advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who has taken a step back from training/diet - to re-assess?!?

You are wise beyond your years. Great post. Young guys that come on here and post intelligent things like this are our future.

The main thing is not to let eating/lifting/resting/supplements/PED's become the focus of your entire life. I failed to make the right choices early on, and I am living with that. How different things could be now if I had. Fortunately, I have righted the ship and changed course.

Here's how you know you have the genetics to be a bodybuilder:

1.) You have a full moustache and sideburns in 7th grade.
2.) You are benching 185 in 8th grade
3.) When the other kids talk about you, they use terms like "man" "beast", and the like.
4.) People think you spend a lot of time lifting weights, even if you don't

BTW: I know a kid that is the first three. So for all you guys out there that think genetics are not a factor, ask yourself if you were benching 185...for reps in 8th grade.

I find it kinda hard not to fall into that trap... People over the forums keep saying that diet + training + consistency is KEY...so you do just that, but then you do not too exciting results, so you add super supplements... Then you grow but still nothing like some other people around you... so you say to yourself that you should work harder and be even stricter.........but what's actually holding you back??. Once everything is on par (rest,training,diet,stress,supps), and you get sub-optimal results, at least when you compare yourself to others, what do you really think is holding you back?

GENETICS.

Most people with below average genetics that wants to get a certain shape at all cost will most likely become OCD about it.

For those, it's probably best to do the least in order to get the most bang for your buck, which means to do the 80-90% that actually matters, and forget about the other 10-20%...because even if you go and work to get that extra 10 or 20%, the other beside you with much better genetics probably already has a 300 or 500% advantage over you anyway...so even if your diet is 100% on par, muscle won't pack on 10x faster... the gains will be faster yes, but how much faster? Not as much as most people would like.

People realize this stuff sooner or later. Personally, i'm still pretty young (24) but after close to 10 years of training under my belt, i've realized already that my genetics (I think that close to nobody is objective enough to be able to assess their own genetics) are really not great for that sport. I still won't quit though, as this is my passion and I love lifting weights, making pr's, eating healthy and feeling healthy, learning about my body and about physiology in general. I also think it is a great way to develop self-confidence and self-discipline.

Anyway, I just think it's normal to fall into the trap of becoming OCD about this stuff, as nobody gets the results they want so they keep trying to better their strategies although sometimes all they are doing is turning in circles...

I keep reading threads where people say that you should do THIS or THIS instead, and then you get the blame for not getting the results you want, while you actually have been doing the right thing, it's just that your genetics sucks. ALL THE TIME people with great genetics will get rewarded and congratulated by others when they get in great shape. You have the candidate A that will do a cycle and do everything by the book with 99% consistency that gets shitty results, and then others will come in and blame his training, or blame his diet, bla bla bla... then you have candidate B that does a cycle, eats VERY poorly and trains when he cans, blow up, then everyone asks him how he got into that shape, and gets congratulated and everyone thinks high of him...And people now take his advices (which is ridiculous).

Genetics dictated that.

I mean you will have people saying to EAT MORE. I keep seeing people saying that food is their anabolic... People sometimes seems to believe that some ecto/endo bodytype (or someone with CRAP genetics) has the same metabolism as a pure mesomorph on GH/tren/t3... The first one will simply pile on a ton on fat on an horrible muscle/fat ratio, and will end up having to cut that weight, ending back right where he started while the other will be able to pile on tons of muscle. ''Food was his anabolic'', his stack coupled with his great genetics didn't make a difference...the FOOD did right.

Having said that, if you want to know how big/lean you can get, well no one has a crystal globe, so give it your best as long as you are happy, and that the people around you still appreciate you... I think giving and helping others more can only help YOU achieve your goals. I believe that going the narcissic way about the training thing is the worst thing you can do. It would be great if people would just realize that we do not all start with the same base. Very few people that are gifted in the genetics department are able to admit it.

Look man ,

I don't mean to sound like an ass, but this is like the 3rd thread youve posted dealing with your problems outside the gym. Here are some tips I've come up with for you, and I'm sure this is probably everyone else's perspective as well:

1. This is the Pro Muscle forum, and no one comes here to read your problems like it's Facebook
2. There doesnt need to be a "Life Support" thread, I don't think anyone is dying from lifting weights
3. It doesnt matter if you lift to compete or just be healthy, but do it for you and no one else, quit worrying about it "taking over you life" or being anything negative at all.

Sincerely,
Everyone gettin bored of your life

ps; face your problems, dont facebook them

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201