YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who has taken a huge break from bodybuilding then got back into it?

Thebigone

Kilo Klub Member
Who has taken a huge break from bodybuilding then got back into it? About a year ago are used to train hard core 5 to 6 days a week and I did that for a good five or six years. The past year I opened a new business and training took a toll. But the last six months I’ve probably gone to the gym on average once every 10 days. What’s odd is I still look the same about 10 pounds lighter maybe. Naturally I am in endo/meso(more endo). September 1st I’m going to go at it hard again. I’ve just been on HRT for a good year no cycles or anything. Curious if anyone else took a break like this and if you noticed rapid growth or what? Thanks

I took multiple years off in a row due to a series of injuries.

It comes back quick. The key is don't become to anxious to get back to where you were - physique wise, or even regarding weights in the gym.

I have re-injured myself because I didn't give my joints and connective tissue a chance to adapt.

If you feel like you can do 60 lb dumbbell incline bench press, start with 30s the first week back. Then go up to 35s, 40s or 45s, etc.

Who has taken a huge break from bodybuilding then got back into it? About a year ago are used to train hard core 5 to 6 days a week and I did that for a good five or six years. The past year I opened a new business and training took a toll. But the last six months I’ve probably gone to the gym on average once every 10 days. What’s odd is I still look the same about 10 pounds lighter maybe. Naturally I am in endo/meso(more endo). September 1st I’m going to go at it hard again. I’ve just been on HRT for a good year no cycles or anything. Curious if anyone else took a break like this and if you noticed rapid growth or what? Thanks
I haven't taken that long of a break (I've had a few 6-8 week breaks from surgeries), but I have seen people make incredible progress when coming back after a long layoff. If I were to give you any advice, I would tell you to slowly ramp up the volume and frequency. Sure, still train as hard as you can in any given set, but slowly ramp up that volume. You'll have much more sustained growth since your body is used to a much lower level of stimulus at the moment.

Took a year off because i went to jail and where i live you cant train with weights in jail also wasent on trt so my system crashed hard and had 0 test production for an entire year, lost a shit ton of weight but now 6 months later i have almost regained all the lost mass.

I took a couple years off , when everything normalized again I hit the gym hard all natural at the time and stuck to a very strict diet and got as far as I could. Took 2 months off , slacked on the diet a bit then started just a low impact cycle 300 test e every 5 days for 6 months then started adding other compounds in. Strength and size came back quick but I wish I would have stuck to my diet better during those 2 months in between , I would have had way less fat on my abominals and lower back.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

That's where my screen name comes from. I gave up bodybuilding, not training. I went into the military. But when I got out and went back to training and eating like a bodybuilder, I blew up fast.

Took a year off because i went to jail and where i live you cant train with weights in jail also wasent on trt so my system crashed hard and had 0 test production for an entire year, lost a shit ton of weight but now 6 months later i have almost regained all the lost mass.

This leads to a good slightly unrelated question. If you are on legit prescribed TRT and land yourself in prison for a year or two, do they still give it to you in there? Man that would suck if not! I would think if it's medically prescribed, they would have to?

This leads to a good slightly unrelated question. If you are on legit prescribed TRT and land yourself in prison for a year or two, do they still give it to you in there? Man that would suck if not! I would think if it's medically prescribed, they would have to?
Yeah now that im on script the cant deny it to me, but 1year with 0 test production is not a great place to be in mentally or physically :D
Went from 107kg bf about 12% at 5,5" to 85kg with a bf of 20% ish..

Yeah now that im on script the cant deny it to me, but 1year with 0 test production is not a great place to be in mentally or physically :D
Went from 107kg bf about 12% at 5,5" to 85kg with a bf of 20% ish..

I always wondered this myself. Good to get an answer and welcome back to the other crazy world of freedom, specter.

Back on topic, I took a long layoff recovering from surgery where I strictly dieted and lost a ton of size. Went back on and re-gained all my muscle (about 35lbs) in a month. I don't think I made new gains though.

My good friend is an LA County Sheriff and said there are several inmates with prescription TRT who get their shots still. It’s illegal to deny anyone, and made or not, any prescriptions if they have a true script. Now if it’s one of those shady HRT scripts I’m not so sure.

Took a 26 yr break...lol...(it was only supposed to be the usual 2 wks)….ah life!

Back at it (powerlifting)….for 6 yrs...last couple back into competition.
Four competitions, four 1st place, 16 records...so it does come back even with such a long break!

And all those wins and records were in between major shoulder surgeries...(all 4 rotator cuff torn, labrum torn and bicep tendonitis relocation on left and 1 rotator cuff torn , labrum torn, and bicep tendonitis on right)

Man I took about 12 years completely away from training and then spent a few just totally half assing it. I am starting a log to hold myself accountable - so I’ll tell more of the story there. But size wise - it seems muscle memory is very real.

What’s odd is I am more sore from not working out then when I used to work out hard. My back is killing me, if I throw the baseball around with the kids my shoulder starts to get sore, etc. I forgot how healthy it is to actually work out.

Heck, that dude Bradley Manning had the taxpayers pay for his gender change surgery. Now he is Chelsey Manning. I hope that if he could make us pay for that then a prisoner could at least get a shot each week of test.

life ups n downs make things like this pretty regular for me.

going back to it i always mutate very fast, no gear just trt.

if you time trt+sups then a lil gear you can stay on the upswing for quite a while.

Many years off due to injury...I came back smarter and with different goals in mind.

Ive taken big breaks many MANY times. Ive been at it so long. The muscle memory, at least for me, is unreal. I touch a weight and within a wk (no lie) people are making comments because of the fullness coming back.

I always come back better than when I left. Every time. And the nagging injuries are usually WAYYYYYY better. It works

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws