over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who else struggles to grow?

Not sure why people get so defensive about dc training hit etc.

It's not like Conan said is really so outlandish... considering few pros use most people would consider low volume. These boards people take themselves awfully serious.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

I CAN GROW IF...

I can grow if I take in enough protein manipulate the carbs train like a mother fucker and sleep, oh and I need a little extra help with some supps. So its all diet, sups, training and sleep for me. For me the biggest is the diet though. If my diet is not in check it is as if I am just maintaining. I noticed from trial and error that if I take in the protein I grow. Just my experience.

my simple opinion on a solution....train less (but intense), cut any cardio way back, and quit worrying about a "bodybuilding" diet...shoot for 2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight...and other than that eat everything not tied down to the floor!! At 21 and 1g/test a week, somethings wrong....quit eating like a bird (and YES, YOU ARE!)...simple as that. Everyone THINKS they eat big:rolleyes:

my simple opinion on a solution....train less (but intense), cut any cardio way back, and quit worrying about a "bodybuilding" diet...shoot for 2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight...and other than that eat everything not tied down to the floor!! At 21 and 1g/test a week, somethings wrong....quit eating like a bird (and YES, YOU ARE!)...simple as that. Everyone THINKS they eat big:rolleyes:

Exactly. It can get fustrating cos some of these people have been about awhile (even though they are young). Just be patient and listen to your body... you will learn that through time.

And sure you can overeat. But these guys come on eating standard cals training all the time and wonder why they are not growing. Many argue over training, cardio etc etc. All methods can work you just need to find what works for you. But obviously if your in your early 20's and training multiple sets and failure points and eating a certain way and not growing... especially if your on 1g test at 21... you can safely come to the conclusion your not doing it the best way you could.

You are aware weight training boosts your metabolism and burns cals? You are aware lots of cardio does the same? Then surely it is common sense to lower training volume. Try a mon, wed, fri routine. Just do 1 working set per bodypart. Hey do more if you want but if you do lower your bodyparts for that session. If your doing cardio 5 times per week just do 2 days per week. And the best advice I can give you is eat more.

They all say the same... but I eat x amount and that should work. Everyone is different. Just cos you may have read z person grows eating that it doesn't mean you will. Obviously it is not working so change it. They used to come into my shop saying but I eat enough... but obviously they don't cos look at them.

It's quite simple. Eat lots of complex carbs such as oatmeal, fruit, brown pasta, brown rice, sweet patotes. Lots of good protein such as beef, chicken, turkey, fish. Lots of good fats such as olive oil, coconut oil, brazil nuts, almonds, eggs etc etc. Find what suits you but a good balanced diet is usually the best. A few cheat meals from time such as double cheese burgers or a chinese meal... they will help you... don't be scared of them.

Train intense but not everyday. Ensure you have atleast 1 full day off after training sessions.

A key point is train to progress. Train to progressively get stronger. Keep notes fo your working sets and try to beat them through time. Many variables but a stronger you is likely to be a bigger you. Remember to be patient. If yu start a routine don't judge it after 6 weeks... more like 6 months. Many need to change their mentalities regarding training... less is more usually (not for everyone). Eat big to get big

It's not like Conan said is really so outlandish... considering few pros use most people would consider low volume. These boards people take themselves awfully serious.

exactly...I am saying that it is better to find what works for your body...damn, DC must be a cult or something...hahaha

i was like you for years. 5'11 and could never go beyond 190, usually stayed around 180 no matter what.
then i realized. i trained way too much.
once i turned to dc training, with the 20 cals per pound diet and high protein, i gained constantly. now i'm 220.
you needa relearn. do one set to total failure for each bodypart and go
a b style. a is upper, b is lower. 3 days a week, aba,bab,a....

we need way more recovery time. diet and recovery.
if you dont train this way, then do it. after 6 weeks, tell me if yr not bigger and stronger.

I personally hate all this low volume work most people do...i believe that it only works on a very small percent of people actually...you have to have a very high pain tolerance with a quick recovery ability...when was the last time you squated for an hour straight with a partner doing 10 rep sets? when did u do 12-20 set workouts in less then 1 hour? remember that all the drugs we dump into our bodies do one thing....help you recover....1-2 hard sets are nothing to recover from...seriously.

read tim ferriss's book. look at the results he and his trainees got from the minimumized workout. look at my results. dont tell me it doesnt work. i know it does. for a fuckin fact i know.

i agree. for every 'guru' who advocates low volume, there are also tons of guys and gurus who like high volume and have the physiques/pics to back it up.

i myself have horrible genetics even with my diet, sleep, supps tuned in. i trained low volume and never gained shit. now i train higher volume and still make slow gains. but im doing much better on the high volume than the low. its whatever works....but some guys do get so defensive about their low volume i dont understand it :confused:

Im 5'8, 200lbs, mid cycle. I have ALWAYS had abs showing, and have never been over 209 in my life. I have NEVER been in the "cardio" section in my gym. I cant even get "fat" to tip the scales over 210 and up. This is with a bulky fast food/high carbs eat everything diet. I guess im still not eating enough by the sounds........ and im on 1g+ and drol..... It gets discouraging. I feel like all I do is eat and shit, lol

Im 5'8, 200lbs, mid cycle. I have ALWAYS had abs showing, and have never been over 209 in my life. I have NEVER been in the "cardio" section in my gym. I cant even get "fat" to tip the scales over 210 and up. This is with a bulky fast food/high carbs eat everything diet. I guess im still not eating enough by the sounds........ and im on 1g+ and drol..... It gets discouraging. I feel like all I do is eat and shit, lol
:(

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner