over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who here boxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as muscle. Nope! I was a very talented fighter, here were my stats:
5'-10", 119lbs, 72" reach. I had a lot of hand speed and punching power, great chin, little endurance. I fought in tournaments and did very well.

For some reason I wanted to add in weights. I guess I thought it would add punching power, I also wanted to look a little better. I signed for a show fight. A show fight is when you know who you are fighting and they weigh you about a month before, so I decided to put on some weight fast. Anyway, I had a great amount of punching power, I learned how to punch like a professional does for power, (it involves your foot placement and using your body) It's kind of like hitting a baseball, you don't necessarily see baseball players with 22" arms, it's more leverage.

Look at Tommy Hearns, geat example, he was a stick, but the long arms and legs, short torso, help generating punching power.

A pro turns his heels up and outward as he punches and the punching side turns inward. Anyway back then Kenny Weldon from Golden boys gym in Galena Tx, taught all of that as well as pendulum blocking which is not allowed in amateur but a secret of the pros.

Now My trainer Peter Sanchez (145-4 with 82KO's as an Amateur! That's unheard of as an Amateur) Hated that I did that, he said that I was more of a boxer as soon as I hung out with the pros, I just wanted to slug and I wasn't meant for that.

I fought in the show fight as a 147lber. First round beat the piss out of the kid, he barely hung on. He was completely bloody, the second and third round, it was over, I got my ass kicked all over the ring! I barely stayed up, for the first time ever I was hurt and felt volunerable in the ring. Before I would stick and move, use the jab, and my mainstay combo was left, right then left hook and circle, over and over.

This time, I stood flat footed, with hook after hook, and by the second half of the second round those gloves felt like 16lbs not ounces. When you throw super heavy winging punches like those you will gas out fast! I lost a unanimous decision, my trainer was pissed off, he said that the kid was a bum and I would have dropped his ass as a bantamweight, but I wanted to try to KO him and look what happened. My friend drove me home and I barely made it to the car without falling on my face.

All of this rambling and a whole bunch of nothing.... But that was my last fight ever. You have to only throw those types of punches when you really have him in trouble. That and the adrenaline from the fight can either help or hurt you, just spar as much as you can and go to different gyms before you step in there.

Good luck

DB

Last edited:
My dad was a boxer he told me that boxers are not very good street fighters because they are used to only using their hands and fighting cleanly all the time. My dad was also known as a street fighter though, but he wouldn't start fights, he's a small guy, but strong and just plain tough. Before anyone even heard of MMA, my dad told me that.

He said that boxers will win if they get to land a good blow or two, but if not, they will be taken down and that's it.

The reason you don't like fighting is also because boxing really isn't fighting. As soon as a fighter loses composure, he tires, makes stupid mistakes and loses. You have to be calmn and patient, but MMA is the same way I guess, the fighters who win from the guard remain calmn, they keep their cool, and wait for an opening, panicking is not good.

That's why fighting in the streets is a different story all together. Fights get stopped right away, or theres only a couple of blows that are exchanged. You can't use too much Jiu-jitsu in a street fight either, what if the guy you're fighting has a bunch of buddies with him? Or the cops come?

A street fight is pretty much over in seconds, you have to strike and get out of there, the longer you stick around, the more trouble you will have.

Fighting in the streets is different than boxing but I can do both, I have been in many many street fights way before I started boxing. I dont like fighting because I am a calm laid back person. I would rather talk and reason than get physical. I know I can handle myself no matter what the situation is.

Good replies here fellas...gave me some thoughts to work with.
Let me humbly make it clear once again:
I am new to boxing, am into my 4th workout in second week of hitting the heavy bag EOD on days OFF from weightlifting (So far just minor elbow pains, that's it). I do not claim to be a bad ass or have superhuman abilities to become the next heavyweight champion of the world. I am not even trying to sound hardcore...im just frustrated and full of anger. Boxing would be perfect for me. If I competed right now, as much as I WANT TO, I would gas out too quickly, then get pounded the shit out of by some 160 pound dude.
But one thing I DO know is that I throw some very strong blows on that confirmed 250 pound bag. I am NOT pushing the bag whatsoever, just landing crispy clean blows and back to my defensive stance. The thing flies up and down like it's 20 pounds, with stuffings shooting out of it (Last time I checked, that shit ain't normal). I've had a BOXER trainer come up to me, saying Damn you got serious power. This tells me...that I got power. Yeah, I gas out very quickly, but it's a gradual process to get wicked endurance at a heavy 225 pounds.
I Know that I am a ridiciliously LONG way off from smashing skulls and fucking up a good whole lotta people on that stage. I am NOT a bad ass, but fucking want to be!
I originally planned a cycle (For first time in over 2 years), was going to make an order on over 250 dollars worth of gear...but canceled at the last moment. Now Im going to spend all of that money on personal training boxing with a known lightweight contender for the champion of the world back in his day (Some old guy) and I am going to get 1000% serious to prepare for my first fight.
If anybody here wants to throw some priceless advices on how to prevent gassing out, or any other purely boxing tips...I am definitely all ears.

p.s
Can anybody tell me if I am delusional or if onto something here, because, when I watch boxing...seriously...about 90% of the contenders look bloated, fat, skinny, out of shape, like they never lifted a weight in a day in their lives...
I always told myself...the winners were Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield, all these guys were MUSCULAR, STRONG LOOKING, and AGGRESSIVE.
So in my little own world...seeing these skinner and fat bloated fuckers fight on TV nowadays, if I can go on that stage at 225-230 of pure HARD muscle, have worked on my endurance to withstand my aggression against the opponent, and increase my strength by a further 30%, I can shatter these fuckers easily.

:) hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

If you are going into the ring forget about how you will look and train to be able to go the distance. You need to be weight training your muscles for endurance. You have to make boxing your no.1 goal its going to take allot more than $250 off personal training, I don't think there are to many Mariuzs's out there. Best of luck.

LMAO i cant help but piss myself laughing when anybody calls him Dexter..

Thats not an insult, its his name.

But can't boxer's muscular structure equate to how powerful his punches are, if he can back up his size with the definition of raw power?
Muscle=Power right?
The muscular structure also seems to offer more protection from body shots as far as im logically concerned (Mass=Density=protection aginst internal damage and shock). Maybe Im wrong, maybe I don't know what the hell im talking about. But if I were a bloated, fat 210-220 pound boxer (As most of the heavyweight boxers nowadays look like, at least on TV), I would be scared shitless to stack against a 230 pound lean, extremly aggressive, angered muscular fighting machine who has managed to keep his condition TOP NOTCH through a strict training and dieting routine, who happens to have devasating POWER as well, and blows brutal blows after blows non stop.
Listen, all im saying is....there's needs to be more CONDITIONED (The kinds that won't gas out) muscular boxers out there, albeit such a RARE breed. But ask yourself...what would happen IF a muscular, powerful boxer did go on stage...wouldn't that be one hell of a contender? Shit...Look at mariuszu Pudzianwisky and his endurance & Stamina. It's possible!
If there can be one of a kind...then surely, he would knock the living shit out of these modern fools easily....

Muscles DO NOT equal Power. Its not strength its velocity on impact that creates a hard punch. I fight Pro MMA and used to be big into Bodybuilding. Walked around 210-218 and now I fight at 170lbs :eek: If I was bigger it doesn't mean I'd hit harder - it just means I could bench more. Sometimes being "bigger" or more "muscular" slows down your punches and you don't have the same impact.

Look at Fedor. The guy is a NOT muscular at all and is the most viscious MMA fighter on the planet, KOing guys who out weigh him by 30-40 lbs.

Another example is BJ Penn, who fough Sean Sherk and Sherk looks like a freaking muscle head body builder who could toss BJ around like rag doll....thats until BJ ko'd him in their fight.

Me and my buddy are on the floor right now at 230am LMFAO.........omg i cant breathe......

I bet. Is it because neither one of you can get it up? Is there something in your mouth?

Why dont you try leaving other members alone?:rolleyes: Did he steal your spot light? Are you jealous? Does it really matter what anabolic beast does with his life?
Why are you stalking him like the rents due?

Obviously A_B beats to a different drum but I'll take his word bf your's any day of the wk. Why? it's very simple. While that guy is out there attempting to make shit happen, your melting down all over the fucking place making excuses for your sorry ass...

Show some respect you little bastard or atleast shut your pie hole...

I apologize once again to the staff & its members..:(

Last edited:
But can't boxer's muscular structure equate to how powerful his punches are, if he can back up his size with the definition of raw power?
Muscle=Power right?
The muscular structure also seems to offer more protection from body shots as far as im logically concerned (Mass=Density=protection aginst internal damage and shock). Maybe Im wrong, maybe I don't know what the hell im talking about. But if I were a bloated, fat 210-220 pound boxer (As most of the heavyweight boxers nowadays look like, at least on TV), I would be scared shitless to stack against a 230 pound lean, extremly aggressive, angered muscular fighting machine who has managed to keep his condition TOP NOTCH through a strict training and dieting routine, who happens to have devasating POWER as well, and blows brutal blows after blows non stop.
Listen, all im saying is....there's needs to be more CONDITIONED (The kinds that won't gas out) muscular boxers out there, albeit such a RARE breed. But ask yourself...what would happen IF a muscular, powerful boxer did go on stage...wouldn't that be one hell of a contender? Shit...Look at mariuszu Pudzianwisky and his endurance & Stamina. It's possible!
If there can be one of a kind...then surely, he would knock the living shit out of these modern fools easily....

muscles dont always = power
technique is the winner everytime and you cant assume that your muscle would protect you from a decent dig to the ribs.

anger in the ring will get you knocked out bro

good luck and get a boxing coach and you might have found your 'thing' to channel your aggression into.

If you are going into the ring forget about how you will look and train to be able to go the distance. You need to be weight training your muscles for endurance. You have to make boxing your no.1 goal its going to take allot more than $250 off personal training, I don't think there are to many Mariuzs's out there. Best of luck.

Well right now I train bodybuilding style and hit each bodypart 9 total sets (9 working sets, followed by an all out drop set). I know 9 sets doesnt sound like a lot to a lot of the gearheads on here, but my philisophy is "If you don't completly fatigue and destroy the muscle in 45 minutes at the most, then your doing something wrong (probably in the intensity department) as far as training goes. Anything over 45 mins for me is counter productive...but then again I am natural. Cardio is excluded from this 45 minute marker.
For legs, I guess it could be qualified as boxing conditioning since I only do 15-20 reps for every and each sets of squats, leg presses, and extensions. This probably explains why I never burn out on legs when I am hitting the heavy and speed bag.
How would you recommend a boxer's friendly weight lifting program, that's geared specifically for endurance, conditioning and stamina, without sacrificing mass?

I bet. Is it because neither one of you can get it up? Is there something in your mouth?

Why dont you try leaving other members alone?:rolleyes: Did he steal your spot light? Are you jealous? Does it really matter what anabolic beast does with his life?
Why are you stalking him like the rents due?

Obviously A_B beats to a different drum but I'll take his word bf your's any day of the wk. Why? it's very simple. While that guy is out there attempting to make shit happen, your melting down all over the fucking place making excuses for your sorry ass...

Show some respect you little bastard or atleast shut your pie hole...

I apologize once again to the staff & its members..:(

haha go fuck yourself....you the same quakeroats from getbig that causes all the problems? i bet you will be banned here VERY soon...

Well right now I train bodybuilding style and hit each bodypart 9 total sets (9 working sets, followed by an all out drop set). I know 9 sets doesnt sound like a lot to a lot of the gearheads on here, but my philisophy is "If you don't completly fatigue and destroy the muscle in 45 minutes at the most, then your doing something wrong (probably in the intensity department) as far as training goes. Anything over 45 mins for me is counter productive...but then again I am natural. Cardio is excluded from this 45 minute marker.
For legs, I guess it could be qualified as boxing conditioning since I only do 15-20 reps for every and each sets of squats, leg presses, and extensions. This probably explains why I never burn out on legs when I am hitting the heavy and speed bag.
How would you recommend a boxer's friendly weight lifting program, that's geared specifically for endurance, conditioning and stamina, without sacrificing mass?

I dont think it is possible to train for indurance without sacrificing mass.

I think we can see were this is going.

Any thread that turns into these stupid pissing matches will be locked. So please learn to respect each others view's and reply in a respectful manner.

You have been warned !!

HAHAHAHA.

Keep dreaming pip squeak. Try not to fall to pieces today homer.:rolleyes:

2 posts only insults ... 1 more and you're gone

this post was about boxing and eventually advices

keep it this way or as Big Bapper said we will lock it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics