over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who has had their gall bladder removed

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
For the last month I’ve had serious issues with my stomach , I’ve had ulcers since I was 14 and they give me fits now and then but the last few years I get a bout of severe stomach issues , the ulcers flare up , bleed I have a hard time keeping food down. I’ve got meds on hand that I’ll take when this starts (antibiotics , antiinflamitories , PPI) but this last time it didn’t help. Went in for EGD , found 4 of the 6 ulcers were bleeding , whole stomach is very inflamed and a small ulcer at the base of the pilloric sphincter is a lot bigger.
So my gastroenterologist thinks that the ulcer at the piloris is preventing the stomach from emptying causing an overly acidic environment in the stomach and orders a barium swallow.
I take the swallow test and it shows that I do indeed have a very very slow emptying of the stomach BUT. It also shows a massive diverticuli on the duodenum in the area where the gallbladder duct comes in. So now the GI dr think that this diverticulitis could be causing the swelling and inflammation of the piloric sphincter and that it could very well have been the issue all along considered the size (estimate 3cm) , she also thinks that the diverticuli could be caused by gallbladder issues.
So anyway , I have a couple test of the gallbladder (CT , Ultrasound and HIDA scan) to see if it is indeed the issue and needs to be removed which we’ll discuss the possible resection in the duodenum to remove the diverticuli.
So my question is , what kinda of dietary changes ha e to be made when you don’t have a gallbladder?? I’ve heard that fatty foods cause major problem for most but they are taking about shit like fatty ground beef , pizza and garbage like that.

I had mine out since I was 30. Genetics. My Moms side of the family all had it out. All I can say is A high fat diet is out. Otherwise if I keep fiber high I haven't had any problems.

The only thing ill add from people I know without a GB is spicy food is also likely out.

The only thing ill add from people I know without a GB is spicy food is also likely out.

Fortunately that's not a big deal for me because my ulcers don't tolerate spicy food anyway so I been staying away from that the last 25+ years anyway.
My biggest concern is that I follow a moderate fat diet because I'm very carb sensitive , its good fatsfir the most part so hopefully it won't be that big of an issue. Now we just need to find out it taking the gall bladder is all that's gonna happen or will there be a resection to remove the diverticuli

Fortunately that's not a big deal for me because my ulcers don't tolerate spicy food anyway so I been staying away from that the last 25+ years anyway.
My biggest concern is that I follow a moderate fat diet because I'm very carb sensitive , its good fatsfir the most part so hopefully it won't be that big of an issue. Now we just need to find out it taking the gall bladder is all that's gonna happen or will there be a resection to remove the diverticuli

I figured down in Cajun country you were taking shots of hot sauce with every meal :cool:

Colon surgeries are all different from my understanding, it'll be unique to you how it affects the digestive system as a whole. But being your generally healthy and your diets already easily digested I can't imagine youll need to make major changes.

I've read of some people developing issues related to IBS after removing gallbladder. Is it the only option? As some use medication for gallstones.

I had mine out almost exactly six years ago. Was having terrible heartburn and other gastric issues. Heartburn disappeared after gallbladder was removed. Have to be careful with the fatty foods. Sometimes I'll take a digestive aid of enzymes if I know something will be on the fatty side that I can't get around.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws