends, is when i get accused of using AAS and hear the comments 'well if i was on steroids i would be huge too'. Now ive got nothin against gear, but personally i dont use it, and i find it insulting that these people just assume if you make progress you MUST be using it since they have no way to comprehend hard work. Plus id love to see most of them hop on gear with their work ethic, and watch them not even gain a pd since the gear is all they would rely on, and not put in the diet or proper training! :rolleyes:

I constantly get the "Your boobs are bigger than mine" comment from women when I'm out...& never know how to take it....are the fishing for a compliment, how do u respond...

say, "prove it" :p

seriously, fairs fair. If they say that and grab your chest, its only fair that you grab their chest too! Women always complain about a double standard, this is a great opportunity to help out the cause and treat them like equals :D

the only way to get this shit to go away (from what I've discovered) is you have to talk to them like they are little kids. Talk down to them like they are ignorant morons ...."Well....you see junior, I guess I just like to exercise because when you grow older you want to sleep with chicks, and you want them to also want to sleep with you...and working out helps. You should try it." I've gotten into all sorts of shit with people about it, the best comeback I've ever had though was "Well at least my wife can still look at me and wanna fuck, yours too!!" But this was a comeback that was strictly shot out to someone who def crossed the line and would not let it go. He had about 30 people laughing at him after I let that sledgehammer of an insult loose!!

People call me all the names and ask me all the questions... "Hey big guy, you play football?". I reply with "No, I'm not that into football, I'm a powerlifter". Then they confuse it with bodybuilding and there is a entire schpeel I have to go threw explaining the difference. I do find it annoying when people make a big deal about me making food or drinking protein at work.. I really don't know what to say. It's so routine for me that I forget others don't even know about it.
The worst is people asking for advice and then when I give it to them they look at me like I don't know what I'm talking about.
But like was said previous, at least they're recognizing that you do something that the average person does not. Even if they don't understand or they think it's silly it could be worse... you could be them!

LOL!! Tell them, "Are you sure? Let's compare." :D

Well, I'm not a big person by any means but I get comments every once in a great while. Yesterday I went to the store to pick up dessert for Easter at my Aunt's. I grabbed a carrot cake and went to the ice cream freezers and as my friend and I were looking a guy behind me asked me, "What do you do?" I said, "Pardon me?" As I though I was suppose to know him from somewhere. He asked me, "Where do you work?" I told him I was a student. He said, "Oh, I was just wondering what you did 'cause your arms are HUGE!" :p I just laughed and said thanks. He then told my bud, "You'd better not piss her off!" To which he just ignored him. Lol! (He's pretty shy.) What I was wearing wasn't out of the norm, I dressed for Easter dinner: trousers and a polo shirt. I think for the most part people don't really notice.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131