advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who has developed nice shoulders without doing OHP?

side laterals and rear delts on the incline bench , front heads are easy work on the others and your shoulders will be round and nice

In your avatar, you seem like you have nice rounded shoulders

My shoulders have been brought up from nothing. I have no natural shoulders per say. I have always had shoulder issues and cannot do overhead presses.

I'm often told my shoulders are no my strongest body part. So I can safely say OH presses, though very effective, are not essential.

**Typo Correction**
My shoulders have been brought up from nothing. I have no natural shoulders per say. I have always had shoulder issues and cannot do overhead presses.

I'm often told my shoulders ARE my strongest body part. So I can safely say OH presses, though very effective, are not essential.

no need for OHP

I haven't done OHP or any overhead press in over.... 8 or 9 years? I did some upright rows but not very often. Always laterals. mostly dumbells. some machines.
-F2S

Attachments

• delt shot pm 2.jpg
    delt shot pm 2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:
I stopped training shoulders years ago altogether because my shoulders are all fucked up with injury.. And they still look the same. I have genetically big shoulders. I recently started doing light laterals again, but I haven't done a press in probably over 4-5 years

Phil Hernon had me stop doing over head presses and just do lateral and my shoulder still looked good after doing that for nearly 2 years. I don't think they are needed to build good shoulders.

I would never do presses behind the neck, although early on in my lifting I did those when I was younger. Behind the neck is really rough on the shoulder. Now if I do them I do it in front and only bring the bar down as low as my chin. Bringing the bar down really low like touching your collar bone is asking for trouble IMO.

Anyone else actually have a problem with side laterals!?

They really fuck my shoulders up, in a bad way, sharp joint pain/aggravation

Overhead pressing is one thing that has actually never given me shoulder problems or even discomfort, even going balls heavy all the time, deep full range of motion touching clavicles, even the odd behind the neck, all fine

Then fuck around with some 10lb laterals, shit!!@#$@

Maybe just the way my fucked up shoulders are

Never been able to crack this over the years, shame too as it really seems simple to me that would work the medial deltoid so much better than a press variation, but I can't seem to get away with it

OSP are the only exercise that consistentlyou causes injury. Not because of form either. Juat always seems to cause upper back injuries around my shoulder bladea and pinched nerves.

In your avatar, you seem like you have nice rounded shoulders

i do smith machine front presses, not too heavy right now but its the laterals and rear delts that make it round and symmetric.
also vary the angle i stand for the laterals, I start standing up and allow the traps to be engaged, helps create nice tie ins, then as I get tired I bend the waist and take the traps out of the picture and just burn the delts

edit - I also focus on maintaining the elbows IN when doing front presses, only way to avoid injury is proper form

Last edited:
The thing is no one can say they have developed nice delts without overhead presses because EVERYONE would have done them for years and build a foundation of mass. Its when u have problems that u stop doing them lol like in my case (torn labrum ) . I stopped doing them for a year and a half now i think. don't need them. I want to preserve what i have got.

That's actually not true at all. I e probably done the overhead press less than 50 times over the 15 years I've worked out because I absolutely hate it, and my debts are massive and we'll developed especially the side delts

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Hence my avatar

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

The thing is no one can say they have developed nice delts without overhead presses because EVERYONE would have done them for years and build a foundation of mass. Its when u have problems that u stop doing them lol like in my case (torn labrum ) . I stopped doing them for a year and a half now i think. don't need them. I want to preserve what i have got.

That's a pretty strong statement..........Absolutes are NEVER absolute.

That's a pretty strong statement..........Absolutes are NEVER absolute.

what is strong statement ? that everyone done them at the early stages of lifting .

I defo think so.

I was referring to weightlifters and bodybuilders ( recreational & competitive) . If someone is in some sort of funny sport and they been lifting weights for 5 plus years and still never done a shoulder press I would be interested to know who they are.

Like i said people usually stop them or minimise them at later stages when they get issues. I know i did.

People usually don't get smart about training from day 1 lol

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

what is strong statement ? that everyone done them at the early stages of lifting .

I defo think so.

I was referring to weightlifters and bodybuilders ( recreational & competitive) . If someone is in some sort of funny sport and they been lifting weights for 5 plus years and still never done a shoulder press I would be interested to know who they are.

Like i said people usually stop them or minimise them at later stages when they get issues. I know i did.

People usually don't get smart about training from day 1 lol

My point is that I'm sure someone can say they developed nice delts without them.......I will admit I'm not one of them. I did them but no longer due.
And, if I had it to do over I wouldn't have done them.

So also can say I am not someone who was smart about training from day 1.

ok mate so its not you and its not me either who were 'smart' about training from day 1 as we have just established.

So do let me know when you find this 'someone' .

Someone who started training a little later in life, and was taken under the wings of someone with the knowledge.

I think his name is Al..........lol

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity