over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who here boxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
God dam you make me hot when you talk like that. I am aroused. "Bite my lips and close my eyes...take me away to paradise"! I need a glass of red wine and a very cold shower! More! MORE!!!

Me and my buddy are on the floor right now at 230am LMFAO.........omg i cant breathe......

I am a boxer. I trained out of kronk owned IBA for a couple of years. I have had 3 amatuer licenses(one of which is current). I have held my pro card, but never boxed on it thats how I can still get an amatuer license. I have fought in 7 toughman competitions including the world championships last May that was just shown on FSN this past august. I hold a 2007 toughman super heavyweight championship. I also fought in tough gloves this past July, which is toughmans amatuer boxing promotion that is sactioned by USA BOXING.

I love boxing but I dont like fighting, figure that one out, lol. I am also a head bouncer at a bar, which goes against not liking to fight too!

I'm a converted boxer -> to Maui Thai. I prefer Maui Thai for my self. But they both have pro's cons. The head/foot work of an elite boxer is an amazing sight.

LMFAO for once i wont be the one makin fun of you here. Try to stop cursing and TRYING too hard to sound hardcore (just makes you look stupid)......

Boxing is fun. Its more fun when you incorporate it with all forms of MMA. BJJ is a TON of fun (without the gui) if you get good at it. Judo kinda just gets me aggrivated because i cant stand someone grabbing my gui (i guess wrestling all my life and having mobility and ability to move has something to do with it). Cant stand not being able to move becuase someone has my damn sleeve n collar lol. Boxing can be alot of fun, but being more diverse and learning to grapple is a much tougher workout, honestly, and more exciting (and it makes you use your HEAD more, because if you arent smart and get baited, your fucked lol).

nah bro, it's a totally different feeling, I wouldn't say its a lot tougher (been doing both together for like 3 years and 6 years of boxing)

when u are able to mix both though, its when it's starting to get fun :D

I'm a converted boxer -> to Maui Thai. I prefer Maui Thai for my self. But they both have pro's cons. The head/foot work of an elite boxer is an amazing sight.

I remember when I went from boxing to muay thai lol, doing a low rotation to avoid a punch made me receive a nice good old kick in the jaw :D

my jaw still remember it, so does my lower lip lol

the moves are totally different, different footworks, different way to avoid hits ... definitly big fan of both here

Last edited:
Ppl who take steroids and then decide to box make the sport look bad and make themselves look bad. If you decide you are a bad ass and should box, you'll find out it's not so easy. If you decide you want to box and later conclude you are a bad ass, someone on the street might show you what it's like to fight sans marquis of queensbury rules. Either way, your attitude is wrong for the sport and you should shut up or, as someone put it, quit cussing and trying too hard to sound hardcore.

Stupid threads like this make the sport sound stupid.

Guys like you don't last long. Quit hitting a bag, talking tough, and get in the ring with someone who's an equal match. See how much you like it then. As soon as you feel a good punch and have no where to run away for the rest of the round and remaining rounds, we'll see how much you want to box.

Just shut up. Fight if you want, but shut up. Talk is cheap. Anyone can hit a bag. Bags don't hit back. Anyone who responds to you and takes you serious by "comparing notes" is someone I have to question their credibility.

Ppl who take steroids and then decide to box make the sport look bad and make themselves look bad. If you decide you are a bad ass and should box, you'll find out it's not so easy. If you decide you want to box and later conclude you are a bad ass, someone on the street might show you what it's like to fight sans marquis of queensbury rules. Either way, your attitude is wrong for the sport and you should shut up or, as someone put it, quit cussing and trying too hard to sound hardcore.

Stupid threads like this make the sport sound stupid.

Guys like you don't last long. Quit hitting a bag, talking tough, and get in the ring with someone who's an equal match. See how much you like it then. As soon as you feel a good punch and have no where to run away for the rest of the round and remaining rounds, we'll see how much you want to box.

Just shut up. Fight if you want, but shut up. Talk is cheap. Anyone can hit a bag. Bags don't hit back. Anyone who responds to you and takes you serious by "comparing notes" is someone I have to question their credibility.

100% true

its one thing to hit a bag, one different thing to step in a ring be out of breathe take punches, be able to give some back, suffer, and see you have 1.30 minutes left in the round the guy in front not as exhausted as you and 2 rounds left

this is what boxing is all about

if u like the feeling this brought you, then you are made for this sport

Another question I have to pick on your brain is (Since you have experience and I don't have SHIT, except pure heart and drive)...why the hell would some amateurs never turn pro when they have the choice to? Don't they want national coverage? Don't they want to at least TRY to become the champion of the world?
I sure as hell want to ask the local boxer trainer at my gym to schedule me my first comp, and just see how I stack up against the other boys. I gas out quite easily, but with my power (Especially the way I make that 250 pound heavy bag FLY across the room and stuffings shooting out of the bag and a crowd of spectators crowding around me) I must be doing SOMETHING right.

when you have spectators watching you hitting this 250 (?) pound bag, are you decked out in a custom ANABOLIC BEAST red sharpie t-shirt? does your trainer squirt whole milk into your mouth between rounds?;)

To remedy anger and aggression, I have lately been intensely boxing on my days off from weightlifting. I am in love with this fucking boxing. It's pure pain and it robs away that depression like fuck. However, my elbows seem to be taking a mild toll due to all of the pressure exerted from weightlifting and hitting the heavy bag (My gym has a strange customized 250 pound heavy bag that I love pounding the living shit out of). I never had elbow pain before...so Im a little concerned here. I wear 16 oz Everlast training gloves and they seem to be light and not absorbing the bag's reflections of my punches. I ain't stopping this new boxing passion...I actually enjoy it better than weightlifting lol!
This shit is the best cardio I have ever done, and definitely blows away the BORING treadmill. Who here boxes, and even competes if you do fighting comps. Im not talking about that MMA shit you see on TV where skinny guys dance around (I got homophobic issues with grappling and hugging a guy on the floor LOL), Im talking about straight up real poundin' old school BOXING.
What kind of routines do you guys implement when you lift weights and box?
How do you help with the joints?
What supps and food are a MUST for a boxer?
Throw a heavy punch for me!
BAAM BAAM MOTHERFUCKER!

where do you get the time to be a super duper boxer, lift weights that I only dream of lifting AND drink all that milk?

not to mention going to dominican republic to lift girls above your head. I need to get a PA with organisation skills like yours.

I am a boxer. I trained out of kronk owned IBA for a couple of years. I have had 3 amatuer licenses(one of which is current). I have held my pro card, but never boxed on it thats how I can still get an amatuer license. I have fought in 7 toughman competitions including the world championships last May that was just shown on FSN this past august. I hold a 2007 toughman super heavyweight championship. I also fought in tough gloves this past July, which is toughmans amatuer boxing promotion that is sactioned by USA BOXING.

I love boxing but I dont like fighting, figure that one out, lol. I am also a head bouncer at a bar, which goes against not liking to fight too!

My dad was a boxer he told me that boxers are not very good street fighters because they are used to only using their hands and fighting cleanly all the time. My dad was also known as a street fighter though, but he wouldn't start fights, he's a small guy, but strong and just plain tough. Before anyone even heard of MMA, my dad told me that.

He said that boxers will win if they get to land a good blow or two, but if not, they will be taken down and that's it.

The reason you don't like fighting is also because boxing really isn't fighting. As soon as a fighter loses composure, he tires, makes stupid mistakes and loses. You have to be calmn and patient, but MMA is the same way I guess, the fighters who win from the guard remain calmn, they keep their cool, and wait for an opening, panicking is not good.

That's why fighting in the streets is a different story all together. Fights get stopped right away, or theres only a couple of blows that are exchanged. You can't use too much Jiu-jitsu in a street fight either, what if the guy you're fighting has a bunch of buddies with him? Or the cops come?

A street fight is pretty much over in seconds, you have to strike and get out of there, the longer you stick around, the more trouble you will have.

100% true

its one thing to hit a bag, one different thing to step in a ring be out of breathe take punches, be able to give some back, suffer, and see you have 1.30 minutes left in the round the guy in front not as exhausted as you and 2 rounds left

this is what boxing is all about

if u like the feeling this brought you, then you are made for this sport

I love the feeling, I just can not go at it with that intensity without it effecting my gains. When I stop competing I will be flat out Boxing, MMA and also bodybuilding of course.

I balanced Kickboxing and bodybuilding as long as I could before I had to choose that if I wanted to bring the best physique to the stage possible the martial arts had to be knocked on the head for a while.

Baz Rutten is a class act, love the guy and his humor. If I were to start training again I would follow his system or something like it, I love modern self defense. Take out all the shit and learn what works the best for defence against the modern today's attacker.

Good replies here fellas...gave me some thoughts to work with.
Let me humbly make it clear once again:
I am new to boxing, am into my 4th workout in second week of hitting the heavy bag EOD on days OFF from weightlifting (So far just minor elbow pains, that's it). I do not claim to be a bad ass or have superhuman abilities to become the next heavyweight champion of the world. I am not even trying to sound hardcore...im just frustrated and full of anger. Boxing would be perfect for me. If I competed right now, as much as I WANT TO, I would gas out too quickly, then get pounded the shit out of by some 160 pound dude.
But one thing I DO know is that I throw some very strong blows on that confirmed 250 pound bag. I am NOT pushing the bag whatsoever, just landing crispy clean blows and back to my defensive stance. The thing flies up and down like it's 20 pounds, with stuffings shooting out of it (Last time I checked, that shit ain't normal). I've had a BOXER trainer come up to me, saying Damn you got serious power. This tells me...that I got power. Yeah, I gas out very quickly, but it's a gradual process to get wicked endurance at a heavy 225 pounds.
I Know that I am a ridiciliously LONG way off from smashing skulls and fucking up a good whole lotta people on that stage. I am NOT a bad ass, but fucking want to be!
I originally planned a cycle (For first time in over 2 years), was going to make an order on over 250 dollars worth of gear...but canceled at the last moment. Now Im going to spend all of that money on personal training boxing with a known lightweight contender for the champion of the world back in his day (Some old guy) and I am going to get 1000% serious to prepare for my first fight.
If anybody here wants to throw some priceless advices on how to prevent gassing out, or any other purely boxing tips...I am definitely all ears.

p.s
Can anybody tell me if I am delusional or if onto something here, because, when I watch boxing...seriously...about 90% of the contenders look bloated, fat, skinny, out of shape, like they never lifted a weight in a day in their lives...
I always told myself...the winners were Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield, all these guys were MUSCULAR, STRONG LOOKING, and AGGRESSIVE.
So in my little own world...seeing these skinner and fat bloated fuckers fight on TV nowadays, if I can go on that stage at 225-230 of pure HARD muscle, have worked on my endurance to withstand my aggression against the opponent, and increase my strength by a further 30%, I can shatter these fuckers easily.

Last edited:
Can anybody tell me if I am delusional or if onto something here, because, when I watch boxing...seriously...about 90% of the contenders look bloated, fat, skinny, out of shape, like they never lifted a weight in a day in their lives...
I always told myself...the winners were Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield, all these guys were MUSCULAR, STRONG LOOKING, and AGGRESSIVE.
So in my little own world...seeing these skinner and fat bloated fuckers fight on TV nowadays, if I can go on that stage at 225-230 of pure HARD muscle, have worked on my endurance to withstand my aggression against the opponent, and increase my strength by a further 30%, I can shatter these fuckers easily.

You are delusional but I think you know this already.

Tyson & Holyfield were heavyweights and were therefore bigger than Joe Calzaghe or Ricky Hatton for example. Dont see how size equates to strong looking or aggressive?
A boxers muscular structure has no bearing whatsoever on his ability to go 12 rounds or take a clean punch to the chin.

Good luck with taking 230lb of pure hard muscle into the ring and destroying everything in your way, hopefully we can see you on TV sometime soon?

Your posts are quality, you should write a book :)

why dont you work on getting a job dexter?

Dude watch it. He might smash your skull. He rocks a bag heavier than the one at jersey shore too (throw a punch at it next time and youl get the joke) lol

seriously this guy is not real. some of the stuff he's writing comes from the mind of a madman. I love seeing that he's posted just to laugh at whats been written.

and then see a couple of posts later that TatteredAngel has replied with "get a job Dexter"

You are delusional but I think you know this already.

Tyson & Holyfield were heavyweights and were therefore bigger than Joe Calzaghe or Ricky Hatton for example. Dont see how size equates to strong looking or aggressive?
A boxers muscular structure has no bearing whatsoever on his ability to go 12 rounds or take a clean punch to the chin.

Good luck with taking 230lb of pure hard muscle into the ring and destroying everything in your way, hopefully we can see you on TV sometime soon?

Your posts are quality, you should write a book :)

But can't boxer's muscular structure equate to how powerful his punches are, if he can back up his size with the definition of raw power?
Muscle=Power right?
The muscular structure also seems to offer more protection from body shots as far as im logically concerned (Mass=Density=protection aginst internal damage and shock). Maybe Im wrong, maybe I don't know what the hell im talking about. But if I were a bloated, fat 210-220 pound boxer (As most of the heavyweight boxers nowadays look like, at least on TV), I would be scared shitless to stack against a 230 pound lean, extremly aggressive, angered muscular fighting machine who has managed to keep his condition TOP NOTCH through a strict training and dieting routine, who happens to have devasating POWER as well, and blows brutal blows after blows non stop.
Listen, all im saying is....there's needs to be more CONDITIONED (The kinds that won't gas out) muscular boxers out there, albeit such a RARE breed. But ask yourself...what would happen IF a muscular, powerful boxer did go on stage...wouldn't that be one hell of a contender? Shit...Look at mariuszu Pudzianwisky and his endurance & Stamina. It's possible!
If there can be one of a kind...then surely, he would knock the living shit out of these modern fools easily....

This is the best advice I can give you for cardio, get a pair of gravity boots and do toe touches as fast as you can while your training partner mushroom stamps you into furious rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner